Sign in to follow this  
gL33k

SecuROM problem - Error 7001

I don't have any emulation software, so I shouldn't have to mess around with my registry. Now are the devs going to do something about this or not?

You just don't want get it.

The "Devs" did already all they could.

Maruk posted you the official statement from

the responsibles for Securom problems - SECUROM.

Since you don't want to mess around with your registry,

and by looking at the games you play, you will soon need

to find a hobby (not on your pc). wink_o.gif

~S~ CD

if you mean that securom is responsible of securom implementation in arma game , you are right...

...but only in face of BI team. not me. I'm nothing to do with securom. i never buy any of their product. i have no contract with them.

If securom implementation failed somewhere in my game "armed assault" , then , Bohemia should resolve my problem.... not securom.

Can someone please please, post a step by step guide?..

all for a noob In trouble...

Many Thanks!

huh.gif

1. Click on START (Bottom Left of Screen)

2. Click on RUN

3. Type REGEDIT then press enter

** In the Registry Editor **

4. Click the + symbol next to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder

5. Click the + symbol next to the SYSTEM folder

6. Highlight MountedDevices

7. Navigate to the right hand side and highlight the entry you wish to delete.

8. Right click the entry and select DELETE.

As said earlier in the thread, it may be worthwhile just removing the BLUE entries that start with \??\ first.

Once you have removed the entries close down REGEDIT and REBOOT - You know how to do that right ? wink_o.gif

Try running the game...

if you mean that securom is responsible of securom implementation in arma game , you are right...

...but only in face of BI team. not me. I'm nothing to do with securom. i never buy any of their product. i have no contract with them.

If securom implementation failed somewhere in my game "armed assault" , then , Bohemia should resolve my problem.... not securom.

Funny, how bullshit is making propaganda these days. icon_rolleyes.gif

So you bought your game from BIS?

Strange - everybody else seem to have bought it from

it's publisher - may it be Morphicon, 505, Atari etc.

What a pain in the a**e that you know who is the developer

of the game you bought, but the contract you made,

has been made with you and your publisher.

Slowly but continuesly i start believing that to support a

comunity too much is rather a step into the wrong direction

than forward.

If you go into a supermarket and you get bad eggs and sick

of them, to who you will complain?

To the farmer who's chicken made these eggs, or to the

responsibles in the supermarket. welcome.gif

~S~ CD

I did what Maruk suggested and deleted all mounted devices,rebooted my PC and still no joy here.Arma.exe starts for a few seconds my drive spins a little and than arma.exe closed without any confirmation or error message.

I emailed serure rom about this but no response.

Any way in the future if I shall be forced to do any kind of hacking, hardware disabling or registry messing,I won't support any games using this kind of protection no matter who developed it or published.No flaming about this but all sides are responsible about games not working at consumers PC.Developer should advice publisher and avoid any issues about protection if their product is not working any more.The excuse is not really nice if you say "you now I made this car but I didn't sell it to you so go and burn your dealer".Dealer didn't give me a warranty it was you the manufacturer who did.So please resolve this so I can dedicate to gaming only not troubleshouting as it comes more and more with your product in any way.

I did what Maruk suggested and deleted all mounted devices,rebooted my PC and still no joy here.Arma.exe starts for a few seconds my drive spins a little and than arma.exe closed without any confirmation or error message.

Any way in the future if I shall be forced to do any kind of hacking, hardware disabling or registry messing,I won't support any games using this kind of protection no matter who developed it or published.No flaming about this but all sides are responsible about games not working at consumers PC.Developer should advice publisher and avoid any issues about protection if their product is not working any more.The excuse is not really nice if you say "you now I made this car but I didn't sell it to you so go and burn your dealer".Dealer didn't give me a warranty it was you the manufacturer who did.So please resolve this so I can dedicate to gaming only not troubleshouting as it comes more and more with your product in any way.

Well but the problem is:

The developer has in no way any influence on the decision

being made by their customers of which copy protection

they are going to use.

The publisher says: 'Securom' and it will be Securom.

The developer could say: 'but..'

And the publisher could jump in: 'sh*t up you got your money

everything else is not your problem'.

Now the developer is still trying to help the customers of

their customers and all they get back from it is being bashed

down to poor development. icon_rolleyes.gif

~S~ CD

hi,

Not sure if this is the same problem but this is a qoute from troubleshooting thread which suggests the problem came from an xp update?

If it's a different problem just ignore xmas_o.gif

imustkill

Quote[/b] ]This post is regarding those with problems launching the game. I contacted SecuRom support and this was their response.

Hello.

Thank you for your e-mail. Do you have a Windows update called 'KB917422'installed on your computer? I ask this because there is a software conflict with this update and the ability to either play your game and/or create an analysis file.

