Sign in to follow this  
BadBone

Couple of basic controls questions

I have had a look about and cant find the answers.

1. In the default controls for aircraft it says push 2x\ for auto hover on, is this just for the harrier? as it wont work for me in helo's?

2. How do you switch from helo pilot to helo gunner, t doesnt work for me, ive seen someone on a video do it without having a menu pop up with which unit to choose.

Thanks

Also, how do you add a custom message? i saw someone " lol " in game the other night and heard a manic laugh wow_o.gif

1. It should work for helicopters.

2. You need to set up both of those characters as playable in the editor, then you can team switch between them.

3. That is a server-side mod. You type commands into chat to play those sounds. You can do it on any server with that mod / script / macro / whatever it is, you just need to know what to type.

1. It should work for helicopters.

2. You need to set up both of those characters as playable in the editor, then you can team switch between them.

3. That is a server-side mod.  You type commands into chat to play those sounds.  You can do it on any server with that mod / script / macro / whatever it is, you just need to know what to type.

ty smile_o.gif

1. Should work for both jets and helicopters.

2. There's a key for "move to next playable switchable character" which means you don't have to get into the alternate characters menu to change. Look in the controls.

If you mean actually switching seats you have to get out of the helicopter and walk to the other seat to get in.

Hi,

Sorry to steal your thread but i had some newb questions of my own, if anyone has the time to answer them smile_o.gif

Please keep in mind that i am a complete newbie in terms of Arma and games in general:hlp:

A. Is it very easy to turn the single player missions into a co-op map? Do i just copy them into the muiltiplayer maps folder?

B.)Is there anyway to make my AI units follow another person who is part of my squad so we can split and have her lead half of them? (in co-op)

I figured how to group them into squads (alpha, bravo ect) but they still require me to tell them were to go smile_o.gif

C.)Anyone know of a guide about leading your squad, i read the one listed on the main page but is there anything more indepth?

Thanks so much in advance for anyone who has the time to answer these questions!

P.S I searched for awhile but no luck, so sorry if these questions are asked alot and i missed them.

Quote[/b] ]3. That is a server-side mod. You type commands into chat to play those sounds. You can do it on any server with that mod / script / macro / whatever it is, you just need to know what to type.

Uhm, are you attempting to pull some kind of practical joke here or what? crazy_o.gif It's not a mod or a script, it's not even possible to read the chat from scripts. It's a custom sound in the users folder and they're played via the radio menu:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Multiplayer_Custom_Sounds_Tutorial

Quote[/b] ]3. That is a server-side mod.  You type commands into chat to play those sounds.  You can do it on any server with that mod / script / macro / whatever it is, you just need to know what to type.

Uhm, are you attempting to pull some kind of practical joke here or what? crazy_o.gif It's not a mod or a script, it's not even possible to read the chat from scripts. It's a custom sound in the users folder and they're played via the radio menu:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Multiplayer_Custom_Sounds_Tutorial

Cheers for link smile_o.gif