Sign in to follow this  
Nutty_101

Running Triple Monitor

Granted my system is not the best and is really not setup to even play with three monitors but i am curious why i see this happen when flying around?

See the area it gets cut off, however if i keep the same heading it will stay for a while then fix itself, if i change direction it will resolve immediately.

Arma_Flight_Error_Thumb.JPG

Large Image

Arma_Flight_Upside_Down_Thumb.JPG

Large Image

It's not a bug, it's a feature! rofl.gif

That's awesome dude. Really though, as I understand it the streaming engine renders a certain distance around you, 360 degrees but I am guessing the extra two monitors is just too wide, and it shows you outside the default render distance.

(I know blasphemy!wink_o.gif but have you tried lowering the resolution slightly to see if that changes?

notworthy.gif 3 LCD's :drools:

It´s not a BUG its a CHEAT Feature because sometimes only Parts are disabled but Enemys are everytime shown in this ""clear Zone" lol so do not play against People who use Triple head ;-)

It´s not a BUG its a CHEAT Feature because sometimes only Parts are disabled but Enemys are everytime shown in this ""clear Zone" lol so do not play against People who use Triple head ;-)

I do agree, check out how much you can really see this way. I have been trying to make my fourth monitor work but my system is to junky to play it on. sad_o.gif The other part is that i have to play it in a window since i don't have the trip2go device. Frame rates are ok though.

here are all the shots i took..

Arma_Flight_Error_Thumb.JPG

Large Image

Im_Da_Sniper_Thumb.JPG

Large Image

Arma_Trip_Thumb.JPG

Large Image

Arma_M1A1_Thumb.jpg

Large Image

Arma_Flight_Upside_Down_Thumb.JPG

Large Image

Arma_Flight_Thumb.JPG

Large Image

Increase view distance and see if it still does it. I think its just showing the end of your view distance which is nothing.

Increase view distance and see if it still does it.  I think its just showing the end of your view distance which is nothing.

That's not related to view distance. The terrain is clearly cut off at an unusual place. AFAIK this bug was introduced in 1.07b when they changed the terrain streaming method.

hum the view is not in a correct ratio too, did you resize the pictures?

hum the view is not in a correct ratio too, did you resize the pictures?

I did remove the window frame from them, so they are off. The thing is that i have to play in windowed mode. Thats the only way it works since I have to use the Nvidia drivers to span the monitors. If i run full screen it will only go to one screen; so the ratio's are skewed. Grin.

Don't know if this will work or not, but try increasing the terrain detail setting. Set it to very high and see if it gets the same results as on low.

Ill see what happens. If i get the detail higher my pc cant take it and the frames start to drop hard. I know others have the same issues with just widescreen mode I found out recently. From what i was told it came with some changes to the streaming engine in 1.07 beta. I need to get a new pc someday. Laugh.