Sign in to follow this  
D007

Looking for a mature, adult server.

Well that sums it up.. Anyone know of any servers that require a solid screening process before they let you join?

One that may even be passworded and have as few as 10 members idc..

Ones that don't let a bunch of immature kids Admin.

Ones that won't ask you for money, as if your obligated to give it to them..

Ones where the leader doesn't act like he deserves special treatment and talks over people..

I would just like to meet up with some truly intelligent, organized, and MATURE people, to have a real game for once, that didn't end up in me babysitting..

lol is that to much to ask?

preferably a group with real military background..

I work well in a military setting and I think it'd be great to hook up with some like minded people.

If it's nonexistent.. well then.. I guess I'll have to make one myself.. wink_o.gif

thanks a bunch..

Moving... Please choose a more appropriate forum.

You mean a clan. Yeah, thats what they call them. Heh, there are several clans around that are fun with maturity.

D007,

I searched for a LONG time in search of the same thing.  I tried out several "CLANS" till I finally found a UNIT.  82% of our members are either current, or prior military.  I had sent an email to the unit leader asking pretty much the same thing you posted with.  He provided me with some info and invited me on the teamspeak server so we could talk.  I hopped on the TS and was having pc issues and was unable to log on to the game serer so I called it a day.  The next day I had an email from him asking if the problem was fixed and offered assistance if I needed it.  I was floored, because I had previous experiences with leaders having the God complex.  I got the problem fixed and hopped on thier server and the Unit leader was on...as was several of the other members.  He stopped everything that was going on just to give me (A POTENTIAL recruit) a tour of the base(one that he had created).  After more than an hour of touring we talked at length about the unit and I decided to give it more thought. The next day I was on and another unit was on and challenged them on the spot.  I stuck around for the battle and shortly after it ended I gave him my enlistment papers.  The rest is history and I haven't regretted it a day since then.  We are a tight group of men with like minds who operate in a miltary manner.  They have became a second family to me as well.  Most everyone has each others phone numbers and keep in regular contact.  

Sorry for writting a novel...but it sounded like your in the same boat I was in and wanted to pass along my experience.  

Check us out at www.regiment-hq.com

Hope to see you in the field.

regiment-hq.com is an awsome clan. I don't play much multiplayer, but most of the good times I've had has been on their server. They were playing on realism settings last time I checked, so using crosshairs, 3rd person view and a real time map are disabled. They had long, fun missions, and I never saw anyone messing around.. realism settings annoy TK freaks I assume. Generally I had an awsome time and I was only a random player that found them through the ingame browser.

welcome.gif

Many people have found USI to be a solid mixture of teamwork and fun. Most of our members have a military background, but we have no military structure in our group, merely respect. You are welcome to post in our forum and introduce yourself, with the understanding that no promises will be made. We use Ventrilo for communication, and have a gameserver.

I would also recommend the TacticalGamer community. They may have what you are seeking on a much larger scale than USI can offer.

D007,

I searched for a LONG time in search of the same thing. I tried out several "CLANS" till I finally found a UNIT. 82% of our members are either current, or prior military. I had sent an email to the unit leader asking pretty much the same thing you posted with. He provided me with some info and invited me on the teamspeak server so we could talk. I hopped on the TS and was having pc issues and was unable to log on to the game serer so I called it a day. The next day I had an email from him asking if the problem was fixed and offered assistance if I needed it. I was floored, because I had previous experiences with leaders having the God complex. I got the problem fixed and hopped on thier server and the Unit leader was on...as was several of the other members. He stopped everything that was going on just to give me (A POTENTIAL recruit) a tour of the base(one that he had created). After more than an hour of touring we talked at length about the unit and I decided to give it more thought. The next day I was on and another unit was on and challenged them on the spot. I stuck around for the battle and shortly after it ended I gave him my enlistment papers. The rest is history and I haven't regretted it a day since then. We are a tight group of men with like minds who operate in a miltary manner. They have became a second family to me as well. Most everyone has each others phone numbers and keep in regular contact.

