Sign in to follow this  
johnwilso007

Forceing Tail Roter Failure

is it possible to force the Helicopters tail roter's to fail. ive done it with a M-Gun but i want it to fail so the chopper spins. and the AI would destroy it completly.

any ideas?

Yea just setDammage it. Tail rotor speed is directly related to the vehicle's damage (more damage, slower speed).

I dont think that is true cause I was in a chopper the other day and my armor was knocked down to less than a 1/4 and I never lost the TR just fuel.

i set the setdammage to 0.8 the roter stops but the chpper also looses fuel this is not hte same as shooting the roter on it as it will spin and land still fulled up.

I heard of people spawning a explosion near it but I never heard of anyting els hope someone finds it.

As far as I can tell the only way would be to dammage it, I spent some time setting up explosions near or on the tail assembly, the problem is that all ordinance I tried apart from pipebombs drop before exploading, in the end I was creating a grenade above and infront of the chopper so it would fall on the tail boom, but it only worked 70% of the time due to chopper speed and banking, Next I'm going to try creating some bullets in the tail rotor & see if that does the job, if so I'll post the script code here.

Create a suitable projectile(s) in the tail rotor. To calculate the correct position to create the object, you could use modelToWorld assuming it arranges itself with the the object, or else use vectorDir, vectorUp and some maths skills.

Use a function to make sure it happens exactly.

the part you are looking for is called Mala Vrtule

prolly is possible to script damage to this part.

the part you are looking for is called Mala Vrtule

prolly is possible to script damage to this part.

No, it's not, not in a reliable matter at least. Setdammage is your best bet, and you can just keep adding fuel if it's leaking, no problems.

Quote[/b] ]I dont think that is true cause I was in a chopper the other day and my armor was knocked down to less than a 1/4 and I never lost the TR just fuel.

It is possible, but only if you took damage from enemy fire. Setdammage distributes damage evenly to all parts of the vehicle, where being hit by enemy fire concentrates the damage on the part that was hit, though it is still added to the vehicle's overall damage (the damage returned from the getDammage command for example). The tail rotor could remain barely damaged while the vehicle's armor is severely damaged due to hits to critical components. Using setdammage will ensure all components recieve the damage you specify, tail rotor included.