Sign in to follow this  
Darkyyy

Vista Black load screen?

Sickboy is a saint (where'd he come from ... I don't remember him from OFP?)

Here's part of the ArmA engine.

Quote[/b] ]

Still bewilders me why MS sells beta OS software that is complex to the common user.

Requirements on Vista box should say (Warning : MS Cert required for use)

Hehe, yeh or a WIP sticker of some kind.

Hehe, thanks guys... don't make me blush so much inlove.gif

When I got the time to write such thread, I will consult with the mods what they think and if they would sticky it.

@Diablo, I meant the usual updates from Windows Update, not the pre-SP1's I linked you to.

I had a bluescreen with older drivers for soundcard, videocard, chipset and without the hotfixes supplied on the nvidia site. Mine said: "Process has locked Pages". But with everything mentioned installed, I only get it when I crash my game a few times fast after eachother with too fast looping scripts while I got a dedicated server running on the other cpu, for the rest I have yet to see the bluescreen smile_o.gif

Hehe, thanks guys... don't make me blush so much inlove.gif

When I got the time to write such thread, I will consult with the mods what they think and if they would sticky it.

@Diablo, I meant the usual updates from Windows Update, not the pre-SP1's I linked you to.

I had a bluescreen with older drivers for soundcard, videocard, chipset and without the hotfixes supplied on the nvidia site. Mine said: "Process has locked Pages". But with everything mentioned installed, I only get it when I crash my game a few times fast after eachother with too fast looping scripts while I got a dedicated server running on the other cpu, for the rest I have yet to see the bluescreen smile_o.gif

there was 2 optimal updates. one for my monitor, and one for vista itself. installing both, just to be sure wink_o.gif

just a question. when u play. do you got "flashing" HDR? like the monitor blinks alot white, makes it impossible to see things.

gonna see if there is a update for my chipset drivers as well. il do anything to get arma running smooth :P

little update.

i now, got newest version of my chipset, graphic card, sound card.

still i get bluescreen and flashy HDR.

just cheacked the bluescreen error, and it was exactly the same one as you got. so same prob i guess..

il test some more tomorrow smile_o.gif

I have my HDRPrecision setting set to 32 in my arma.cfg located in my documents\arma folder

No issues with HDR, running 163.75 drivers.

If you change the setting, make sure your game is closed.

Weird that you still get the bluescreen error.

My PC was crashing past days and figured out my memory was erroring. Resolved the issue with different mem settings and upgraded my BIOS along the way. Im fairly confident I won't be seeing any bluescreens and crashes anymore even when running server, game and more things at once, preliminary tests pointed that out.

But the BS you got, I got past that with the Vista hotfixes and drivers mentioned earlier.

can you paste whats in your arma.cfg file here?

i belive mine is.. not really full. here is mine (note the resolution says this low, because it sets itself to default every time i get the BS)

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=12000.000000;

Resolution_W=800;

Resolution_H=600;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

is it just me, or is it missing quite alot here?

and out of curiousety, which hotfix did you install? i only installed the top one.

i belive mine is.. not really full. here is mine (note the resolution says this low, because it sets itself to default every time i get the BS)

language="English";

adapter=-1;

Resolution_W=800;

Resolution_H=600;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

and out of curiousety, which hotfix did you install? i only installed the top one.

All hotfixes mate, thats why they are there for smile_o.gif

Please try removing your arma.cfg and then starting the game. It will prolly resolve your issue with the Queens Gambit startup message/error aswell. After that change the hdrprecision to: HDRPrecision=32;

Btw, which soundcard do you have? Im running X-Fi and it seems after updating my audio drivers to 2.15.0003 I get the bluescreen at exit aswell lol, still investigating though smile_o.gif

update when starting with -dsound parameter, I dont get the bluescreen when quiting game. It really seems the new audio driver I installed, or more probably an updated openAL that came with it. Will update when I know more

language="English";

adapter=-1;

Resolution_W=800;

Resolution_H=600;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

All hotfixes mate, thats why they are there for smile_o.gif

Please try removing your arma.cfg and then starting the game. It will prolly resolve your issue with the Queens Gambit startup message/error aswell. After that change the hdrprecision to: HDRPrecision=32;

Btw, which soundcard do you have? Im running X-Fi and it seems after updating my audio drivers to 2.15.0003 I get the bluescreen at exit aswell lol, still investigating though smile_o.gif

update when starting with -dsound parameter, I dont get the bluescreen when quiting game. It really seems the new audio driver I installed, or more probably an updated openAL that came with it. Will update when I know more

1) tryed deleteing the arma.cfg alot of times smile_o.gif

but i still cant find the hdrprecision in there.

