Sign in to follow this  
CrunchyFrog

Can't memory file "Campaigns1985"

Okay, every time I play ofp.. then I close it down, then if I try to open OFP again then it just say: Can't memory file "Campaigns1985" ... ehhh, wtf its right there!

I have the original Cd in... I installed Red hammer which i bought, what the hell is going on?!

I seem to have gotten this since 1.42

Anybody got the same problem? confused.gif

How much RAM do you have?

How many other programs are you running simultaneously when playing OFP?

Have you tried manually setting you Windows virtual swap file size to 1000 and rebooting?

I have 320 mb sdram, I tryid to close down all other programs... But it just says the same all the time, then I have to reboot, then it will work

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ Feb. 11 2002,12:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Okay, every time I play ofp.. then I close it down, then if I try to open OFP again then it just say: Can't memory file "Campaigns1985" ... ehhh, wtf its right there!

I have the original Cd in... I installed Red hammer which i bought, what the hell is going on?!

I seem to have gotten this since 1.42

Anybody got the same problem? confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

If I start up OFP twice I get that error-msg on my second OFP-session. (I Alt-Tab alot and sometimes forget that I allready have OFP up).

Then I just click 'ok' and the second session closes and I Alt-Tab back into the first session.

What I'm trying to say is that it seems your computer does'nt shut down OFP completely.

-Faulty/defective RAM-modules maybe?

-Faulty OS?

You running any 3rd-party disk managers or mem-managers?

I get this same problem, too. Although, restarting my computer does not help. My OS is Windows Millenium Edition, I have 1.2 Ghz processor, 25 Gb free disk space, 512 Mb of DDRAM, and My copy of OFP is genuine with all current patches and Red Hammer installed. I am totally perplexed. There is nothing running in the background.

How do you set your Windows virtual swap file size?

Thanks in advance,

Scott W. Munro <Edgecrusher>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How do you set your Windows virtual swap file size?<span id='postcolor'>

Right click My Computer on the desktop, click properties, performance, virtual memory.

I'm using Win98ME also and have my swap set to 250MB Min and 512MB Max and it never climbs above 250MB, probally because it is barely used (I have 896MB's RAM).

OT: Just a general Win98ME tip. Whilst in the performance tab click "Flie System" and move the system restore slider waaaay to the left. Whatever muppet installed windoze onto this machine had it to the right and my restore folder had been gently growing untill it reached nearly 6GB's wow.gif Untill I hexed my registry and managed to uninstall Windoze restore.

Thanks ArmourDave. (from the Commonwealth? - u in armour)

Win ME sucks, but the alternative (XP) isn't near as appealing.

Thanks, I'll see if it helps.

mad.gif I am getting the same problem is it the game or GameSpy someone has to have an answer or is it the crappy patch 1.42 it has more bugs than Joe Apartment. Somebody help it is killing the best game ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got this same problem this is a bug in patch 1.42 in patch 1.40 it never happened to me after I had upgraded to 1.42 this problem has come it would be nice if they make a new patch that fix this problem

This works for me ..............when i close ofp i press ctrl/alt/del and theres this program called DPSNV i have to end this task to be able to get ofp tp launch without reebooting biggrin.gif

I get the same message. From what i can tell, the error appears ALWAYS when i launch OFP via GameSpy, and only sometimes when i launch it directely from my Desktop.

It appeared first in the early February.

I was able do fix it by deleting my latest downloaded Addons. But now it appeared again. I dunno which Addon it was the first time but it worked after removing the 3 Hummers from Lordremock. For the error returned now i get the feeling that i have to much Addons installed. However i have no solution for this.

By the way: UKPUSHER: i don't have that DPSNV in Ctrl Alt Del

And BigRed: You are waaaaay right.

confused.gif

Greetings Chop

I have the same problem

(My addon map is 670 mb big)

sometimes I also get "cannot memory map " "" between the "" is the map it can't load for some reason.

The maps that ofp gives the errors with are rather big 1 > mb.

it happened with the original 02 infantry mission and also with the c01 convoy mission.

And sometimes when I play campain it says cannot load world ""

I noticed this bugs from ofp version 1.40.

Why does everybody has this bug with ofp sad.gif

Oh i forgot,

I tried the following (as you all did too i guess) I seinstalled Red Hammer, OFP and deleted everthing related to the game, then i installed again and updated to V1.40.

Didn't help had still the same. The Only thing that worked was deleting the latest addons. Could it be that I have to much of them? I mean the first time i deleted around 7 Addons or so. Thince then I downloaded around 6 - 8 new addons but didn't play online. As in singleplayer the error comes only sometimes i didn't notice that GameSpy doesn't launch OFP anymore.

I'm running a P III 900MHz, 512 MB Ram <---should be no problem.

best regards, Chop

Hey ppl,

i think i got the solution biggrin.gif

I just took the time to move addons which i don't need anymore to a backup folder. My Addons folder in game now has 197 files and is 355MB. And voilá... it works. tounge.gif

It seems that the game creates an "internal" memory that has a specific size or something. Dunno, I'm no crack in this. But keeping the Addons folder small works for me. Yeeeehaa.

regards Chop

Yes I thought the same thing about the size of your addon folder my folder is arround 670mb and thath are all great addons.

But isn't it strange that the size of your addon folder causes a memory problem with ofp.

Ps this is my system:

Amd thunderbirth 1333Mhz 266FSB

Asus a7v133 motherboard

512 Mb of memory 133Mhz

Asus V7700 G2pro 64Mb vin/vidout

3com 3c905 network card

Creative PCI 128 sound card

Hewlett Packard 8200+ series burner

LG DRD-8080B DVD drive

So I don't understand why ofp is causing problems.

BTW I reinstalled ofp and updated to 1.42 and the error was starting showing again on a regular basis.

I moved quit many addon to a buckup folder outside ofp and the bugs disapeard, so it has something to do with that ofp loads all the addons in the computers memory.

I also sized my swap file to 500min and 1000max , maybe that solved the problem also biggrin.gif

But I don't know

Well guys I will tell you how I got rid of the problem I spent

a hole day trying to figure it out. First I reistalled Gamespy that didn't work. Second I started take my addons out a few at at time that really sucked because I have 475mb of addons but that didn't work. Finally I use some common sense and took my 1985.pbo out of the campaign file and now my game works like it is brand new. Of course this wasn't a big thang for me I already beat the campaign.

It works trust me BigRed

If you smell what BigRed is cookin!!!

Hmm...

when the game loads all the data when launching mabby all those addons take too much memory so there's no space for the campaign. so either some addons must go or the campaign, or something else. But i thought when campaign is deleted, it would say something like cannot load 1985.pbo. But I'll try. As you said that you have over 600MB addons, how many campaigns do you have installed? I have just 1985 and red hammer. mabby when i delete the 1985 campaign i can put the addons back in? I'll give it a try.

cya Chop

Doesn't matter what patch or upgrade I get...I still get this "campaign.pbo" message or cannot memory-map file"dta\data.pbo" whenever I try to connect to mp. Never have got to play online and I'm getting more and more fed up mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LeadMagnet @ Mar. 04 2002,19:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Doesn't matter what patch or upgrade I get...I still get this "campaign.pbo" message or cannot memory-map file"dta\data.pbo" whenever I try to connect to mp.<span id='postcolor'>

What are your system specs?

How much freespace does your disk have?

What are your Windows swap file settings?