Sorry for writting a novel...but it sounded like your in the same boat I was in and wanted to pass along my experience.

Thats what I'm talking about... No God complexes, good people..

A few of them even I see.. excellent..

I'm definitely checking these sites out.. thanks for the replies guys. I didn't even think I'd get a response..lol..

Looking forward to meeting up with some good team players to enjoy this game the way is was meant to be.. tactical, intelligent, warfare.. biggrin_o.gif

I'm a little rough on the 1st person view, still.. but been practicing on it alot.

do they also do 3rd person?

well regardless, once u get use to it it's fun.. and more exciting I think.. you have to stay alot more aware of your surroundings.. kinda cool that way..

I'm in the US btw.. Florida..

My appologies, I picked an innapropriate forum area.. I was stumped on which to put this in..

If you're looking for a mature group of players, and also like realism and teamwork to play into, defiantly come by and check out the 31st MEU. We don't have our own server yet, but we will shortly (waiting for my next paycheck to come in, actually).

D007,

I searched for a LONG time in search of the same thing.  I tried out several "CLANS" till I finally found a UNIT.  82% of our members are either current, or prior military.  I had sent an email to the unit leader asking pretty much the same thing you posted with.  He provided me with some info and invited me on the teamspeak server so we could talk.  I hopped on the TS and was having pc issues and was unable to log on to the game serer so I called it a day.  The next day I had an email from him asking if the problem was fixed and offered assistance if I needed it.  I was floored, because I had previous experiences with leaders having the God complex.  I got the problem fixed and hopped on thier server and the Unit leader was on...as was several of the other members.  He stopped everything that was going on just to give me (A POTENTIAL recruit) a tour of the base(one that he had created).  After more than an hour of touring we talked at length about the unit and I decided to give it more thought. The next day I was on and another unit was on and challenged them on the spot.  I stuck around for the battle and shortly after it ended I gave him my enlistment papers.  The rest is history and I haven't regretted it a day since then.  We are a tight group of men with like minds who operate in a miltary manner.  They have became a second family to me as well.  Most everyone has each others phone numbers and keep in regular contact.  

Thats what I'm talking about... No God complexes, good people..

A few of them even I see.. excellent..

I'm definitely checking these sites out.. thanks for the replies guys. I didn't even think I'd get a response..lol..

Looking forward to meeting up with some good team players to enjoy this game the way is was meant to be.. tactical, intelligent, warfare..  biggrin_o.gif

I'm a little rough on the 1st person view, still.. but been practicing on it alot.

do they also do 3rd person?

well regardless, once u get use to it it's fun.. and more exciting I think.. you have to stay alot more aware of your surroundings.. kinda cool that way..

I'm in the US btw.. Florida..

My appologies, I picked an innapropriate forum area.. I was stumped on which to put this in..

Thanks for the kind words Sakura.

He is correct we do play with realism settings.  No crosshairs, no 3rd person view and you have to know (or learn) how to read a map to know where you are and let others know.  There are some missions that we play that have a GPS and makes it easier to let others know your location. I have to admit all of this was a big IF for me before joining.  I didn't like the fact of playing without a crosshair.  But when I saw the comradere that was present I jumped in with both feet.  It takes a little getting use to, but now it is no problem.  The one thing they do leave in, when your flying in a helo you do have somewhat of a crosshair showing your position.

New members joining the unit will be in recruit status. You will then go thru a phase of basic training consisting of BRM, Airborne training, Marching, Mechanized training, and I also conduct an Air Assault course to help with us pilots conducting sling loads. There are many other aspects to the training phase...check out website and talk to an NCO if interested.

I already posted to sign up on your forum actually tounge2.gif

Just waiting on a confirmation email I guess.. I'm assuming that may take a little bit as I have been waiting for it for a few hours now.. If not then something got messed up along the line somewhere because I never got one.. just thought I'd let ya know.