To check to see if you have this update installed, go to:

1. "My Computer", and open C:\ drive

2. Within C:\ drive, open "Windows"

3. Under 'System Tasks' (in blue bar at left), click on "Add/Remove Programs"

4. Search for this update.

If you find that you have this 'KB917422' update installed, Microsoft has now released a new update called 'KB924867' (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924867) that fixes this problem. Please download this update and your game will work fine.

Now this solution did NOT work for me. However perhaps somebody else will have some more luck.

Yeah, this is a pleasant friggin thing. Now it seems to have violated my firewall, it's refusing to load. Hopefully a reset will fix this, but while I appreciate the attempt to help, I'm not a big fan of how all these fixes that we're finding seem to risk more than they benefit. Dammit, Securerom, fix your own errors. sad_o.gif

@Cris Death

Sure it's not theirs problem it's our problem, so we are the one who are getting their asses rich.

So why than BIS don't get us NOCD and we can play fine without this headaches.

Also it works on your PC so you can avoid this discussion Cris and stop protecting our rights in way you do now.Go and congratulate Atari on their great publishment.

@Cris Death

Sure it's not theirs problem it's our problem, so we are the one who are getting their asses rich.

Because the publisher would then send their lawyers

to the developer - and win on court without appearance.

Ah and the developer would have made his last contract

with any publisher.

Better think before posting. icon_rolleyes.gif

~S~ CD

I see you witnessed their agreement, c'mon don't reply any more here go to Atari and reply there.

I see you witnessed their agreement, c'mon  don't reply any more here go to Atari and reply there.

huh.gif

Why the heck i should reply to Atari?

I'm just not loosing my orientation and am still

thinking clear and logical (other as you).

Do you really think a developer would hack his

own game to sabotate the publishers who are

the only ones having contracts with them?

~S~ CD

Your orientation is just fine because it works on your PC.

Many others are affected including myself so leave us complaining here until it's solved.We don't need any lawyers here or smartasses to give us some crap.

BIS get us proper fix so we can conclude this thread.

We don't need any lawyers here or smartasses to give us some crap.

Why you then post here?

~S~ CD

MadDog, try not rebooting. I've found that when I delete the mounted devices, and do not reboot, it works. As soon as they reform themselves, the problem returns.

The best solution I can suggest under these circumstances is that you export the files to a folder, delete them, run Arma, then import them when you are done.

1. Click on START (Bottom Left of Screen)

2. Click on RUN

3. Type REGEDIT then press enter

** In the Registry Editor **

4. Click the + symbol next to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder

5. Click the + symbol next to the SYSTEM folder

6. Highlight MountedDevices

7. Navigate to the right hand side and highlight the entry you wish to delete.

8. Right click the entry and select DELETE.

As said earlier in the thread, it may be worthwhile just removing the BLUE entries that start with \??\ first.

Once you have removed the entries close down REGEDIT and REBOOT - You know how to do that right ? wink_o.gif

Try running the game...

This fix worked for my no starting game issue. So thank you.

Thanks Shalashaska,

but no rebooting didn't work also.

All mounted devices are erased with all drives,and still arma don't wanna start.

Try disabling any image mounting software that might be running in the background?

Reg fix worked for me. Bit of a pain since my networked drive letters changed too..

Clearly an issue with Securom, not ArmA.

Try disabling any image mounting software that might be running in the background?

Reg fix worked for me. Bit of a pain since my networked drive letters changed too..

Clearly an issue with Securom, not ArmA.

I don't have any emulation software! And this exact same problem is also affecting the latest version of Command & Conquer 3. EA itself is discouraging people from messing with the registry despite what Securom says, they seem to be trying to work on a solution.

Funny, how bullshit is making propaganda these days. icon_rolleyes.gif

than forward.

responsibles in the supermarket. welcome.gif

~S~ CD

best ... pointless .. post eva !

You know...I sit here reading these posts and I am seriously wondering about the WHOLE PC gaming industry. This game was released in a strange fashion due to to publishing issues....it has under gone a bunch of patching to get it to...at least on my machine with the 107 beta fix version....a pretty enjoyable game....then this fikken patch comes down the pipe!!! I did not do ANYTHING to my system but now I cannot play the 108 version...and somehow that is MY FAULT???....I do not friggen think so. Maruk says its not them...it's Securom....Securom says its not them...its me.....WTF...how the hell did I get to be the bad guy here. I paid for this game.....in it's undeveloped state....or at least it's unfinished/work in progress state and I did not think that the developer would produce a patch that would suddenly disable the game that I PAID FOR!!! Is not the anti piracy thing supposed to protect us who actually BOUGHT the game??? or am I on glue here. Ya... I can go in and hack my registry....but what the hell caused this....that's what I want to know......and what if I hack my registry and the game still does not work then what.....do I get my money back... rofl.gif...I think not. I have played a ton of games...including most of the MMORPG's and there were problems with patchs there as well....but they were fixed very quickly...usually within a day....and usually with some kind of explanation...not just the old point the finger and say "it's your problem dude....if you cannot fix it then I guess you SUCK". Something changed this game from 105 to 108 to the point I cannot play it....and that is NOT MY FAULT...read my lips!!! C'mon Maruk...we need more of an explanation than what you have given here...other than it's tough to be a PC gamer these days.....

