Sign in to follow this  
pt_v1p3r

Uniforms

Hi all, i've search a while but i didn't find mutch info on this subject, so i've decide to ask all the 2d/3d artists guru's out there.

I know how to do the face for ArmA, but i would like to know how to customize uniform and arm patch, my goal is to customize the face, squad logo, uniforms and arm patch.

Got 2 out of 4 goals eheheheh ... but i really would like to know how to change the rest, can anyone please give me some pointers ?

Is it some forum bug, or did you actually steal my avatar?  pistols.gif

Regarding your question; you have to UnPBO the unit who's uniform you'd like to modify (Use EXTRACT, rightclicking on the .pbo of your choice in your addons folder). Open the texture file (extension .paa -> can be done with Photoshop, but remember to download a .paa plugin for Photoshop)

and there you go; you can modify the textures, apply layers, changwe colours etc, save the file under original name and extension .paa and then use Kegetys PBO to pack it again.

Is it some forum bug, or did you actually steal my avatar?  pistols.gif

Regarding your question; you have to UnPBO the unit who's uniform you'd like to modify (Use EXTRACT, rightclicking on the .pbo of your choice  in your addons folder). Open the texture file (extension .paa -> can be done with Photoshop, but remember to download a .paa plugin for Photoshop)

and there you go; you can modify the textures, apply layers, changwe colours etc, save the file under original name and extension .paa and then use Kegetys PBO to pack it again.

eheh nope sorry you are right, but this is avaiable to choose from in avatars .. this was the one i liked most biggrin_o.gif ..

.. Thanks for the info on that .. but after editing the PBO as you say, can i just upload that PBO to the dedi server a everyone will be able to use those 'modified' uniforms ??

eheh nope sorry you are right, but this is avaiable to choose from in avatars .. this was the one i liked most  biggrin_o.gif ..

..  Thanks for the info on that .. but after editing the PBO as you say, can i just upload that PBO to the dedi server a everyone will be able to use those 'modified' uniforms ??

The edited pbo will only replace the unit you have edidet and change its skin, being just a retexture. To make it independent you'll have to ask someone to make it a stand-alone addon (which requires scripting etc.)

PS; glad you like it, will have to get used to seeing my own face in other posts then. (BTW; it's an eagle without crown, Polish National Emblem till 1989) wink_o.gif

cheers

oh my god.. what a mess up here.. tounge2.gif

i tought a nice change of avatar would be nice ^^

I won;t change mine; made it myself, won't let it go easily wink_o.gif

I won;t change mine; made it myself, won't let it go easily  wink_o.gif

eheheh Problem solved notworthy.gif

ooo...That's a nice one smile_o.gif bom trabalhar amigo biggrin_o.gif

ooo...That's a nice one  smile_o.gif bom trabalhar amigo  biggrin_o.gif

eheh Thank's biggrin_o.gif Obrigado wink_o.gif

Offtopic:

Is this a Portuguese meeting? smile_o.gif

/offtopic

Offtopic:

Is this a Portuguese meeting? smile_o.gif

/offtopic

ehehehehhe .... Portugal rulez hihihihiih

Topas es tuga?

This forum is full of Portuguese people amazing biggrin_o.gif

hehe

No, I'm Polish.

(translated it online; sorry if misspelled) - from time to time I try to be polite and use the language of other users' that's it wink_o.gif

Hi!

I think i saw here somewhere, that in patch 1.07 the logo that appears in vehicles also show as a armpatch on the uniforms.

PS: Mais um tuga aqui  biggrin_o.gif