I have a feeling you don't just accept people so I'm not expecting clearance as of yet anyway. wink_o.gif

Looking forward to the training to see how you guys work..

I think I'll fly through that stuff.. I keep my choppers under 30 feet mandatory at high speeds.. planes.. lol 30 feet.. inverted. hehe.. luv to fly whistle.gif

Looking forward to meeting you all.. thanks for all the responses, their are very much appreciated..

trying to run a small private server so I could dictate who stays and goes.. It's just like being a daddy to an entire network of kids who should of been spanked more growing up..lol..

7 months of bootcamp training here..lol.. If I can't pass basic I'll slap myself.. twice... lol..

then again it is 1st person... will take more getting use to.. np though.. reading the map, I can do that to find my little X at least I think on veteran.. I could get use to reading their longitude and lattitude settings I'd say, using the compass etc.. cool deal..

landing in 1st person is gonna be interesting..lol.. I recommend a safe 100 meter radius away from anything I land in for a bit..lol..

ok I went to one of your forums.. " I wont say any names" and I see this as a signature that is apparently acceptable...

for future refrence.. this is lack of maturity I was talking about...

------------------------------------------------------------

((go over and b***h slap her. Then bend her over stick it in her a** and pee.

Take pics too! ))

why on earth would I join a group who thinks thats ok when I'm in here trying to get away from things specifically like that? you seem like a good guy.. but I won't surround myself with that nonsense..

I could see it if someone said it one day out of the blue for some off the wall reason where it would stay in the group on very rare occasion.. but as a signature for anyone to see at all times?.. nope..

D007, don't you think you're being a bit childish? Mature people shouldn't have any problems with light-heartedness, and so far in your posts I've only seen your fantastic and "mature" ego bulging outside the message box.

ok I went to one of your forums.. " I wont say any names" and I see this as a signature that is apparently acceptable...

for future refrence.. this is lack of maturity I was talking about...

((go over and b***h slap her. Then bend her over stick it in her a** and pee.

Take pics too! ))

why on earth would I join a group who thinks thats ok when I'm in here trying to get away from things specifically like that? you seem like a good guy.. but I won't surround myself with that nonsense..

I could see it if someone said it one day out of the blue for some off the wall reason where it would stay in the group on very rare occasion.. but as a signature for anyone to see at all times?.. nope..

D007, don't you think you're being a bit childish? Mature people shouldn't have any problems with light-heartedness, and so far in your posts I've only seen your fantastic and "mature" ego bulging outside the message box.

and heres another for future refrence..lol..

did anyone ask you at all? your post is spam as far as im concerned.

I asked a simple question.. I don't appreciate people wasting my time directing me to another clan that will do the same thing previous ones have already done..

waste my time saying how great they are and making me believe it, then i deal with people like that... and like you.. please don't concern yourself with my time.. it's none of your business..

if thats lightheartedness to you, then we need to agree to disagree.. I call it immaturity..

light heart would be in game, in private.. forums are a direct reflection of the people there in and it's moderators.. and your kind of people apparently like to talk about peeing in womens behinds..

and wow dude.. just wow..

love how you apparently read minds telling me about my ego and yet you took the time to bash someone in a post outside of anything even pertaining to you.. dude.. that by definition is ego..

FYI: ego maniacs don't say things like "I suck at 1st person" or "I appologise for posting in the wrong area" they don't care..

Go on and go somewhere dude.. I don't have the time or tolerance for people like you..

just tell me what clan your in so I know better ok.. you definitely have a God complex if you go around forums telling people about their shortcomings..

how about you take the rock out of your own eye before you worry about the stone in mine? "thats a bible quote" It means (take care of your own issues before you worry about others..)

How mature you must be.. any more flame wars you want to start today?

well...I did say that MOST of our members are ex-military.  tounge2.gif  He , obviously is not.

