Sign in to follow this  
gerasmus

Russian ==> English/German (Deutch): How do I ?

When I visited St Petersburg, I bought the full Russian language version of ArmA. Everything is (very well done I might say) translated into Russian.

How do I get my ArmA into Eng/De ? What file do i download, what/where to replace and where do I get it ?

Thanks.

don't know about the russian version, but patch v1.05 enabled english language in the german version.

as far as i know, with v1.05 you can chose between the original language of the game and english. you won't be able to turn a russian version into a german one, or a french one into czech.

Thanks, looks like I'll have to brush up on my Russian then wink_o.gif

That's very bad, that you can't switch from Russian to English, because Russian translation is very bad and inapplicable in some places, especially control settings.

with patch v1.05 installed, you should be able to change your russian version into an english one, shouldn't you? the devs said that with v1.05 everyone will be able to play in their preferred language.

They also said, that Czech and Russian versions are excluded... don't know why, but anyways it is NOT good personally for me.

They also said, that Czech and Russian versions are excluded... don't know why, but anyways it is NOT good personally for me.

really? so all other versions can be played in english but not the czech and russian ones? strange.

Yes it is true, also changing language is not possible in Polish version.

czech version change to english is possible

only russian and polish version not

Yes, got confused about Czech/Polish...

But still why everyone can, but russian and polish users? Translation is awful and inappropriate sometimes.

It feels like discrimination.

Yes, got confused about Czech/Polish...

But still why everyone can, but russian and polish users? Translation is awful and inappropriate sometimes.

It feels like discrimination.

I think it is because Polish/Russian versions of ArmA were way cheaper than the other versions: Why buy a English version if you can get a cheaper Russian version which is not any different? wink_o.gif

Maybe you are correct about price.. I paid equivalent of GBP6 for ArmA from a games shop, plus bought Company of heroes, Oblivion and other games.. all for £6 at games shops in St Petersburg, Russia.

I do however also have the downloaded version (in German) which I can probably install.. but then my count on installations go down.

That is why I would rather try to translate Rus ==> En/De.

The "£6" = GBP 6 per game.

I understand the BIS' decison to lock the language switching in versions that cost around 10 euro, but now that the game is published in all major regions, i hope one of future patches will unlock this feature. After all, if one wants to buy the game, and its available in the nearest store or via online, he will go and buy it instead of going to Poland or Russia to save some cash  smile_o.gif U know, its very annoying to play online with people from all over Europe and issue commands and reports in cyrillic... We want to be understood. pistols.gif

I understand the BIS' decison to lock the language switching in versions that cost around 10 euro, but now that the game is published in all major regions, i hope one of future patches will unlock this feature. After all, if one wants to buy the game, and its available in the nearest store or via online, he will go and buy it instead of going to Poland or Russia to save some cash smile_o.gif U know, its very annoying to play online with people from all over Europe and issue commands and reports in cyrillic... We want to be understood. pistols.gif

..and more annying thing is missin goals presented in german crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

i know its not bis's fault but some mission get really confusing with german language( let go of ur stupid pride german and do english mission so the rest of us can enjoy 'em)

edit: BTW geramus enjoy this link: http://www.freedict.com/onldict/rus.html