No emulation here at all.Uninstalled deamon,nero and related.No luck.

@Cris Death

Because the publisher would then send their lawyers

to the developer - and win on court without appearance.

Ah and the developer would have made his last contract

with any publisher.

Better think before posting. icon_rolleyes.gif

~S~ CD

lol better think before posting definitly ...

first i have to say ive got the same problem ... as i got 2 drives i just switch and it worked (happen the same thing with BF2 one day the popup that launches from dvd told me put the original cd in drive ... rofl.gif

try updating drivers (drive mainboard) and uninstall/reinstall drives in windows

and for arma i put the nocd for 1 day

after i uninstall/install arma 1.0

->1.05

->1.08

all work fine

and for the nocd ...

if you download a game (so it cost you 0$wink_o.gif you put nocd and you play ...

you buy the game cost you 50/60$ and you have troubles you cant play so tell me what is the smartest solution Mr i think before i post ...

people have been in comptuters since ages they made the whole system ... before bis started ofp or before microsoft work on win98....

YOULL NEVER BE ABLE TO PROTECT SOMETHING THERE SINCE MASTERS ARE THERE ... and they can control anything on the web or pc ...

so when you tell me the distributors and his lawyers ... dont they want money from happy people buying their games or not money at all huh.gif

enjoy

Funny, how bullshit is making propaganda these days.  icon_rolleyes.gif  

than forward.

responsibles in the supermarket.  welcome.gif

~S~ CD

best ... pointless .. post  eva !

Oh, oh, I love experts icon_rolleyes.gif

BIS has not contracts with supermarkets or parcel services, they have no CD presses or cover printers.

They do NOT sell the game to users

also they do NOT write copy protections.

they only program the game itself, sell it to an distributer, the distributer buys an copyprotection (or not) put's everything together, makes the CDs and distributes (hence the name "Distributer") it to the stores.

Why in hell should BIS be responsible for Securerom? In some countries there is even a different copy protection for Arma.

Legaly you can't even blame the distributor, as YOU buy it from the shop (take a look at the bill).

If you buy a car and the dealer gives you a Chrismas tree with it, what do you expect from the car manufacturer when you complain to him that the tree is to small?

QuietMan

No emulation here at all.Uninstalled deamon,nero and related.No luck.

So you used to have emulation softwre installed. Best thing is after your clean boot (with no emul installed) is just make sure there are no filesz left behind (run CCLeaner google crap cleaner) and it will delete unused files then maybe try the reg fix.

Again, the reg fix is a suggestion by Securom not BIS as this is a Securom problem getting confused with drive letters etc. It has effected a few games it seems so my guess would be that Securom will stealthfully release a 'fix' at some point in the future depending on the qty of customers effected.

In the mean time you can either try the suggested fix (if it works for you) or uninstall the game and only patch to 1.05 which doesn't appear to display these problems.

Thanks Thr0tt.

No go after cleaning registry.

I appeal to users here,to avoid posting not constructive informations about fixing ongoing problem.

This dev to pub to securerom sh.t is not our concern so please stop this wannabe lawyer thing.Stop protecting BIS at all and stop giving your personal opinions about responsibility.Open a new thread somewhere and make debate about your professions.Only related fixing is welcome.

Only related fixing is welcome.

Well then i appeal to you not to point with your finger into

the wrong direction and present your opinion as facts.

I feel sorry for those who can't run their game but i

can't ignore the bashing onto the developer for problems

he didn't cause.

It's very demotivating and very unconstructive when you

always get blamed for something that's not your fault

but you're still putting lot of effort into fixing things.

plz

Also the suggestion made by Securom is probably to be

seen as a first hotfix for this problem and if it doesn't

work nobody said that there won't follow other attempts.

Maruk already posted what Securom answered him - so your

evil developer already tried to support you in comunication

with the copy protector.

Give them a little time and be patietn but stop hammering

onto the devs since they are the last ones working against

us the ArmA comunity. wink_o.gif

~S~ CD