If you assume that USI as a group can be summarized by his signature, well then, I'm sorry for you, its your loss.

He is no longer an active or productive member of our group, and his signature is not an indication of how USI behaves or operates.

Im sorry your visit to our forums was short lived. I personally feel responsible.

I can tell you this.... this subject will be addressed. If even one potential recruit is put off by that sig, then it HAS TO GO. and it will be gone. period.   wink_o.gif

I asked a simple question.. I don't appreciate people wasting my time directing me to another clan that will do the same thing previous ones have already done..

waste my time saying how great they are and making me believe it, then i deal with people like that... and like you.. please don't concern yourself with my time.. it's none of your business..

if thats lightheartedness to you, then we need to agree to disagree.. I call it immaturity..

light heart would be in game, in private.. forums are a direct reflection of the people there in and it's moderators.. and your kind of people apparently like to talk about peeing in womens behinds..

love how you apparently read minds telling me about my ego and yet you took the time to bash someone in a post outside of anything even pertaining to you.. dude.. that by definition is ego..

FYI: ego maniacs don't say things like "I suck at 1st person" or "I appologise for posting in the wrong area" they don't care..

Go on and go somewhere dude.. I don't have the time or tolerance for people like you..

just tell me what clan your in so I know better ok.. you definitely have a God complex if you go around forums telling people about their shortcomings..

how about you take the rock out of your own eye before you worry about the stone in mine? "thats a bible quote" It means (take care of your own issues before you worry about others..)

I am astounded by the self-contradictions you make, is your flaming what you call mature behaviour, or what would you think of a person who leaves a post like you did just now?

For all I'm concerned, you can put your entire post in the future reference list. thumbs-up.gif

Response to edit:

Ego maniacs love to tell about themselves, good or bad, so people will react to their attributes by playing down shortcomings and reassuring them about their strong sides. It's called ego boosting.

My clan is MercenaryS - MCY. You're welcome to read about the clan on the Biki.

I appologize for that D.. like I said you seem like a good guy.. I just know those types..

It's not just that.. It's that i know me.. I would argue with a person like that.. Please allow me to remove my previous statement as I don't want it reflecting on your community as much as you don't..

I didn't post the name for a reason though..

didn't see it as a fair representation of the whole group..

I was just trying to give an example.

I hope you understand what I was trying to say though in general.. I was talked into joining a server before and I stayed with them for a while.. Was told all kinds of great things and this and that..

after my one week " honeymoon" period, peoples attitudes starting changing.. seemingly as if they thought they somehow owned me. like they could condesend to me or talk over me just because they were a mod etc...lol..

went from being great people in general to a lot of just nonsense and drama.. I don't like the drama.. I'd prefer just leave.. So i did..

still alot of great people there though.. just the owner of it I couldn't stand.. spent months building custom boards for him on request and when we finished 3 custom boards he didn't even have the common courtesy to reply to our emails..

I just had a flash back of that wasted time is all.. Sorry if I came off aggressive.

I am astounded by the self-contradictions you make, is your flaming what you call mature behaviour, or what would you think of a person who leaves a post like you did just now?

For all I'm concerned, you can put your entire post in the future reference list. thumbs-up.gif

Response to edit:

Ego maniacs love to tell about themselves, good or bad, so people will react to their attributes by playing down shortcomings and reassuring them about their strong sides. It's called ego boosting.

My clan is MercenaryS - MCY. You're welcome to read about the clan on the Biki.

Celery why are you still talking to me? please be gone.. I do not.. again.. have the time or tolerance for your childish flame wars.. go have fun with your legos or whatever it is you kids do now a days..

and another wow.. if u think I have to play my ego for a forum your out of your mind.. Yo must have no life what so ever to even think such a foolish and childish thing.. I am an accomplished man, leave me alone.. or I will report you for flaming.. hows that for an ego?

I think we have all seen enough of this.

Find another hobby please.