Sign in to follow this  
Warpy

Lack of Aussie Servers!

I'm located in Australia and there are lacking Arma servers, in fact only the Evolution servers exist which I don't particular like due to the game vehicle restriction they impose.

I have heard the ISP's won't create game servers for the community because they say the game isn't popular enough and would be a waste. I find this hard to believe... does anyone know if there are any plans to have Australian servers for Arma?

i think we do all right:

ogn have 2~4 servers, gsa-xdf have 2~3, telstra has one. But yeah, more players would be nice, and co-ops seem to be quite popular right now.

And the OGN servers don't play Evo all the time, only sometimes.

Give it time and ppl will be playin normal coops and CTFs and C&Hs biggrin_o.gif

The one I joined the other nite playing Final Countdown was a TK frenzy, I disconnected.

Gah! It only takes a few killjoy team killers to ruin an entire server.

Need strict team kill rules.

The one I joined the other nite playing Final Countdown was a TK frenzy, I disconnected.

Gah! It only takes a few killjoy team killers to ruin an entire server.

Need strict team kill rules.

Yeah thats true... would be nice to see more admins..

OGN ran a structured and organized, passworded coop last Friday night - it was the first attempt at such a game and was a great success. 30 ppl (+ 5~10 more trying to get in) following a command structure, designated roles, all connected by Teamspeak. It was 4 hours of brilliant fun till the server died (mission related crash). Try and get involved if you enjoy a serious game without any TK/cheating stupidity. You may need to sign up to a clan, if only for the sake of culpability. They have no intention of restricting play to exclusively coop either.

As far as I've seen it is next to impossible to play coop in a public server having it messed up by some idiot, yet everyone seems to want to keep on trying. If so many people want to kill the first thing in sight they should be playing DM, CTF or C&H.

Hey where would I go to sign up for these OGN coop nights?

I'd like to know this too, sounds like fun! smile_o.gif

It's hard to find any good multiplayer servers on OFP and Arma regarding any country the host may be in. Based on the forum activity here, you would think that there are alot of people playing around the clock.

Warpy, come join us on the OGN servers, We run a Coop only server plus a CTF/CH only server, We also have special nights where we play other types of games on our Test server. We also play CRCTI/KPCTI and RTS on our CTI server.

Hey all. I'm from Australia, and on a friday night, had bout 30 players online and damm there was TK galore! Those tools really know how to stuff up a good game. But it was record time that I've seen a map completed. But it does suck when you have had a shit of a night at work and you jump on to be shot at as you spawn, real patience tester that is, then trying to vote in a admin who's name you know to kick the fool off the game can be quite hard. But hey, thats while I'm waiting for the rest of my clan to jump on so we can play in a organized manner on our server (The RM) with TS.

Hell, glad I'm in with a crew that plays like its for real. It's nice to know that your flanks are watched by something more reliable than the stupid AI. But that still ain't going to stop me playing on other servers, unless the pings are over 300.

Happy hunting all!

RM Mne OHMS [40Acoy]

That's weird, I never seem to get on a server when cheating or TKíng is going on. I must be lucky... either that or everyone just stops when I get on.

GSA C&H got leveled by some TKC fools just last night. It's the first time I've seen something so blatant.

Previously I've only seen a couple of people who just won't die no matter how many shots you put into them (over say ten minutes, not lag) and people in vehicles they don't have in the current mission.

Locked/passworded servers may be the only thing to do..