Sign in to follow this  
ColonelSandersLite

Replacement Pack -Jonny´s Marines

This pack lets you replace the BIS BLUFOR Infantry with Jonny´s Marines.

See below for complete details.

Compatibility:

The unit replacement pack itself has only been tested on V1.05 german and

V1.07 beta german. It should work on any later version.

The unit replacement pack is compatible with FDF sounds and thepredators

modern warfare mod (sound only). For compatibility with other replacement

packs, you'll just have to try it and see. This only modifies the models

of the west infantry units, so anything that doesn't modify those should

work with it.

There are multiple install options for package included:

BLUFOR Infantry - Desert Marpat or BLUFOR Infantry - Woodland Marpat

BLUFOR SpecOps - Desert Marpat or BLUFOR SpecOps - Woodland Marpat

You can only use one of the regular infantry packs at any one time.

You can only use one of the specops infantry pacs at any one time.

You can use either regular infantry option with either spec ops option.

You don't have to use both the regular infantry and specops at the same

time.

Multiplayer:

Should work fine as it's purely client side, although it may give a cheat

notice if the server doesn't have it as well.

Home Thread:

This thread wink_o.gif.

Hosting:

You can host this anywhere you want, but if you let me know via PM on the

BIS forums, I'll add a link in the download thread and let you know if I

patch it. I'd also prefer if you included a link back to this thread, as

this is where I'll be posting updates, answering questions etc.

Notes:

This pack deliberatly does not modify anything about the units except for

the models. It will not affect game balance in any way. It is strictly

visual.

When using this pack, you can still place Jonny´s Marines as normal,

and they will have any and all properties associated with them.

If you're using this pack and build a mission, the mission will not

require Jonny´s Marines or this pack to be installed by the end user

unless you place the addon units as stated directly above.

This pack *requires* you download Jonny´s Marines.

The thread for Jonny´s Marines can be found at:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=61001

I can only support my pack itself, not Jonny´s units. Please do not

bug .Jonny for help with this pack.

Installation:

1: Browse to your arma directory (wherever arma.exe is located).

2: Put JOH_CfgMarpat.pbo, JOH_DesMarpat.pbo and JOH_WodMarpat.pbo from

Jonny´s Marines in:

c:\yourArmaDirectory\addons\

3: Put the folder "@CSL_JOH_Marpat_Inf_Replacements" in your arma

directory. Be sure to keep folder structures intact.

4: Inside the "@CSL_JOH_Marpat_Inf_Replacements" folder is an addons

folder, and inside this is a folder called "disabled". Move the mod(s)

you want to use out of the disabled folder into the addon folder

containing it.

You can only use one of the regular infantry packs at any one time.

You can only use one of the specops infantry pacs at any one time.

You can use either regular infantry option with either spec ops option.

You don't have to use both the regular infantry and specops at the same

time.

If you ever wish to disable a mod without disabling all of them, move it

back into the disabled folder.

5: Create a new shortcut to arma, or modify your existing shortcut.

6: In the target box add:

-mod=@CSL_JOH_Marpat_Inf_Replacements

If you already have a mod, running using the mod switch, seperate your mod

options with a semi colon. Do no use multiple -mod commands. For

example:

-mod=@ModWarSound;@CSL_JOH_Marpat_Inf_Replacements

Your target line should look something like this, depending on the options

you have enabled:

C:\games\arma\arma.exe -nosplash -mod=@ModWarSound;@CSL_JOH_Marpat_Inf_Replacements

7: (Optional) Put the contents of the test mission folder in your arma

user missions directory. When running this test mission in the mission

editor, you should turn markers on in the editor.

Version History:

V1.1:

Fixed a bug that made it require CameronMcDonald's 1st infantry dvision

addon, even though nothing from his addon was being used.

V1.0:

Release

License:

Unlimited rights (including editing and rereleasing) so long as it's non-

commercial and adheres to the BIS terms of use. Any derivative work

cannot be more restrictive than this with respect to what rights an end

user has.

If you wish to use Jonny´s Marines in any way, you must conform to *his*

requirements.

Download:

Armaholic Download (Thanks for the space foxhound thumbs-up.gif)

This is perfect! I'm in the USMC DEP, and I couldn't stand the absence of Marines in ArmA. I'm getting a lot of people over from my realism unit in Red Orchestra to setup a helicopter-infantry USMC unit. The only other obstacle is having someone model a CH-53E. That would make my day.

