Sign in to follow this  
ricoadf

ADF mod

G'day guys,

As most of you know ADF mod has started to port ourselves over to ArmA. However I have received a few requests to finish it in OFP and make an OFP release.

I would like to know what the community thinks and if this is worth doing or a waste of the mod's time. Alot of our stuff is in OFP atm so it wont be hard to do.

Suggestions?

I say complete the ADF MOD there's still lots of ppl playing ofp and i think ofp players who cant run ArmA will be glad to have this MOD in ofp.

I say do it thumbs-up.gif

Basically lots of people simply can't afford ArmA, because of their old systems. So you will have an audience for your addons.

Besides I've seen people porting to ArmA complete addons made for OFP, so it might even make your job easier on that direction. Instead of building a new addon from scratch that is.

Yesh! i think i agree with Ase290406.

It would be easier and theres not so many mods in progress for OFP anymore so your mod would be great! Good Luck.

I think you should release the mod for OFP as far as it is. Maybe finishing some works that don't need much time. There are still many people out there, who play OFP. And if the most things are done for OFP.... would be bad to don't see it in OFP.

Another question: Will the F/A-18 be there in US colours too? If I remember right, there was a guy making some great textures for it and gave it to you.

I agree with all the people here.

Please give us the ADF mod at OFP.

We could use the ADF Soldiers at AMA in maybe 1 year up to now.

I think you should release the mod for OFP as far as it is. Maybe finishing some works that don't need much time. There are still many people out there, who play OFP. And if the most things are done for OFP.... would be bad to don't see it in OFP.

Another question: Will the F/A-18 be there in US colours too? If I remember right, there was a guy making some great textures for it and gave it to you.

Good to see everyone has the same opinion, makes the decision easier smile_o.gif

I think we will do it in OFP, atm ArmA seems to be abit too buggy and resource hoggy. I was playing ArmA with a mate and he had a ping of 200+, in OFP same guy and all and his ping was 40 icon_rolleyes.gif , and to add insult to injury, we were using the ADF mod units (2 of them use HEAVY scripting) whistle.gif

So yer OFP seems to be the go for now until ArmA is cleaned up thumbs-up.gif

@ Panzergrenadier3: Ive got the texture your referring to, it will be used for the ADF Hornet (since they look scruffy looking like the real planes. US colours are the same, we don't plan to make it in US, but if you really want it as such it wouldn't be hard to change, just a few markings are the difference, oh and that its the A variant (US upgraded all A's to C+, Australia is the only country to use the A variant).

We need to clean up some addons, anyone that can do LODs and textures would be useful, we're almost done a v1 wink_o.gif

what addons will you be planning to release ?

The Bushmaster needs the textures on the roof to be completed. Other then that most textures are simple lod's, so that the units arn't white when they are further away smile_o.gif

Bushmaster looks great smile_o.gif

We still need help with Lod's, we cant release choppers and tanks that go white once you go more then 200m away tounge2.gif

yeah finnish ADF!

I always wanted to try this mod because it was looking so great

I hope you guys keep the work in OFP

Do people still play OFP?

If so I'll see what I can do, I have some stuff sittin in OFP, been focusing on ArmA recently sorry confused_o.gif