Sign in to follow this  
Universel

Sound volume setting doesnt work.

Hello,

am I the only one experiencing this very annoying bug ? :

I cannot set the volume level in the Audio Options menu ingame.

I mean moving slider left or right has absolutely no audible effect on the sound volume. Only if slider is set to the left the sound is off, but if I move it one mm right the sound starts full volume (aka the volume set in Windows).

So every time I play Arma I have to alt tab and go mess with the Windows Volume panel so as I can hear anything/dont tear my eardrums...

Audigy 2 and 1.07b2 patch.

I wish I could report this on BTS but it seems down for now.

Try disabling the "Use hardware acceleration" option. I had the same problem and this fixed it for me.

I dont want to disable Hardware Acceleration or EAX, cuz the sound is better when they are enabled. I got the last drivers for OpenAl and my Audigy 2.

I am pretty sure this bug was brought by the beta patch.

Well, don't mean to insult you ... but stop using the beta patch until it works? smile_o.gif

On my old system, it has the same issue as the topic starter (can't notice slider changes), but going back into the game after making adjustments..they were noticeable.

On this new system, onboard 8-1 sound, and Vista (even though it supposedly doesn't use EAX), if I disable it, I can hear an alien fart from Mars.

I would be constantly looking towards the sky if any Helo's are flying anywhere.

US hard copy, with both patches installed.