Sign in to follow this  
multikiller

Runway won't get higher

Hi there,

i'm building my own base somewhere in the north of the island,

and now i'm building the runway, but i got a problem:

i want to get the runway some higher cause when i place it now, you almost won't see it cause of the grass.

but when i place in the init line:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setPos [ getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, (getPos this select 2) +1]

the runway won't go higher but it moves in a direction but the height is still the same?

Does some1 know how to get the runway placed some higher?

(sorry for my poor english)

Try using this instead.

this setpos [(getpos this select 0),(getpos this select 1), 1]

Edit: The last number is what determines the hieght of an object, I'm not 100% clear on exactly what your doing but if its an object this should work.

Try using this instead.

this setpos [(getpos this select 0),(getpos this select 1), 1]

Edit: The last number is what determines the hieght of an object, I'm not 100% clear on exactly what your doing but if its an object this should work.

i tried it, but doesn't work sad_o.gif

try it yourself!

you can find it here: empty -> street -> runway

if i put in the code it doesn't move in height but it moves to the north

Strange, I'm afraid I have no more suggestions but I'm sure someone will be along soon to help.

Moving.

multikiller

Empty>Street>Runway?

I don't have that in my ArmA installation, are you using a mod?

I'm thinking that some object are just supposed to be on the ground? like runways aren't usually hovering above ground.

multikiller

Empty>Street>Runway?

I don't have that in my ArmA installation, are you using a mod?

I'm thinking that some object are just supposed to be on the ground? like runways aren't usually hovering above ground.

lol, no i think you are right about that!

yes i'm using mods,

dunno exactly wich mod it was (mapfact or 6thsense or another mod).

still thanks for the help!

There is a topic covering this on here somewhere.

The Z axis for the setpos command doesn't work in ArmA. X and Y work but not the Z. Im not sure why things in ArmA were made so difficult.

Quote[/b] ]the runway won't go higher but it moves in a direction but the height is still the same?

It's designed to map itself to the terrain, so you won't be able to raise it off the ground.

Quote[/b] ]i want to get the runway some higher cause when i place it now, you almost won't see it cause of the grass.

Place clutter cutters around the grassy areas you want cleared. You will find them in the same Addon your using for the Runways.

Quote[/b] ]The Z axis for the setpos command doesn't work in ArmA.

It does work, but not for roadway objects. I think the thread you mentioned is about setposing static buildings in MP. Which makes a lot of sense from a networking point of view.

I have used the Z for small objects and it worked but Ive tried it with vehicles and it didnt. I there a way to make that work?

I have used the Z for small objects and it worked but Ive tried it with vehicles and it didnt. I there a way to make that work?

with what vehicles? Cars?  crazy_o.gif

did you try to set them to "FLY"?

(don't ask me where to set this, I can just hardly remember reading about it in a former OFP live tounge2.gif )

if it works with small objects, try to place a samll object below the vehicle to keep it in the air whistle.gif

QuietMan

It works for vehicles, but remember vehicles aren't static, so if there's nothing under them to support them or if they're colliding with something after you change their height, they will move.

Well I tried the Z to put a car under the ground. Didn't work. What spurd the ignorant Idea was you cant destroy the UH-60 wreck and I need that to be an objective so I was going to hide a vehicle under it so when a satchel blew it would toss the car and give me a fire for the wreck.

Well I tried the Z to put a car under the ground. Didn't work. What spurd the ignorant Idea was you cant destroy the UH-60 wreck and I need that to be an objective so I was going to hide a vehicle under it so when a satchel blew it would toss the car and give me a fire for the wreck.

You can't put vehicles underground because they will bounce back up (due to collision with the ground) and won't stay there anyway. I mean imagine what would happen if vehicles could clip through the ground (driving them wouldn't be very much use). Only static objects are exempt from such physics.

Quote[/b] ]i want to get the runway some higher cause when i place it now, you almost won't see it cause of the grass.

Place clutter cutters around the grassy areas you want cleared. You will find them in the same Addon your using for the Runways.

could you tell me where i can find that Clutter Cutter?