Sign in to follow this  
yesac113

How do you put objects on the map?

How do you put objects on map like sandbags,weapons,wrecks ect. i know it is under the unit icon and you select empty but empty isn't there?

I thought we answered this?

Right in the editor select "unit" - then either BLUFOR/OPFOR etc. Pick a soldier basically.

Now in the editor window you will see a small box that will says "control" - Player

This unit needs to be on the map before the other options will appear.

Now you can select the sandbags etc.

I wish they'd remove that playable unit requirement. I usually build my mission first and then I place the players. Having to start every mission with one temporary playable unit gets annoying. sad_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Haha wtf bid deal? biggrin_o.gif

? when building your mission,how can you check stuff-placment of things-if triggers work etc? if you dont have a playable unit down first? confused_o.gif

Yeah personally i always stick a flying RACs MH6 so i can fly around my mission area to see ifall objects are in place, waypoints working etc smile_o.gif

But to place lots of objects, u need to download an editor addon.. Search for 6th Sense.. im pretty sure Sickboy made one smile_o.gif

Well, you don't -actually- need to place the player object first. It's just that the player can't be an Empty object, but unless a player is placed already it will always revert to "Control - Player" until one has been placed (and also whine about "No player present!")

To place empty objects without having a player-unit present, simple switch the control on the unit you're placing into...whatever it's called again "Not Playable" I believe, and the Empty side option will become available. thumbs-up.gif

But really, you'll prolly need that player soon enough anyway to preview stuff...

Regards,

Wolfrug