Sign in to follow this  
MeNeZ

ArmA constantly crashing

Sweet good to hear =)

I thought u had already removed the file :S otherwise u could have done it manually and just deleted the whole folder and it should delete the contents wink_o.gif

See ya ingame wink_o.gif

Overheating can become an issue as the days get longer now (Northern hemisphere) and I'm a perfect example of that - my study has very poor ventilation and as summer

I have a thing on my game where I start to get spear-like graphical glitches coming out of players' necks. When that happens I know it's time to take the lid off my PC. If I do, it calms down; if I don't, the game eventually crashes.

F

hmm, i originally though this might be the cause of my own problems.

in Multi i frequently gets CTD's that leave my desktop displaying in 16 colours and 800x600. this can only be rectified by restarting the PC.

I have a fairly cramped Silverstone LC16 home theatre case and a passively cooled XFX 7950GT card, so it did appear to be a clear case of Arma causing the syatem to overheat.

however, i can play Fear or Gothic3 for hours upon end with never a problem, and certainly nothing critical like this.......?

i have the latest standard drivers, XP Sp2, Feb 2007 DX9c, and Arma patched to 1.05 so my system is up to date.

i am still at a loss as to why this happens, but i believe it is due to Arma and not my PC.

p.s. is this Fenix from The Rifles Public Server?

well you could try it, open the case, if u got a normal house fan thing stick it next to the case and let it help by gently blowing air into the case, play for as long as you can to see if the problem is reduced/does not occur.

If its fine then heat is the problem, if not you might have that ATI driver bug and try rolling back to Cat. 6.7 pistols.gif

I fixed it!!

I spent a bit more time on that profile I couldnt delete. Windows wouldnt let me delete it. It said the file wasnt there?

Anywau, I dowloaded PergeIE which forcefully deleted the file. I couldnt delete it any other way.

THen I re-installed ArmA and now its running fine

PEace* yay.gif

MeNeZ,

what file did you delete ?

I have the exact same CTD problem with the exact same error message.

I'm using a clean XP install but I copied my old ArmA profile.

I can't believe this could be the cause of all my troubles...

?

I've a totally new machine, have brand new XP, only has ArmA and FSX installed, brand new from scratch profile (same name abviously), still get those "graphic" error CTDs and now I've seen a BSoD ! crazy_o.gif

I fixed it!!

I spent a bit more time on that profile I couldnt delete. Windows wouldnt let me delete it. It said the file wasnt there?

Anywau, I dowloaded PergeIE which forcefully deleted the file. I couldnt delete it any other way.

THen I re-installed ArmA and now its running fine

PEace*   yay.gif

MeNeZ,

what file did you delete ?

I have the exact same CTD problem with the exact same error message.

I'm using a clean XP install but I copied my old ArmA profile.

I can't believe this could be the cause of all my troubles...

1) Delete the ArmA profiles folder/folder(s) in your My Documents folder

2) If that doesnt work then navigate to: C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\Local Settings\Application Data and then delete the folder named ArmA

Fingers crossed!