Sign in to follow this  
AWanderingMage

where can i find the soundtrack!!!!!

I am completely frustrated right now because the game has an amazing soundtrack with some awesome songs and i cant find it anywhere. if any one can show me where to download it that would be awesome... better yet would be if they know where to buy a disk with the songs. banghead.gif

Get cpbo from Kegetys' site (it's in an ArmA tools bundle, really tiny dl size), then go to your ArmA/Addons folder and find the sounds.pbo file, and unPbo is with cpbo. Inside you should find a folder named "music", which has all the music tracks in OGG Vorbis format -> can be played with for instance Winamp.

Good luck!

Regards,

Wolfrug

Also go to your missions folder and de-pbo convoy attack. In the sounds folder there are 2 songs, one is used in the mission and the other is just hidden in the *.pbo doing nothing. You will need ArmA patched to 1.08 for this, since the patch completely changed the mission and added the music.

okay i downloaded the file that you told me to and im confused how to run it... i have winace and extracted it and double clicked and now i can see the files you are talking about but ive played around with it and still cant get the music playing help.gif any direction from here would be greatly appreciated.

got it... dummy me i didnt realise i had to open the pbo file with the cpbo program... once i did that the file unpbo'd and i got the music file. thx to the other guy as well for telling me about the ogg codec and now its working with my media player... YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!.. now is there any good free programs to convert it say to an mp3 format so my media player will allow me to add the mto my library?

Audiacity works great..an ty to the guys who supplied the info as i been looking for ArmA Vera since it was previewed in the preview back in October or so, or maybe i'm just a lil sick in the head about ArmA/OFP. Either way love BIS's taste in music notworthy.gif

how do i freaking use that stupid cpbo program to open the sound.pbo file, nothing happens when i try to open the pbo files this is stupid

when i double click the cpbo program it ask "do yu wish to associate cpbo with pbo files and directories (explorer right click menu) I say yes then on the black screen it says default pbo icon already exists, not overwritten. then i try to open the sound.pbo with this moron program and just nothing happens, WTF CAN YOU GUYS BE MORE CLEARER I SEARCHED AL LTHE FORUM AND CANNOT HAVE AN ANSWER

Edited by Meuhey

how do i freaking use that stupid cpbo program to open the sound.pbo file, nothing happens when i try to open the pbo files this is stupid

when i double click the cpbo program it ask "do yu wish to associate cpbo with pbo files and directories (explorer right click menu) I say yes then on the black screen it says default pbo icon already exists, not overwritten. then i try to open the sound.pbo with this moron program and just nothing happens, WTF CAN YOU GUYS BE MORE CLEARER I SEARCHED AL LTHE FORUM AND CANNOT HAVE AN ANSWER

Just tried it AGAIN. works fine. I downloaded it, extracted only the CPBO to folder on my desktop, opened it said yes to association. looked at a pbo, it now has the pbo icon. RT CLICKED on that to EXTRACT, it made a folder of the pbo with all the pbo's files in side noproblem.

And your frustrated tone and abuse of this awesome prog, which is free, and the help we have given you.... lame

Edited by kklownboy

Does that cpbo program work on 64 bit vista? I couldn't get the program working! Then i tried with other computer wich has 32 bit Windows Xp as OS, and the sounds extracted fine.

On Vista 64 the cbpo screen kept saying: "default pbo icon already exists, not overwritten" when launched just like kklownboy describes above, VERY frustrating!

But on XP it worked!

Does that cpbo program work on 64 bit vista? I couldn't get the program working! Then i tried with other computer wich has 32 bit Windows Xp as OS, and the sounds extracted fine.

On Vista 64 the cbpo screen kept saying: "default pbo icon already exists, not overwritten" when launched just like kklownboy describes above, VERY frustrating!

But on XP it worked!

Works fine on my Vista64. Iam addmin.. and i use Winrar.