Sign in to follow this  
Törni

T-55 pack status

There have been some questions about what's up with the T-55 pack. There has been a small delay (few days). I'm currently adding a small details such as snorkerls, smoke launchers, some cables plus a rewamp of external fuel storages. So release is in this week. Sorry about this.

Ready when it's done as always...  wink_o.gif

Can we maybe see some pics, would love to know which model you used smile_o.gif

I took a look at several OFP T-55s, reference photos, even 1:35 scale models. None of the OFP T-55 variations was "correct" or good enough.

The result is a mix of this and that with re-modeling. The first release will also have working interiors, since people seem to like to them.

EDIT: And big thanks goes to Vilas for allowing me to use his machineguns on T-55s.

are you making both desert and wood versions? because I kind of missed a desert version of the M60

Sorry no desert versions (Iraq) in the first release, but I keep updating my mods from time to time. According to the feedback - ofcourse.

EDIT: Sorry about this, but to me it is kind of hard to see this interest about the Iraq wars. As an European they seem more or less like turkey shoots to me. A WWII equivalent would be something like Germany vs. Poland or Norway.

We'll a small fictional nation like Northern Saharani does not seem any more balanced either on the other hand...

EDIT2: It takes skill to be a tank ace with a T-55 in the game I can assure that. Even with the T-55M you have to use every trick in the book plus a few more againts a decent opponent. In the Vietnam mod perhaps you can rule wink_o.gif

Me wants teh Iraqi version. sad_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Anyway can't you post some screenshots of the T-55 though? wink_o.gif

I guess no screens yet to not piss of the makers of the T-55 that were scavenged for parts? xmas_o.gif

Patience. All in time gentlemen. I'll post some pics after I get something ready to show. Versions included: T-55 vanilla and T-55M with reactive armor blocks etc. upgrades. As I said before the dimensions and details of most OFP T-55s are not correct.

No FIA - what's that? A lot do be redone and modified. I got decent blueprints as a reference now.

T-55M modernization is a generalization since every nation has it's own upgrade packages for T-55s (some even several).

FIA - Free Island Alliance, in other words Victor Troskas men from the Resistance in OFP.

And now please pleeeeease show us some teaser pics wink_o.gif

I hope you will make a Iraqi one at some point but no hurry, an Iraq mod will come sooner or later anyway...

looking forward to this, we need more vehicles in arma...

Ok. Work continues - here is mugshot. So far the improvements over the OFP models include correct dimensions, real shape and placement of external fuel tanks, radio aerials, cables, real exhaust unit and exhaust covers, correct type and placement of driver's vision slits, snorkel, etc. etc. Next on my list are high detail wheels and minor hull details that are still missing.

T55_WIP_234560.png

This is the vanilla T-55.

Yeah, it's hard to drool over a 175x148 pic.

Forum scales pics. No need to drool it is only a 3D mesh.

I'll post bigger pics after I get the better roadwheels in place plus a couple of other extras. Two hours max wink_o.gif

Now gotta move some polygons around and convert .3ds files (again).

Looks good, have you done any textures for it?

Mock up textures only. I got some pretty decent walk around pic sets from which to start making new ones.

First release is going to be SLA vehicles.

Kinda pisses me off to see material used without permission but it seems that normal nowadays...

You refering to the turret or skirts? In the pic the turret is largely untouched. I'm currently improving the basic design of that as well. The side skirts can also be easily what ever shape one wishes. No permission - no use for those parts in this release. It is as simple as that. If used the (old) turret sides need more polys if used in the nearest LOD.

I'll post more pics on different angles so you can see more. The dimensions are corrected according to blueprints, 1:35 kit drawings and walk around pics.

EDIT: But it is obviously faster to work by adding detail and scaling and replacing parts than starting from point zero. In all my addons everyone who has been used as inspiration, base, advise etc. are always credited and you have also a permission to use these models for your own mods too.

This is addon stuff is a bit shady since everyone seems to be doing BIS models pretty much what they wish withuout crediting them at all  crazy_o.gif

EDIT: But it is obviously faster to work by adding detail and scaling and replacing parts than starting from point zero. In all my addons everyone who has been used as inspiration, base, advise etc. are always credited and you have also a permission to use these models for your own mods too.

This is addon stuff is a bit shady since everyone seems to be doing BIS models pretty much what they wish withuout crediting them at all crazy_o.gif

Wait, did you get permission from the markers of the addons that you are using as a "base"? At least the ones who include in their readme's things like, "You must not alter this without permission from the original creator."?

If you did, then that's awesome.