Sign in to follow this  
bisfan

Shooting problem in AA

This is very annoying. All the weapon in the game are not consistent when shooting. The other day i tried to hit fixet target ( training mission ) from 20 meters with the handgund and I missed it number of times even though I was aiming right at the target. The bullets were flying randomly of the target. It was really silly. One time the bullet flies 2 meters to the left and other time it goes 3 meters to the right. I wont even start talking about the guns. BTW the wind factor is not for sure because there was no hurricane nowhere near at that time.

The handguns aren't very accurate in this game.. as for the other ones, it sounds like I-can't-believe-it's-not-FADE has been activated.

FADE issues should be made somehow visible to players... Awfully lot don't understand this and they just think that game sucks. That weapons thread is/was perfect example of it.

From 20 meters handgun ain't accurate in ArmA, but when it missed meters from target it has to be FADE.

If they made it visible then they wouldn't get this delightful 'I'm a possible pirate of your game' report along with an IP log.

I watched your video. Firstly those weapons are zerod for 300m, so at 150m the bullets would be at the top of their arc (meaning shooting way high). Secondly, just because you bought the game doesn't necessarily mean it's original, and just because you have an original version doesn't mean your copy isn't fading. You should contact Suma about this problem if you think that the version you have is genuine.

Are you using a cracked *.exe? Anything that tries to get around copy protection could cause this.

Edit: I just watched the video. It is clearly a cracked version of the game.

i feel like an idiot asking this.., but are you by anychance useing a no-cd fixed(cracked) exe assuming your copy is a hard copy and not a downloaded version?

if so.. remove the fixed(cracked) exe.

How many times have Forum Admins said Fade does'nt exist in ArmA now, its a Codemasters trick. However you can still get choppy performance using any kind of mounting tool, crack ect. smile_o.gif

How many times have Forum Admins said Fade does'nt exist in ArmA now, its a Codemasters trick. However you can still get choppy performance using any kind of mounting tool, crack ect. smile_o.gif

funny that, seeing as when ever you try and reconnect in MP after a DC, and your old 'player' is still on the server, the conflicting player numbers causes the game to display the FADE message

afterthought perhaps?

It's not called FADE, but there is software copy protection by BIS in there.

It's obvious this guy is running a cracked version. It's amazing how people pirate/crack this game and then still have the nerve to come here and complain.

How many times have Forum Admins said Fade does'nt exist in ArmA now, its a Codemasters trick. However you can still get choppy performance using any kind of mounting tool, crack ect.   smile_o.gif

It's not called FADE, but there is software copy protection by BIS in there.

It's obvious this guy is running a cracked version. It's amazing how people pirate/crack this game and then still have the nerve to come here and complain.

Most people don't know about FADE. (or rather I-can't-believe-it's-not-FADE wink_o.gif )

That's the beauty of it. People with cracked games are outing themselves without even realizing it.

Seconded! Just remember if you're gonna use a (early) no DVD crack then expect problems as in a pirated copy. I personally don’t like this having to put disks in all the time to play games either, and I ALWAYS buy a legal copy and then try and install a crack simply to save the disks and my efforts in starting a game too. BUT any alterations to a game is likely to cause copy protection issues so unless you are playing the game as it is written on the tin then don't come complaining here with the possible outcomes!  whistle.gif  

ArmA has got Fade like copy protection triggers that will cause you to snipe badly, the AI to be super accurate and sometimes you will suddenly become a seagull for no apparent reason! Do more research, try a bit harder!  wink_o.gif

So I guess it's out of the question that the copy protection has bugs in it and activates for no reason?

I know, I know. Bugs in a BI game. Never happen, right? icon_rolleyes.gif

I just asked a question. No need to reply like that. I reinstalled the game and put 1.05 patch. It seems that I can actually hit something now. Thanks anyway.