Has anyone tested this on the US version of the game?

I can't get this to work online, it works in the editor but thats about it. Im trying to get it to work with Ebuds SF as well.

Shortcut is:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CSL_EBU_US_SF_DESERT_REPLACEMENTS;@JOH_MARINES

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\@CSL_EBU_US_SF_DESERT_REPLACEMENTS\Addons

In the above folder I put the CSL_EBU_US_SF_DESERT_REPLACEMENTS.pbo and ebu_soco1.pbo

I also tried moving the JOH_DesMarpat.pbo to the ArmA/AddOns folder to no avail.

What am I doing wrong?

@-Gus-

CSL_EBU_US_SF_WOODLAND_REPLACEMENTS.pbo in:

c:\yourarmadirectory\@CSL_EBU_US_SF_WOODLAND_REPLACEMENTS\Addons\

remove everything else from that folder

CSL_DESERT_MARPAT_INF_REPLACEMENTS.pbo in:

c:\yourarmadirectory\@CSL_JOH_Marpat_Inf_Replacements\addons\

remove everything else from that folder

ebu_soco1.pbo and

JOH_CfgMarpat.pbo and

JOH_DesMarpat.pbo and

JOH_WodMarpat.pbo in:

c:\yourarmadirectory\addons\

If you have any of my replacement pack stuff in here, remove it.

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CSL_EBU_US_SF_DESERT_REPLACEMENTS;@CSL_JOH_Marpat_Inf_Replacements

It works fine with 1.05 and the 1.07 beta, so it should probably work with 1.06 just fine too.

Nope, still not working. I recieve an error saying:

Addon 'CSL_DESERT_MARPAT_INF_REPLACEMENTS' requires addon 'CMCD_1ID'

Looks like that one may be my fault entirely sad_o.gif. I probably forgot to change the required files in the config.cpp. I'll be looking at it here soon.

If you want a temporary workaround though, grab cameron mcdonalds 1st infantry division addon, and put that in your addons folder. That should fix that error.

Updated V1.1

Fixed a bug that made it require CameronMcDonald's 1st infantry dvision addon, even though nothing from his addon was being used.

If you didn't have a problem with this because you already have CameronMcDonald's 1st infantry, you don't need this update.

If you do need it, the download link has been updated to direct you to the new file.

This is perfect! I'm in the USMC DEP, and I couldn't stand the absence of Marines in ArmA. I'm getting a lot of people over from my realism unit in Red Orchestra to setup a helicopter-infantry USMC unit. The only other obstacle is having someone model a CH-53E. That would make my day.

I thought you said you were a member of the Golani unit in the IDF?

wierd, I have ebud sf and johnnys marines replacements installed, and in 1.07b they work perfect online, but in 1.05 only when I host a game. I've double checked and the command line is identical. and

the replacement PBO's are in my @rep modfolder, and units are in Arma/addons. I dont get any error messages either...

but thanks btw colonel sanders, this is exactly what I was looking for yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

wierd, I have ebud sf and johnnys marines replacements installed, and in 1.07b they work perfect online, but in 1.05 only when I host a game. I've double checked and the command line is identical. and

the replacement PBO's are in my @rep modfolder, and units are in Arma/addons. I dont get any error messages either...

but thanks btw colonel sanders, this is exactly what I was looking for yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif

Yeah doesn't work for me online in 1.05 either, I know I've done everything correct now. I'll give 1.07 a shot later.

That's a little weird.

I'm not so much into mp so I rarely play. If you guys with this problem would do me a favor:

Look in my sig under addons.

Try those and see if this is something common to all of them or just those 2 packs or what.

If just some of them are having problems, then most likely I can figure out what exactly the problem is, like maybe I forgot to define something in a couple of them or some such crap.

If they all have this problem, I would be tempted to not bother to fix it since 1.07 will be released soon enough, and that would solve the problem all together.

I'm also curious if this is a problem on 1.06, so I'd appreciate a test by someone with the american version of the game.

I tried the first 1stinf allso and it had the same prob to my recollection...

