Sign in to follow this  
SGT ROCK

Dragonov

It's easier to hit the target with dragunov but m21 is better because of the zoom and because it has 20 rounds.

The dragunov sight is by far better for sniping than the M21, although it doesnt zoom. Im making a manual for it in flash. I would upload it for all to see, but AOL wont let me for some gay reason.

What does the two 10's mean left and right from the target?

And what the hell is a cheveron? is it the ^ sign.

^ 250 m

^ 500 m

^ 750 m

^ 1000 m ?

is that it. I always used the top ^ to aim, and almost never miss

wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Feb. 15 2002,07:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I dunno, I always find I get better hit % using an M21 than SVD...<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, me too. I just judge the elevation needed depending on the distance. I can do it easily with the M21, but not with the Dragonov for some reason confused.gif it just misses

10 |||||| ^ |||||||10

^

2         ^

4   /      ^  

6  /        |  

8  /          |  

10 /           |  

/              |  

First line up feet on the bottom line  ( ____) and where head touches line ( / ), the number is the range.  Each ^ represents 250 from top, so 2nd down = range 500.  Work out range, count cheverons ( ^ ) and voila, dead people.  I dunno what the top lines are.  Probably for windage, but this no matter in OFP.

If you want to find out the range you make an educated guess. Use land marks etc. That's how they do it in reality.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Feb. 15 2002,19:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well how am I supposed to find out the range confused.gif ?<span id='postcolor'>

The sight grid has biasing line to derive range to target from its visible height. Bias is calibrated to measure height of a figure 1,8 m (mean human figure height). You fit grounding line of sight with bottom of silouette of your target and top matches to range curve (i.e. that biased line). You get a range mark (one digit) in hundreds of meters.

In fact, you could (and indeed, should) measure range before engaging. Just find some suitable figure within designated area of fire.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I always used the top ^ to aim, and almost never miss<span id='postcolor'>

Thats probably because you were engaging targets at less than 250m. Further and youmust elevate rifle to compensate for bullet drop due to gravity

None of this seems to adjust for the kick the weapon gives off when it fires.. ?? Does that mean the scope is adjusted for the exact kick the rifle gives off upon firing?

Also, I find with the M21 and Dragunov both that if I just aim a little below my target (adjust for the kick) i usually always hit. I totally forgot about the weight of the bullet dragging it down over a long range. Does that mean OFP does not drag bullets down over long distances?

OFP does calculate the effect of gravity on the bullet...aim at a target around 1000m to see (using the M21 )...the bullet will fall noticeably short (it's at range that the dragunov comes into its own as the markings on the scope are much more helpful than those on the M21).