2) got x-fi myself, with the newest drivers, since they fixed my Mic + vista prob.

so guess its those drivers who are abit bugged then.

il try the command you wrote, to see if it works smile_o.gif

EDIT. -dsound sure works. no bluescreen wink_o.gif good find mate

EDIT2: now i got more in teh config as well. gonna try the HDR one. updating soon

EDIT3: still flashing HDR, just a bit different kinda flash. not so intense. but still really annoying :P

EDIT4: do you got some odd sounds when using -dsound? i got some real odd sound everywhere. menu, campaign. everywhere :S its like tzzk trtrkk trk :P alot of odd noices

EDIT5: seems like the sound got better after re-adding the maxmem command. smile_o.gif

EDIT6: nah. annoying sounds still there.. hmm

Going back to 2.15.0002 has resolved the problem for me:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1646

Without having to run with -dsound

Device Manager reports the following driver version for my X-Fi:

6.0.1.1302, dated: 10-5-2007

For now I left the newer OpenAL32.dll and oal_wrap.dll combo in:

OpenAL32.dll   version: 6.14.0357.22

wrap_oal.dll version: 2.1.8.1

But IIRC I had other issues before with newer OpenAL dll's.

IIRC the older versions resolved those issues, but ill try the new ones anyway.

The old ones:

OpenAL32.dll     version: 6.14.0357.19

wrap_oal.dll      version: 2.1.4.0

@Diablo

Nice to read about the bluescreen fix.

Too bad the HDR didn't help you. Im running on these settings, maybe it changes things:

Video:

[*] Every setting on Very High (or High, if there isn't anything higher :P)

[*] Antialiasing on Normal

[*] Viewdistance 3000

Audio:

[*] EAX and Hardware Acceleration enabled.

What problems do you have with your mic on Vista btw?

Previous drivers, 2.15.0002, my Mic boost was turning itself off after reboot. That problem went away with 0003, but then I got the bluescreens. Still, with the 0002 I don't get the bluescreens any longer. And now I went back to 0002 again, my mic also keeps it's boost on, wahooo  yay.gif

il try to run all on max.

When i had XP, i ran everything on V.high/high smooth, but now i got like low on AF, shadows, disabled AA, low terrain, normal high/v.high on some others. small lagg spikes. seems like its pretty big diff from xp to vista :P

the mic prob i had with previouse drivers, was that, when i i.e used ventrilo, and tryed to talk, everyone just heard a "piiiiiiiiiiiiiiip"

so getting the newest driver, resoloved it.

guess i have to test some drivers here and there smile_o.gif

Just finished ArmA Troubleshooting Vista Wiki page:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Troubleshooting_Vista

Still must add the extra info on how to create 2 startupmenu options to pick between Normal Operation, and Limited to 3GB smile_o.gif

@Diablo

Ok then smile_o.gif For me the 0002 works fine with TeamSpeak, but then again, TS aint Ventrilo smile_o.gif

You might want to try to run Ventrilo and connect it before you start the game. Maybe they were fighting for the mic-input because the game has ingame voice too :P

I guess it's really time now to get a stickied thread with the Vista info, im trying to make time smile_o.gif

update when starting with -dsound parameter, I dont get the bluescreen when quiting game. It really seems the new audio driver I installed, or more probably an updated openAL that came with it.

BTW, CL X-Fi has it's own issues with Vista 64bit/4GB of memory and I am pretty sure the 003 drivers where pulled by CL due to BSOD's. Those CL people are a bunch of Monkeys!

Suggest that you visit this forum: http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board?board.id=Vista

and this thread: http://forums.creative.com/creativ....d=24495

Thanks for the message odie, but as you can read onwards, it was quickly resolved and also included in the guide (wiki) that I posted. I won't touch those monkey-CL forums even if they would pay me millions wink_o.gif