Sign in to follow this  

What conflict would you like to see in OFP2?

I would like a real cold war with an evolving campaign structure and the possibility to command NATO or WP forces over Europe. I think it would be possible, failing that I think Korea would be an excellent scenario

Colonial times would be good but wouldent appeal to the masses and the crappy guns would bore. WW1 is too much attrition, we havent had a realistic WW2 game yet so WW2 would be good. Korea I think would be cool as it was quite even, not too advanced but with real decent guns. Vietnam was too much about guerillas for a real war game I think. It would turn into a load of botched raids in the jungle. Sci fi would look too cheesy and wouldent really work with flashpoint. Gulf war was just another word for massacre it would be so insanely unbalenced a fictional conlict would be good I think as well but its gonna be hard to balence US with anyone. Falklands would fit OFP well and Ive wanted Brit equipment for ages.

Hey you fucktards no special forces crap, k? Most of these suggestions just SCREAMED !!Make it operation ghost recon: delta crisis, weeee!!!

My point is there are more "excellent" games that have these special forces sticking OICWs up the russians ass from behind a bush than you can shake a stick at.

I think what makes OFP special is the large battles where you command a squad and have to think how to overcome enemy positions, not the kind of "Ok: here is the enemy, sneak up behind him and shoot him with your battery driven silenced Mp5 with 3 different scopes, then blow up these things" but rather the "ok, leats kill those bloody russians/rebels/americans then take their tank and mow 'em down"...

I know what i think is more fun, especially after the large numbers of swat type games lately.

Just my two cents (blah, cents are part of my currency now too.. cant get used to that fact)

I agree with you DigitalCenturion, I find that being a private in infantry is the most fun part of the game

Falklands or the Gulf, Not America vs Taliban because it was over with out much fighting

Or China attacking to SW Asia, and NATO, EU and Russia interfering... China has greatly increased their military budget, it could happen any day now... wink.gif

Personally, I think World War 2 or Vietnam would fit the OFP type of style, World war 1 would be mostly trench warfare and submarine battles, A present day conflict would go with perhaps a addon pack called "OFP: Black Ops".

Future warfare would be dumb, it would either be infomation warfare (computer war), or robot wars sad.gif

I would like to see a fictional (not science fiction) conflict in a hypothetical modern scenario, but without the high tech weaponary already available nowadays, like for example OICW, proximity controlled submunitions in small arms, or new generation IR/Thermal devices.

Maybe a small scale crisis in Korea, Drugwar in south american locations, more focusing on infantry than vehicles..... as it´s this OFP does best.

Yea im with you on that one. And some decent urban fighting. Maybe Russia vs. Chenya rebels or whatever, then USA interferes. For once USA could be the bad guy, maybe only a semi-bad guy but still..

Why can't BIS just creat a fictional modern day scenario like they did for OFP?

No one says this game HAS to take place in Korea or Afghanistan or whatever.

####, make up a country and then throw in some Russians or Chineese. Then add NATO for good effect! Simple!

Digital Centurion. When I was referring to improving the "spec ops" aspect of the game. I wasn't meaning make it a "major" part of the game.

I just think that the "spec Ops" part needs improvement because it's just a smaller parallel of the conventional combat in OPF.

Personally I think the main "conventional" warfare aspect of the game is already perfect and doesn't really need improving.

And I do prefer to be infantry rather than "spec op". I just think either that part should either be improved in the next game a bit, or left out of the game.

I mean this is a game where you can pretty much do "anything" so all aspects of the game should be realistic, I think.

I know theres plenty of them around, but I vote for WW2!

I think the OFP engine suits WW2 tech levels very nicely; even better than 1985 or modern day weapons. I mean, they've simplified the technology on the armour and air immensely for OFP.

A WW2 sim, the planes have manual sights and targetting, the tanks were all manual systems ie. no electronics etc.

Just add the ability to construct trenches into the islands (as part of mission editting), fill it with the WW2 weapons and vehicles, and I'd be in heaven, if it was done right!!!!