Sign in to follow this  
plasman

Contractors Team

Next retext project:

Contractors Team

The addon will include 4 different type of contractors + 1 pilot, 1 crewman and a (kind of Blackwater style) MH6.

Screenshots

clic here for screenshot1

clic here for screenshot2

clic here for screenshot3

clic here for screenshot4

For more info about Contractors (not to be mistaken with mercenaries) and Private Military Companies:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_military_company

Is that a "Nogpat" hat the first guy has got? smile_o.gif

No, just the standard "chocolate chip" cammo directly taken from the game. I was lazy this time biggrin_o.gif

Thanks. Every info / feeback is welcome smile_o.gif

a civilian with a vest, ammo belt and boots would look cool. Is they're a way to make a model without any headwear???

Getting an "ideal" contractor would require "playing Dr.Frankenstein" with the still unreleased ArmA modding tools: Civilian baseball cap + Russian style ammo pouches + US style flack vest + lower part of the Sniper model + self-made reporter jacket.

I tried (twice) to include a guy without head gear (a captive) but somehow it doesn’t work. The unit simply doesn’t appear on the editor’s list. I don’t know why.

If you inherited directly from the captive class, then it wont show up in the editor, because its set to not do so. Try inheriting from a different class, but using the same model.

If you inherited directly from the captive class, then it wont show up in the editor, because its set to not do so. Try inheriting from a different class, but using the same model.

You mean I'll need to call him "SoldierG" for example, instead of "Captive" in the config?

No, don't use the same class-names as existing units (i.e. BIS Core units).

Should look something like this, with your classname probably being different.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Plas_UnitWithoutHelmet: SoldierG

{

ETC.

ETC.

ETC.

}

Thanks smile_o.gif

Still working (slowly) on the contractors. You'll find herebelow a teaser screenshot of the Contractors' MH-6.

2zftqg32.jpg