Sign in to follow this  
Billabong81

The Gerald Ford Presidential Topic

408px-Gerald_Ford.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Gerald Rudolph Ford, Jr. (July 14, 1913 – December 26, 2006) was the 38th President (1974–1977), and 40th Vice President (1973–1974) of the United States. Ford was the first person appointed to the vice presidency under the terms of the 25th Amendment. Upon succession to the presidency, Ford became the only person to hold that office without having been elected either President or Vice President. Prior to 1973, he served for over eight years as the Republican Minority Leader of the House of Representatives; he was first elected to Congress in 1948 from Michigan's 5th congressional district.

In foreign policy, the Helsinki Accords marked a move toward detente in the Cold War, even as the former ally South Vietnam was invaded and conquered by North Vietnam; Ford did not intervene, but did help extract friends of the U.S. At home, the economy suffered from inflation and recession. Ford came under intense criticism for granting a preemptive pardon to President Richard Nixon for his role in the Watergate scandal. In 1976, Ford narrowly defeated Ronald Reagan for the Republican nomination, but ultimately lost the general election to Democrat Jimmy Carter.

In my opinion, Gerald R. Ford was one of America's greatest presidents of all time. He is better than Washington in my honest opinion! He played football at the University of Michigan. The man was a wolverine! Crazy how his last name is Ford and he went to college in Michigan (Detroit anyone?).

Anyone got any Ford stories they would like to share with the rest of us?

14 views and 0 posts, that has to say something about the topics you start.

Too OT for OT?

Quote[/b] ]"Anyone got any Ford stories they would like to share with the rest of us? "

It's as if the retard fairy came down and zapped you with her magic retard wand. icon_rolleyes.gif

I concur. This post is rather pointless.

Abs

It's as if the retard fairy came down and zapped you with her magic retard wand. icon_rolleyes.gif

Mate, it is not my fault you are Canadian. Take all your hate out on Canada, not me! biggrin_o.gif

lol, what a pointless thread.

Imagine if all people here would start a thread about a person they had a crush on wink_o.gif?

It would be anarchy!

Quote[/b] ]"Anyone got any Ford stories they would like to share with the rest of us? "

I have a Ford. It runs goood! I love Ford!...

If you guys don't have anything to add to his discussion please do not read it or post in it.

No one made you read this thread. So you have absolutely no right what so ever to trash it. As a matter of fact just stay away.

Maybe people should invade your threads and bitch and complaign and ask for them to be closed.