Sign in to follow this  
spetznaz14

Anyone in XP without the "fog/haze"?

I have an 8800 GTX and see no fog even remotely close to me. But I do see it on the horizon. Could care less if it is on the horizon. Thats a pretty freaking far distance from me. lol

Screenshot?. Not getting at you just fed up with people saying like "oh its ok for me" or "no fog here" but not actually showing the proof.

Hi all,

Just to announce that i have the same problem of fog with ati 2900xt.

e6600

vista 32

driver ati 7.5

Arma 1.08

it is not right the 8800 which has this problem

good luck BI wink_o.gif

@++

testfog2ix7.jpg

i like it, nowt wrong with lolm we cant have everything lol.

I happen to have two systems as follows:

System #1

Opteron 175

2GB RAM

EVGA 8800GTS 640MB (driver 106.3)

WinXP SP2 (up-to-date)

Armed Assault (1.08)

System #2

A64 3500+

2GB RAM

ATI X1900XT 512MB (driver 7.5 w/ hotfix)

WinXP SP2 (up-to-date)

Armed Assault (1.08)

I believe I've seen the fog much worse on the NVidia system, but I'll take some comparison screenshots tonight and post them for everyone else to judge.

-BlueTip

Thanks for that Lee think that clears it up, we are not talking about the distant fog on the horizon of course the view distance needs to end somewhere or we all get 0 fps, its the blanket fog that is thicker on the 8800 series cards, now until I see someone with an 8800 actually show a screeny without this effect then I can only assume they are thinking that the improvement from early versions (where you would have seen like 1/3 of the island) is a total fix which it isn't.

I happen to have two systems as follows:

System #1

Opteron 175

2GB RAM

EVGA 8800GTS 640MB (driver 106.3)

WinXP SP2 (up-to-date)

Armed Assault (1.08)

System #2

A64 3500+

2GB RAM

ATI X1900XT 512MB (driver 7.5 w/ hotfix)

WinXP SP2 (up-to-date)

Armed Assault (1.08)

I believe I've seen the fog much worse on the NVidia system, but I'll take some comparison screenshots tonight and post them for everyone else to judge.

-BlueTip

And here's the comparison at identical low settings 1650x1050.

ATI X1950XT 512MB

ati1.JPG

EVGA 8800GTS 640MB

nvidia1.JPG

I'll post a screen shot later. But suffice it to say, flying around in a harrier I can't see the ground more than 1.5km away, which kinda makes navigating tricky sad_o.gif

Gonna fiddle around with settings and drivers to see if I can iron out the problem

I'll post a screen shot later. But suffice it to say, flying around in a harrier I can't see the ground more than 1.5km away, which kinda makes navigating tricky sad_o.gif

Gonna fiddle around with settings and drivers to see if I can iron out the problem

I think you'll be wasting your time mate, I've tried about 4-5 drivers and lots of settings with no joy...

I'm just reporting this in bug tracker as it does not seem to be in there and it really is a bug I guess?.

I'm just reporting this in bug tracker as it does not seem to be in there and it really is a bug I guess?.

As an admin of servers that uses PunkSbusted for other games, we examine screenshots for wallhacks, retlock,,,ect ect.

In the Battlefield 2 series of games, several get accused of the "no fog cheat" with similar screenshots I see posted.

This does need corrected somehow, but who to ask?

I just upgraded from 2 X 7900GT's in SLi to 1 - 8800GTX. The FIRST thing i noticed when i fired up a test map was, whoa... there's a foggy haze now! While playing on version 1.08 with the 7900's, i could see the full set view distance pretty clearly. With 1.08 and the 8800GTX, its like there is a bad ozone fog or pollution in the air. I can still see far, but not nearly as clear. Its something I hope BIS continues to address.

what i dont understand is that, i tried the 1.05 beta patch and the fog issue was resolved for me...now im back to where i started...when i move the vd slider path 1000, i notice not other objects on the horizon, so i would say i am capped at 1000 for now.

i just dont get it...i hate regressions in software.

I can only confirm this problem. And for me it is more annoying because it makes almost impossible to see the target at 600-700 m (VD set to 2500m!wink_o.gif when sitting in a tank as a shooter! And tell me what is a 700 m for a tank optic - its nothing! And all what i can see is that milky fu..ing fog. The next what happens is that I get 3 rounds, exactly placed at me, from enemy tank which I don't see.

Also when flying Harrier, I can't see anything on the ground when I am higher than 200 m above it! It's ridiculous!

And I don't have that kind of "fog" effect in any game I have (Stalker, TDU, FEAR, Toca2, NFS, etc...) Blaming for that Nvidia (as I could read in one of bugcheck topics) and their drivers is unacceptable, because we are talking about graphic cards which are at the market from November last year. So who's work is that to make the game running fine - mine, I mean customers!? I have to talk with Nvidia why this or that don't work with this game!? Stop kidding me...

i have changed my sys now from amd x2 3800 - gf7800gs with 512mb and 2gb ram and evrything was fine- no fog (haze?) @viewdistance of 10000.

now i have a c2d 6600 with gf 8800gts 320MB and what do u think? there is the londonfog. performance is superb and the game looks better now.

is there any solution to get this damn haze, fog out of this game? banghead.gif

i have changed my sys now from amd x2 3800 - gf7800gs with 512mb and 2gb ram and evrything was fine- no fog (haze?) @viewdistance of 10000.

now i have a c2d 6600 with gf 8800gts 320MB and what do u think? there is the londonfog. performance is superb and the game looks better now.

is there any solution to get this damn haze, fog out of this game? banghead.gif

I've submitted it in bugtracker but it still says "new", I really hope they are not just ignoring this problem.

Any news on the fog problem?

What about the screenshots with the extremly high viewdistances? Will they become reality for us?

Thx.

MfG Lee

Any news on the fog problem?

What about the screenshots with the extremly high viewdistances? Will they become reality for us?

Thx.

MfG Lee

Think they are ignoring it, I have not played Arma properly in about 3 months now. I'll try the next patch when its out but at this point I doubt its going to change, looks like Arma is a game that will just bypass me, they really should have released this game much later than they did.

confused_o.gif

i have an nvidia 8800 gtx, i also have view distantce at maximum. do you want to see a screenshot?

i dont know how to post it

i have an nvidia 8800 gtx, i also have view distantce at maximum. do you want to see a screenshot?

i dont know how to post it

You mean you dont have that white haze?. I just upload screenshots to my isp webspace.