Sign in to follow this  
Spokesperson

Pingflation

pingtf8.jpg

Pingflation! That's ok with me but maybe not. I think I know what new thing it is. Still old but not very recent sad_o.gif

500 000 Ping and someone is a millionaire even. Good for them or what.

Looks like a normal evening on a normal Russian server.

Looks like a normal evening on a normal Russian server.

Indeed wink_o.gif

Wrong, the server is actually from my clan and stands in Düsseldorf Germany. We havn't sorted out the issue yet, but i can assure you it doesnt affect gameplay. gUNd0g whom you can see on the picture lives in Düsseldorf and his ping while playing never exceeds 10 ms.

This problem occurs only in the lobby. While playing you will notice that there aren't any problems at all.

If you don't believe me, search for the LLBrig31 - Public Server smile_o.gif

Wrong, the server is actually from my clan and stands in Düsseldorf Germany.

Must be the ping in its metric measurement rofl.gif

Note that there are unusually many doubles 11 etc and that the same numbers appear per line a bit too much to be random for most ms's.

That also happens sometimes when testing MP missions on a dedicated server at home (dedicated an ArmA on the same machine).

It must be some weird calculation error that causes those numbers. One guy there has 1771 seconds (almost 30 minutes) latency. rofl.gif

WOW!!! i am connecting servers from half of a plante away and never get this kind of ping, this must be one of the ArmA 7 wonder of 2007! rofl.gif

I've seen this problem before, was in a clan with this problem in fact. However the only way to fix this that we found was to restart the dedi but the problem would still come back but not for a while at least. They never fully solved the problem, just changed provider and that got rid of the problem.

Not sure who your with though.

The Server must be using an Atari 2600 as a Router with a Hamster Wheel connected to a Bike Light Generator for Power.

Either Feed the Hamster some more or change the sprocket of the Hamster Wheel to a smaller on so you can increase torque. This should improve the connection.

rofl.gif