Sign in to follow this  

What conflict would you like to see in OFP2?

With FP as is, most of the fighting is very close. This kinda negates the need for the sizes of the maps we have at our disposal.

I like the Land Warrior system with M16s and ACOGs because you can utilize more of the terrain then for warfare. Instead of 200 to 400 yards, the effective ranges are now 200 to 700 yards for the ACOG mounted weaps. If a dude gets really good ingame, even further sometimes.

Now add in alot more grass tufts and long grass for cover so your a** is not hanging in the wind out on bald terrain expanses. Then add in wind effects and proper bullet drop.

I sure miss DF 2 where we had snipers who were really awesome at the 900 to 1400 yard range. Truly no offence to FP, but iron sights tho cool, for me have not been as exciting as it could have been otherwise. I like a more longer distance encounter.

I miss knife kills as well. *sigh*

Its starting to seem that the only soldiers that do any of the fighting now days are special forces, or what we call special forces. It seems in the US the Rangers have taken the role of a traditional infantry and I dont see how the Rangers or units like that are much different from the soldiers in OFP so I doubt the "Modern Conflict" choice would be much different from the OFP right now. Personally I want to see a WWII mod, and it can be island based too if you base it on the Pacific Theatre. However, when I picture WWII I think of destroyed buildings everywhere with the sound of mortars crashing down and crackeling machine guns in Europe against facists.

Yeah, I agree about that. I don't really think that a "modern day" conflict would be much different from OPF, after all little has changed since then.

Like I said earlier, I would like to see the "spec op" aspect of the game improved so that the commands are different and the style of play in spec ops are different. Infact they should include a "spec op" training course in the game too so that players learn how to effectively do spec ops instead of just treating them like "smaller" conventional operations.

I hope to see some CQB type missions included too. That is an aspect of special warfare that is unexplored in OPF.

What does everyone else think?

Oh, and another thing. WATER!! That's right. Maybe we could be scuba or amphimious units too. Like swimming or stuff, like SEAL's.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MDRZulu @ Feb. 19 2002,03:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Its starting to seem that the only soldiers that do any of the fighting now days are special forces, or what we call special forces. It seems in the US the Rangers have taken the role of a traditional infantry and I dont see how the Rangers or units like that are much different from the soldiers in OFP so I doubt the "Modern Conflict" choice would be much different from the OFP right now. Personally I want to see a WWII mod, and it can be island based too if you base it on the Pacific Theatre. However, when I picture WWII I think of destroyed buildings everywhere with the sound of mortars crashing down and crackeling machine guns in Europe against facists.<span id='postcolor'>

That's because so far we (thankfully) haven't been in conflict with a force that poses any real challenge to the might of the U.S. and/or NATO forces.

Critics will say that future wars will involve bombing by unmaned drones with little action on the ground. While all this smart-bomb technology is nice, I would like to point that when was the last time we went up against an oppenent with superior AA systems? Or even an air-force that could hold its own against the USAF?

Other critics say the M1A2 "Abrahms" and other heavy battle tanks (Challenger, Leopard, ect) are as obsolete as the battleship. Well, I would like to point out that when was the last time we went up against an oppenent that had a MBT (mobil battle tank) that wasn't made in the '50's, '60's, or '70's?

Sorry just had to get these opinions of mine off my chest. smile.gif

I voted for Vietnam biggrin.gif

btw I totally agree with IceFire, although it will be quite difficult to implement, a water physics engine would be so extremely cool! New features would include: rivers, lakes, zodiacs, naval battles, etc. tounge.gif

modern day warfare sucks. Just look at Afghanistan, there is no big scale fighting. Only rangers and stuff. I hope OF doesnt turn into some game like Delta Force. I already hate all those black op missions. I want to see more big scale attacks with armor support and stuff.

WW2 would b good. But the Falklands would b perfect as OFP is a island game. Shoot Argentian guys....woohooo

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kirovski @ Feb. 19 2002,09:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">modern day warfare sucks. Just look at Afghanistan, there is no big scale fighting. Only rangers and stuff. I hope OF doesnt turn into some game like Delta Force. I already hate all those black op missions. I want to see more big scale attacks with armor support and stuff.

WW2 would b good. But the Falklands would b perfect as OFP is a island game. Shoot Argentian guys....woohooo<span id='postcolor'>

No. Present day conflict is better. I hate those old tanks and planes.

I would love to see conflict in the desert, on green areas and on the snow.

Chasing terrorists all over the world. Dunno. I just don't like something like WWII. BIS will decide. smile.gif

Guest Scooby

I would like to see modern day (WW3) or WW2 conflict. What I definetly dont want to see is something like Afghanistan, Iraq, etc small conflicts. Other thing people could suck back into their asses is suggestion of having some small scale "special operations" game.

WW3 game should happen in europe. Maybe war beetween NATO and Russia. Countries where game would take place would be border countries beetween NATO and Russia.

OFP2 would be about perfect if it had more detailled shapes of ground, more foliage and maybe some animation to bushes / trees giving more cover for infantry and ground units. There should be small bumbs, slopes, holes, trenches, rocks, fallen trees, bushes, rivers, small lakes, fields, swamps, etc. Everyone who has been out in the scandinavian nature knows what I mean.

