Sign in to follow this  
BigFart

Freezing after 10 min.

I bought the game 2 weeks ago at bestb.y, I install it , and it freezes, I defrag and clean up everything, but it doesn't help.

I've got a ATI X850 256Mb card

Whats the cause? What do I have to do? banghead.gif

I FIND IT GREAT THAT NO-ONE REPLIES!!!

its hard to replay to such a small descripton of your problem, pls post more about your specification, you tested other games, did you tried other gpu drivers, does it freeze online or always...

Hi BigFart... see my post on this... I have the same problem, freezing after 10, 20 or sometimes 30 minutes. I got alot of responses but nothing definite. I think it is either

a) 1.08 "patch"

b) Creative X-Fi Soundcard (Extreme Audio)

Hi first post,

I remember back when I just got my computer I had the same problem with games in general, and sometimes the internet. My computer would freeze and I would have to do a cold hard reboot.

on my computer I have two 256 mb ram cards which were placed in the first two ram slots, what I did was just place them same order in the other two ram slots and my computer was fixed!

Now from what I see your specs are very different but you can give this a try anyway.

motherboard: winfast NF4SK8AA

graphics card: dual nvidia geforce 7600

Hi first post,

I remember back when I just got my computer I had the same problem with games in general, and sometimes the internet. My computer would freeze and I would have to do a cold hard reboot.

on my computer I have two 256 mb ram cards which were placed in the first two ram slots, what I did was just place them same order in the other two ram slots and my computer was fixed!

Now from what I see your specs are very different but you can give this a try anyway.

motherboard: winfast NF4SK8AA

graphics card: dual nvidia geforce 7600

thats called dual channel. If u have 2 indentical sticks of ram (same

amount, preferebly same model) u can try to run them in dual channel. just put 1 stick on channel A and 1 stick on channel B. See ur motherboard manual, how the ram slots are divided.

Post in more detail ...

Your Specs, and also exactly what happens when it freezes, does it freeze at a certain time, when you do something, is it completly random.

Help us to help you ... xmas_o.gif

*UPDATE*

A'right, I start the game, get into the menu, for some reason it never saves my settings of resolution and graphics, I get into a mission, works for 5 min. and then POW!!! It crashes, for no good reason! it crashes randomley without any cause!

The picture just  freezes and I can't get back to windows or anything, i have to restart by pressing the restart button.

- i've got a radeon ATI 850X 256mb card

-AMD athlon 3000+ ~2,2 Ghz

-Nvidia soundcard

I DON'T have internet right now on my computer cause I have probs with my provider ( Telecom Italia * u bastards!!* )

I've already tried the USB- keyboard thing by plugging it out and back in after loading, i put textures on low and everything else to normal,

I tried the maxmem thing but windows doesn't allow me to keep the extra info behind the 'target' ( pls explain)

I reinstalled approx. 50 billion times

*once it wasn't able to load after beaten dog mission

I defragged with windows and tuneup utilities

I erased the saved stuff

I put color depth to 16bit

I have ATI catalys control center( maybe some1 could tell me what I should set there)

PLEASE HELP ME!!! banghead.gif  pistols.gif  banghead.gif  pistols.gif  banghead.gif  pistols.gif

PS: sorry to say but the pinned stuff don't work!!

PS number two: I have the american Atari boxed version 1.06.5151

A) Return it to your local best buy location...purchase a game that is'nt a pos.

Or

B)Toss it in a Trash receptacle.

An Option

C)If you find yourself extremely bored or fed up...theres always $50 frisbee, skeet shooting is a possibility just remember safety first.

A) Return it to your local best buy location...purchase a game that is'nt a pos.

Or

B)Toss it in a Trash receptacle.

An Option

C)If you find yourself extremely bored or fed up...theres always $50 frisbee, skeet shooting is a possibility just remember safety first.

Don't clutter up threads with useless responses.

If you want to post a criticism of ArmA, we have a sticky thread for that - make sure you do so in a civilised manner.

I suggest you go read the forum rules, or your stay here will be very short.

Did you try what I suggested?

I just sent my pc to the mechanic, see what they can do... icon_rolleyes.gif

Hey, is this a good PC?:

cpu: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+                  

ram: 2048 MB DDR2

motherboard:K9N NEO-F Sound +LAN= all together 1098 $

harddrive: 320 GB 7200 rpm SATA

grafic: nVidia 8600GT 256MB

CD/DVD: 18x DVD- burner

or

cpu: Intel E6750 Core 2 DUO

ram: 2048 MB DDR2

motherboard: MSI P35 Sound + LAN    = all together 1400 $

harddrive:320 GB 7200 rpm SATA

grafic: nVidia 8600GTS 512MB

CD/DVD: 18x DVD- burner

Go Intel and spend the extra $400, worth it in the end.

personally i like a bit of light heartedness in the forums. if you dont fix the problem then the easiest fix is to use the worthless arma disk as a frisbee band.gifrofl.gif

personally i like a bit of light heartedness in the forums. if you dont fix the problem then the easiest fix is to use the worthless arma disk as a frisbee band.gif  rofl.gif

hehe, true

personally i like a bit of light heartedness in the forums. if you dont fix the problem then the easiest fix is to use the worthless arma disk as a frisbee band.gifrofl.gif

hehe, true

Perhaps a total reinstall of Windows might help, however drastic? Also seems some people have managed to get ArmA working by updating their BIOS? Might be worth a try smile_o.gif

No more Freezing since i use -maxmem=512

-maxmem=1024 was too big (i've got 2 gig ram). mad_o.gif

More access to hard drive, but that just sound, no fps drop for me.