Sign in to follow this  
danelectro_dc

StarWars mod demo release

Well, here's just a little demo I cooked up. The addon includes several new weapons from the star wars universe(DL44, Defender, DH17, Scout blaster, DH17S, IR-5, DL18, EE3, DLT20, E11, laser carbine, laser rifle, nyms carbine, LD-1, Beam rifle, disruptor rifle, T21.),  2 new character skins (swoop bike gangster and corsec agent).

The weapons models, textures and sounds all came from starwars galaxies, the character skins were made by me, the muzzle flashes and laser effects came from skaven and sickboy.

On just a side note, I've just starting making addons for ArmA, there are several things I still need to improve on.  One, trying in incorperate sickboys tracers into my mod so the two addons don't conflict. As of right now, in order to get the laser effects to work, you would have to override sickboys tracers with my modified version. This is kind of an early pre-release seek peek of what I've been working on.

download

Armaholic mirror

corsec.jpg

SWmod.jpg

probably not for awhile. I still have a lot to learn about addon making, photoshop, and 3ds max. Also, tools to make character models have not been released yet, so i can't really make stormtroopers, or any infantry unit that requires a new model.

Mapping is another thing. I want to do a coriella map, but as of right now, I know nothing about it, or even really have a clue as to get started with that.

And for future reference, this mod's new name is Conflict on Corellia mod. Due to copyright conflictions. Plus I planned on it being set on Corellia anyway.

Hi all smile_o.gif

Very good work! I'd like to see more of your mods in the next months + years notworthy.gif

But I've got a question ...

What would you say about joining our mod team? The link to the forum is here.

This year our team will release a Star Wars mod for Operation Flashpoint. But afterwards the OFP members will leave the team / quit the work. We've got members working on clone soldiers and new islands for ArmA. But we need help sad_o.gif

probably not for awhile. I still have a lot to learn about addon making, photoshop, and 3ds max. Also, tools to make character models have not been released yet, so i can't really make stormtroopers, or any infantry unit that requires a new model.

Mapping is another thing. I want to do a coriella map, but as of right now, I know nothing about it, or even really have a clue as to get started with that.

Keep it up man, I'm also just a learner of the 02 builder itself now.

Just started teaching myself with some basic tuts.

Nice lookin addon's too.

one question, how are you checking your progress when there is no external viewer?.

smile_o.gif

Very nice, I will be dl'ing this and trying it out. Does it come with an ammo crate or do you manually have to add the weapons to one?

There's 2 new units, CorSec(west\soldiers) and Swoop Gang(east\soldiers), each one uses everyweapon. If you unpack the gd.pbo you can look in the config for the weapon and ammo class names. Most are pretty simplely named.

Weapon Class name Ammo Class name

dh17 pistol_pack

t21 lightrepeater_pack

scout holdout_pack

ee3 blaster_pack

e11 blaster_pack

ld1 sniper_pack

d18 holdout_pack

ir5 repeaterpistol_pack

dh17s pistol_pack

defender holdout_pack

dl44 pistol_pack

dlt20a sniper_pack

laser_carbine blaster_pack

laser_rifle sniper_pack

dxr6 disruptor_pack

beam_rifle energy_pack

slug_carbine slug_pack

Alright, thanks, I will get to testing these as soon as possible. (Not at my computer right now) When I do get to them I will report any bugs to you.

small suggestion... you should use the " laser beams "  that you have with this addon and put those towards making tracers...   Those glowie orb things that centipede and thepredator made are pretty cheesy....