Sign in to follow this  
whydoyouwanttoknow

Vehicles or people look like sea urchins

Only seen it happen in multiplayer so far.

Most times it's a vehicle and when I look towards it large spikes stick out in all directions and it seems to get worse until the game crashes. Looking away helps for a while until the spikes seem to take over the entire universe and crash the game.

Sounds like a graphics glitch...

Usually due to an overheating card.. check your GFX card temps... btw.. are u using an X800 / X850 ATI card perchance? They seem to be particularly bad for this issue..

Sounds like a graphics glitch...

Usually due to an overheating card.. check your GFX card temps... btw.. are u using an X800 / X850 ATI card perchance? They seem to be particularly bad for this issue..

Got a GF7600GT 256MB PCIE

It only happens in this game. Happened right off a cold boot and a few minutes into the game.

Just to be sure I just checked the temp.  45C and I only just got out of a game a couple of minutes ago.

It cools down within a minute anyway so that doesnt say anything.

Pull of your case, put a big fan in front of it and see if it happens again. (You wouldnt be the first one to have overheating problems with just ArmA)

or try lowering texture detail and see if it stops it happening..

Just to be sure I just checked the temp. 45C and I only just got out of a game a couple of minutes ago.

Pull of your case, put a big fan in front of it and see if it happens again. (You wouldnt be the first one to have overheating problems with just ArmA)

Card seems to be holding at 50C while in game.

As suggested above, try lowering your texture detail, or adding

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">-maxmem=512

into your shortcut.

If your card is holding at 50 degrees, it isn't a heating problem. More likely, you are running out of RAM and the game is doing weird things before crashing (seems to only happen since the last patch for me). Lowering your texture detail and/or adding maxmem should fix it in that case.

How much RAM do you have?

As suggested above, try lowering your texture detail, or adding

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">-maxmem=512

into your shortcut.

If your card is holding at 50 degrees, it isn't a heating problem. More likely, you are running out of RAM and the game is doing weird things before crashing (seems to only happen since the last patch for me). Lowering your texture detail and/or adding maxmem should fix it in that case.

How much RAM do you have?

2GB

Just to be sure I just checked the temp.  45C and I only just got out of a game a couple of minutes ago.

Card seems to be holding at 50C while in game.

Something awfully similar.

(Cant be arsed to type it all over again)

look into this:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=64982

looks familiar?

I installed the new beta Nvidia-drivers. Did the trick for me.

And no, no card overheating. It's a bug, something that only happens with 1.07 and especially 1.08 patch. Games glitches a few times some minutes after starting, then 2 major freezes and voilá: CTD.

Some things that did not work for me, but could be part of the solution:

Memtest x86 for hardware failures, maxmem-command for arma, lower settings, new patch download, new pagefile-management, shutting out unused and outdated addons, disabling transparency AA in videocard settings, securom-fixed arma.exe

btw: that hint about using the "flush"-option helped me to buy some time. CTD nevertheless. Could be that ALT-Tabbing helps you more. It worked for me. Good luck until the next patch comes (hopefully icon_rolleyes.gif )

another one with similar problems, it seems:

The texture problems are all still just as bad for me under 1.08 and it gets really bad after 5-10 minutes. I still get crashes to desktop with post processing on low and mega loads of crazy vertical artifacts coming off some vehicles. Not to mention crazy shadows, slow drawing textures and super simplified geometric models.

look into this:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=64982

looks familiar?

I installed the new beta Nvidia-drivers. Did the trick for me.

And no, no card overheating. It's a bug, something that only happens with 1.07 and especially 1.08 patch. Games glitches a few times some minutes after starting, then 2 major freezes and voilá: CTD.

Some things that did not work for me, but could be part of the solution:

Memtest x86 for hardware failures, maxmem-command for arma, lower settings, new patch download, new pagefile-management, shutting out unused and outdated addons, disabling transparency AA in videocard settings, securom-fixed arma.exe

btw: that hint about using the "flush"-option helped me to buy some time. CTD nevertheless. Could be that ALT-Tabbing helps you more. It worked for me. Good luck until the next patch comes (hopefully icon_rolleyes.gif )

another one with similar problems, it seems:

The texture problems are all still just as bad for me under 1.08 and it gets really bad after 5-10 minutes. I still get crashes to desktop with post processing on low and mega loads of crazy vertical artifacts coming off some vehicles. Not to mention crazy shadows, slow drawing textures and super simplified geometric models.

Yeah, the picture in that link is what mine looks like.

I did however download newer nvidia drivers yesterday (mine were ancient) and it didn't help at all.

my game does the exact same thing after playing for hours on end or i alt+tab alot i think it has to do with your video memory clogging up. the flush command works sometimes/sometimes not and if u dont restart the game it will get so bad your pc will freeze. i am using the 7600gt 256meg pci-e

I remember, when I had 7600gt, that couple of times when alt-tabbet out and came back I got the exact same thing, alltough it didnt CTD, i just rebooted and all was fine. I didnt alt-tab that much, but this issue seems to be happening only when alt-tabbing.

If u need to alt-tab alot why not run the game in windowed mode??