Colonel Sanders, thank you so much for these replacement packs but I have to ask for one small favour. Please stop making the names of the folders so long. Can you please shorten them to things like @MarinesRepl or @JonnyMarines or something shorter than @JONNY'S_FRZ_COLONEL_SANDERS_MADE_REPLACEMENT_PACK_COPYWRITE_2007

Unless you're allowed to change the folder name to what you want anyways... (if so, nevertheless, please change it to something shorter so its easier for us all)

artem, just change the folder name to what u want, even better make a mod folder and run all ur addons thru it.

mine is called @rep and it has addon subfolder, where i placed the pbo's i want to use.

then my arma shortcut looks like this arma\arma.exe mod=@rep

I name the that way so I can keep straight what's what when looking at my folders. But, as stated you can rename the folders to whatever you want (maybe I need to start noting this in the readme).

You can also combine folders should you feel the need.

Suppose you want to run jonny's woodland marpat infantry, ebud's woodland spec ops, frozzzens OD opfor infantry frozzzens KLMK spec ops, and my UI mod at the same time. These can all be found in my sig should you be unfamiliar with one or more of them.

1: Install the necessary base addons by their respective authors as required.

2: Create a folder in your arma directory, for the sake of example, lets call it "@Woodland_Replacements". You can really name it whatever you want. As a note, someone started putting the @ in front of mod folders back in the stone age, and I find it to be a good thing to quickly identify if you're looking at a mod folder or not when browsing your arma directory.

3: Put CSL_EBU_US_SF_WOODLAND_REPLACEMENTS.pbo, CSL_EAST_OD_INF.pbo, CSL_KLMK_SPEC_OPS.pbo, CSL_WOODLAND_MARPAT_INF_REPLACEMENTS.pbo, and CSL_UI_MOD.pbo in @Woodland_Replacements\addons\.

4: Use -mod=@Woodland_Replacements in your arma shortcut.

Be carefull you don't put more than one pack that replaces the same thing in the folder like this though. For example, you can't use the ACU infantry replacement pack and the marpat infantry replacement pack at the same time. The reason should be obvious.

I was playing evolution today with 1.5 + replacements, and i think u got some errors in ur code, like I told earlier. This time I saw 1 AI with desert marpat, and all the rest ware default...

I would love to get the reps working in 1.5 too (not many players in 1.07b) smile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

The fact that it works at all means that the code is at least syntaxtually accurate.

You an gus both say that it works in 1.07, but not in 1.05 in mulitplayer when not the host, which means the code is 90% likely to be logically accurate too.

For you non-programmers out there, logical and syntaxtual are the 2 fundamental types of errors. Syntax errors are when you screw up a command or something or make a typeo or some such thing. Logical is when there the code is technically correct, but wrong anyways. For example, a loop that supposed to exit after 10 runs, but never does because you forgot to increment the condition.

Given those 2 facts, I'm inclined to believe that there actually isn't a bug in my pack at all, but a bug in 1.05, that is rectified in either 1.06 or 1.07.

It's possible I'm wrong, and I'll probably do a little looking at it to be sure. I'll just check another mod or 2 to see to it that they work the same.

On the up side, if it is truly just a bug with arma 1.05, the full 1.07 should be released pretty soon.

The fact that it works at all means that the code is at least syntaxtually accurate.

You an gus both say that it works in 1.07, but not in 1.05 in mulitplayer when not the host, which means the code is 90% likely to be logically accurate too.

For you non-programmers out there, logical and syntaxtual are the 2 fundamental types of errors. Syntax errors are when you screw up a command or something or make a typeo or some such thing. Logical is when there the code is technically correct, but wrong anyways. For example, a loop that supposed to exit after 10 runs, but never does because you forgot to increment the condition.

Given those 2 facts, I'm inclined to believe that there actually isn't a bug in my pack at all, but a bug in 1.05, that is rectified in either 1.06 or 1.07.

It's possible I'm wrong, and I'll probably do a little looking at it to be sure. I'll just check another mod or 2 to see to it that they work the same.

On the up side, if it is truly just a bug with arma 1.05, the full 1.07 should be released pretty soon.

ok fair enough, for the 1.07, I dont know if this is in ur hands or the guy who made the units, but It would be cool to have eg. ebud sf's

with the new black helmets from 1.07.

hiya, great addition to the already awesome marines pack. i was wondering though, is anyone else getting the issue where the wound textures dont show up? i am not sure if this is caused by the replacer or not.