Physics should be also greatly improved. Alot more realism into effects of weapons to personel and equipment. More equipment which is realistically used. It is just plain annoying that OFP is completly lacking some equipment / weaponry / vehicles which are very commonly used and instead of them BIS has been adding helicopters and such into game.

Most likely it will take years to develope game which would have realism in game physics and enviroment but unless you have both of them correct you cant have realistic game.

"I hope OF doesnt turn into some game like Delta Force"

bite your tongue varlet, Delta Force 1 and 2 were awesome games. At least when it came time to join DFs servers you just joined, no waiting for a map d/l and usually discovering the nOOb map makers map sucked, you knew the map and you knew the objectives.... now play.

Thats the one main thing I miss over anfd above the grass in DF 2, the standard map types everyone had. They were varied, well done, and nice to look at. And the fact you could just PLAY<--- this is the most important feature of having GOOD standard map types.

I would like to see something along the lines of a re-continuation of the Korean war. This would easily enable a great variation in the forces involved as well as setting up some cool massed formations.

Either that or a UK v Spain conflict for Gibraltar or a 2nd UK vs Argentina falklands conflictt. Who knows the way politicians are these days they just may occur in real life!

CHINA vs TAIWAN+USA

SOUTH KOREA + US vs NORTH KOREA+CHINA

BOSNIA + UN (USA+BRITISH) vs SERB + YUGOSLAVIA

MYANMAR + CHINA vs UN (US+BRITISH)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shataan @ Feb. 19 2002,15:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"I hope OF doesnt turn into some game like Delta Force"

bite your tongue varlet, Delta Force 1 and 2 were awesome games.<span id='postcolor'>

I just have to agree with you 100%. Maybe he was referring to LW, which personally I found to be a total waste of money.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 19 2002,19:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shataan @ Feb. 19 2002,15:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"I hope OF doesnt turn into some game like Delta Force"

bite your tongue varlet, Delta Force 1 and 2 were awesome games.<span id='postcolor'>

I just have to agree with you 100%. Maybe he was referring to LW, which personally I found to be a total waste of money.<span id='postcolor'>

Agree. Df is crap.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Icabola @ Feb. 19 2002,14:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">CHINA vs TAIWAN+USA

MYANMAR + CHINA vs UN (US+BRITISH)<span id='postcolor'>

These are the best ideas i've seen yet. I second all of them.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ Feb. 19 2002,19:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Icabola @ Feb. 19 2002,14:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">CHINA vs TAIWAN+USA

MYANMAR + CHINA vs UN (US+BRITISH)<span id='postcolor'>

These are the best ideas i've seen yet. I second all of them.<span id='postcolor'>

Yea, that would take a lot of time.

Modern-day weapons+tactics with a fictional scenario.

How about for OFP2 we leave the Russians alone for once? Don't you guys think they have had their butts kicked enough? wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">CHINA vs TAIWAN+USA

<span id='postcolor'>

I find a scenario involving China alot more plausable than a scenario involving Russia. At least for the next 10 or so years.

Maybe BIS could creat three fictional islands in the yellow sea? Or just base the whole thing around Taiwan?

To be honest, I think any other war scenario in the past 20 years would be basically very similar to what we have in OPF.

I think if they used some more CQC style scenarios in the next game, that would be awesome. So far all the scenarios have been in large outdoor battlefields.

I mean shooting a Chinese soldier wouln't be all that different from shooting a Soviet soldier or Russian soldier.

I think in a new sequel, they would need to make the battles either entirely different or do something dramatic.

Not just do another country. I mean that's what mods are for.

They should add animals as suggested by an earlier post. Maybe they should do some thing very different. Like another era. Like in the colonial days. With horses and muskets, and cannons, and stuff.

If nothing else, just improve the "spec op" aspect of the game and add more CQC scenarios and more to do with the water. Like hiding underwater or amphibious assualts.

I'm tired of WWII, there are so many games with a WWII theme and it's starting to get alittle saturated.

A REALISTIC infantry combat simulator of world war 2 would be excellent, and this time maybe the JAPANESE front, I am tried of fighting the Third Reich all the time in every game.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ Feb. 19 2002,23:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">To be honest, I think any other war scenario in the past 20 years would be basically very similar to what we have in OPF.

I think if they used some more CQC style scenarios in the next game, that would be awesome.  So far all the scenarios have been in large outdoor battlefields.        

I mean shooting a Chinese soldier wouln't be all that different from shooting a Soviet soldier or Russian soldier.

I think in a new sequel, they would need to make the battles either entirely different or do something dramatic.  

Not just do another country.  I mean that's what mods are for.  

They should add animals as suggested by an earlier post.  Maybe they should do some thing very different.  Like another era.    Like in the colonial days.  With horses and muskets, and cannons, and stuff.

If nothing else, just improve the "spec op" aspect of the game and add more CQC scenarios and more to do with the water.  Like hiding underwater or amphibious assualts.<span id='postcolor'>

You mean a Chinese soldier shooting a NATO soldier?