Sign in to follow this  
Kendo J

SAS Afgahn Dynamic mission

A Dynamic SAS mission with many features such as, Helo insertions and extractions, Artillery, airstrikes, Freindly Royal Marine patrols, Group link 2.

Cat Afghan

http://www.ofpbase.com/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=807

ALL Project UKF addons (except for the warrior pack)

http://www.pukf.net/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=cat1

Black blood UK desert troops

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=8632

Afghan Taliban pack

ftp://www.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/OFPDAfganPack2.rar

The Achitect's

PUMA and Gazelle pack

ftp://www.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/pumagazellepack.zip )

and of course JAM3!

plus editor upgrade 102 or higher...

Overview.....

Take command of a 4 man SAS patrol roaming over Afghanistan taking fixed objectives, destroying ammo dumps and assasinating taliban leaders.

BY

Kendo

here it is

http://www.ofpec.com/index.p....29494.0

...addon links work

but this "mission"-link at the bottom?

at OFPEC mission index only mission "Operation Overlord" shown by search. confused_o.gif

I found the link to Kendo's mission.

http://www.ofpec.com/index.p....29494.0

I've only played the first mission so far. It's pretty good. I like when you go to capture the town and you clear it and a few minutes later a bunch of Royal marines come. Im going back to finsh some missions later. No Bugs yet.

Also Kendo are you planning to make any more dynamic missions? If so can you make it about US special forces? Using HYK's ACU's and having tank support and apaches? Those are the 3 things that haven't really been done in dynamic missions. Also the Afghanistan setting is the best.

Peace.

I will think about it.... I really like the HYK units and have been meaning to use them for a while... However, I am making some Falklands missions.... get back to you on this one...

Maybe I could be persuaded to make a copy of this mission replacing all the units with HYK ACU units but this also means a simple yet lengthy rewrite of the basic scripts that equip weapons etc. I.e. I will have to change all the mags and gun names.

I use my equip script cos I am never satisifed with the defult loadouts.

Regards

Kendo

p.s.

Mission link updated

p.p.s

PVT killer, the RM patrols are also randomised (like enemy) in thier patrol patterns so sometimes they take only a short time to get to the first objective sometimes longer.... occasionally not at all if they get ambushed which happens to quite a few of the squads mainly the sniper squad (Foxtrot Green)

ALSO... this mission is not quite finnished. I will be changing a few little things in the script. At the moment the individual missions load while you at base but the main enemy patrols load when you insert. This will be changed so that all missions are consolidated into the main script controlling enemy spawns and it will all load when you insert.

ALSO AGAIN... there are only 4 missions so far and only two possible different location for each (excpet the first is always the same) I will be updating this to 6 missions or more if I can be bothered! but not untill I finnish my Falklands missions.

One thing to fix the mission with which could take about a minute is to raise your squad mates skill levels. The 1st mission is alot more diffucult then it should be when not using Air support. It seems like your teammates only engage at about 200 feet even when the enemy is returning fire. I'd like to be able to wait in a hill side or use the rocks as cover. But they can't fire back. So either im to close and the enemy can engage me and hit me with the RPG's or Grenade launchers or kill my squad members. Or I'm forced to snipe back and only be able to return fire by myself thus making it so the enemy leaves the area. And It's hard to find them and clear them.

Also you might want to speed up the RMC coming in the first mission because it takes about 5 minutes for them to come and about an extra 10 minutes for them to crosspaths and for you to be able to go and get a new objective. Meaning alot of standing in one spot after killing all enemys and just waiting knowing the enemy won't strike back.

the team mates are at full skill... the 200 metre this is to do with the weapon configs and the flashpoint engine. give them a sniper rifle and they engage at longer range

on the first objective due to the randomness the enemy sometimes counter attack this is why it takes time waiting in the settlement to complete the mission. remember it is take and hold not just a take mission. the RM's will continuosly patrol that area even when you are not on that objective

Kendo

whats the problem? what do you mean by "I don't see the mission?"?

it is there at the bottom of my post... if you can't download it you may have to log on to ofpec.com, if you are not a member you will have to register at ofpec.com

otherwise buy some glasses... or some NVgoggles

Regards

Kendo

Okie Dokie. Download mission from here or Ofpec. You need to be logged in as an Ofpec member. If you are not a member there is no excuse it is probably the best OFP site (apart from this one) around.

when you have the mission on your hard drive uncompress it and move the file into your Missions directory.

Open OFP go to single missions and play it...

"EASY AS PIE!"

"Easy as pie?", what ever that means cos pies are not easy to make I always have problems with short crust pastry. warm hands for bread, cold hands for pastry. when you have made the pastry do not cut too much off in your pie dish cos it will shrink and your top won't stay on. When blind baking it always bubbles up even if you put baking beans on it. the air pockets collaspe when you put the filling in. the filling seeps into the air pockets and through the bottom of your pastry then you have a soggy pie that sticks to the bottom of the dish.

Don't get me started on Filo pastry thats a pain in the arse!