Sign in to follow this  
Nost

What's The Obsession With Coop?

Dont have problems with coops, and lately i had seen enough DM.... people would start DM on the base in evolution mission  rofl.gif

Don't really see the problem...the way ArmA has changed compared to Ofp this discussion is weird. With such a slow game it is obvious that it's been designed for coop play. In Ofp there was a choise and there was a point of different gametypes, now it's not since the game it too sluggish.

Who can enjoy a Corri in ArmA, I think noone, no matter if you got CTF in your blood... wink_o.gif

I don't belive things will change with more maps, I just think we'll get more maps of the old TNT style but with a slower gameplay.

(all above, *unless* BIS changes things around with another 1Gb patch and we get faster animations and smoother performance...)

Abbe

Pcp = CTF, not necessarily.

There are a multitude of PvP type games to be had with arma, CTF is just a throwback from days gone by.

I like the concept of Evolution. I also like the concept of a small team coop with no respawn (makes you wanna stay alive and think ahead instead of ramboing in).

I'm pretty sure that soon some bloke will take Evolution and simply add a Opfor side and have missions of both sides crossing eachother.

Hell i'd love to have something of a crossover between good old CTI and Evolution. You could do stuff like sneak over to enemy base and satchell their choppers (which then take a lot of time to spawn) or be the one pistols.gif player that spawns in a non occupied town to keep the enemy from taking it.

I never liked the pvp only missions. Reminded me too much of all those other crappy games out there.

I like the concept of Evolution. I also like the concept of a small team coop with no respawn (makes you wanna stay alive and think ahead instead of ramboing in).

I'm pretty sure that soon some bloke will take Evolution and simply add a Opfor side and have missions of both sides crossing eachother.

Hell i'd love to have something of a crossover between good old CTI and Evolution. You could do stuff like sneak over to enemy base and satchell their choppers (which then take a lot of time to spawn) or be the one pistols.gif player that spawns in a non occupied town to keep the enemy from taking it.

I never liked the pvp only missions. Reminded me too much of all those other crappy games out there.

Agree totally, I have had this game since Tuesday and I LOVE ArmA Chicago and BAD Online evolution.

Are there Ramboish players? Yes but the majority of the players that I have come across are good teamworkers. The biggest problem I have with ArmA is that the most populated severs are coop servers and even then its rarely more then 20ish people per server. Its just a big change coming over from JO with the 150 and 250 player servers.

Co Op Rules my world.

PvP welcomes players working their way around rules to gain an advantage in quite a few cases.

I will let you guys figuar out what I am saying wink_o.gif

PvP is great Clan vs Clan or Trusted Locked Servers.

Personally, either style is great under the approprate conditions. Coops missions are very challenging and contain a variety of objectives. I have yet seen anyone cheat, stretch the rules or encounter unexplained acts/events.

I have played RTS, CTI, Combi, C&H, and Attack and Defend maps as well and if the map was carefully built it can be a equally good experience. The best way to experience it is to join a league such as the European Combat League. It has been around for quite some time, and 99% of the Team have thier own server. So one has a less chance of encountering any funny stuff.

The reason why there is some many COOP maps vs the other comes down to simply creating a coop is easier. As one does not have to incorporate so many safeguards and maybe the lack of skill need to create them has not developed as of yet.

Pcp = CTF, not necessarily.

There are a multitude of PvP type games to be had with arma, CTF is just a throwback from days gone by.

/100% agree

If you look into it, ArmA improvement over OFP lies mainly in possible scale.

Throwing people in a tiny area with handheld weapons only is all but taking advantage of ArmA's scale.

still waiting for an reasonable CTI! i´ve tryed evolution too, but its not for me! confused_o.gif PvP its just the right way (for me) look by the way at joint ops(i know , very old now and not coop based) but this was the right feelling. 150 players on server, tactical(enough), and really funy. but, how i sayd, still waiting...

When I load up the game and go to multiplayer all I see are Coop servers up I hate coop.  To me that's like playing the single player part of the game and when I think multiplayer I think killing other live people in CTF HOLD or whatever.  Is this game going to change or is this going to be the Arma becuase frankly Coop blows and I'm luck if I logon and see 1 or 2 server up besides coop.  icon_rolleyes.gif

Because with the coop in this game the mission can be created, played and modified on the fly with everyone connected to the server. The scenarios can be as basic or complex as the evening warrants giving tons of replayability.

Truth is on human vs human you rarely if ever get two "realistic" teams employing "realistic" tactics and strategy against each other.

It is almost always pukes with sniper rifles and AT weapons running around ad hoc. Not even fun the first time through.