Sign in to follow this  
{9thinf}Ghost-IMW-Dev

Iraq Modern Warfair COOP Mod

if you look on the post djfrogstar i said the truck was not our content

I can read... I was just saying where it came from....

We have Villas OFP Bradly reskinned too Desert Camo

b2qy6.th.jpg

This is a WIP and as soon as we get some tools we can get some real custom models Islands and units ingame as fast as we can

Was waiting for the M2 to show up, damn I love that IFV. It still looks a bit OFP-ish, naturally, but that can be fixed.

The bradley looks pretty nice, abit low-res though :/

An F-16 wouldn't strike a target like that. They're not going to ripple off 10 bombs with no seperation value anymore. 1991, sure, when unguided iron was still used. Today it would be a GPS guided JDAM or laser guided GBU and no more than two.

Even the new cluster bombs are guided now, with each sub-munition having its own IR guidence system. One bomb with a burst altitude of 1000 ft or more can take out over 100 tanks.

well thanks for that info this is all work in progress

for a second thing we have to dumb down some of the firepower or we could just wipe the map with one strike

we are playing around with scripts nothing there is set in stone wink_o.gif

So is TCW and IMW collaborating on this one? As a future user of both your projects it would very much make sense if you did.

It was always a hassle in OFP when a number of different teams were working on similar projects yet not collaborating to any extent. Let's avoid that mistake in ArmA: Work together and achieve a better end result!!

Quote[/b] ]So is TCW and IMW collaborating on this one? As a future user of both your projects it would very much make sense if you did.

It was always a hassle in OFP when a number of different teams were working on similar projects yet not collaborating to any extent. Let's avoid that mistake in ArmA: Work together and achieve a better end result!!

I love that Idea i have talked to djfrogster about this but he is most likely moving to VBS 2 so we will see what goes on in the longrun

We would love it if BAS would join up with us. You never know what is going to happen anyone that wants to help feel free to PM me or Swatguy

WE NEED THE DANG TOOLS ALREADY!  sad_o.gif

Do you think this mod will work with Arma: Combat operation, I'm from Canada, and I really want this mod when our version  comes out

So then is buying a model from, let's say TurboSquid, and then using o2 to make an addon is that illegal?

Abs

If the model is made in o2 yes. When the model hasnt been in o2 before the sale I can not say for sure if that is allowed to import after buying.

The answer to this is easy..you aren't paying him for the model. The model is free, as per the user agreement. You are paying him for his time and expertise....kind of like a hooker. Besides, it's not like you have to declare it on your taxes or anything...informal under-the-table payments are hardly the bane of BI's existence..."Dude..I'll give you a hundred bucks if you model this for me."

Quote[/b] ]So is TCW and IMW collaborating on this one? As a future user of both your projects it would very much make sense if you did.

I love that Idea i have talked to djfrogster about this but he is most likely moving to VBS 2 so we will see what goes on in the longrun

We would love it if BAS would join up with us. You never know what is going to happen anyone that wants to help feel free to PM me or Swatguy

WE NEED THE DANG TOOLS ALREADY!  sad_o.gif

Im going to use both arma and vbs2 for making the film im working on. Thats the first reason why im making stuff in the first place. Unfortunately there will be alot of the same stuff form these mods. For almost 2 months I have completed the desert vehicle reskins with Iraqi police and Iraqi army units for example. Insurgent units are also underway etc etc. Im working on this project 16 months now and at my own pace with different priorities than making a coop mod for MP.

When I release the mod officially it will be a part of a new set of IRAQI islands. The only way to use them now is to be a part of the film or dev crew.

I hope this explains some of it...

WE NEED THE DANG TOOLS ALREADY! sad_o.gif

Im going to use both arma and vbs2 for making the film im working on. Thats the first reason why im making stuff in the first place. Unfortunately there will be alot of the same stuff form these mods. For almost 2 months I have completed the desert vehicle reskins with Iraqi police and Iraqi army units for example. Insurgent units are also underway etc etc. Im working on this project 16 months now and at my own pace with different priorities than making a coop mod for MP.

When I release the mod officially it will be a part of a new set of IRAQI islands. The only way to use them now is to be a part of the film or dev crew.

I hope this explains some of it...

What parts of Iraq are you modeling?

I dont want to hijack this thread so will take it to pm

very nice, starting to look like iraqis. Do they have bmp's and tanks there IRL?? I have seen only a iraqi jeep, in movie clips and news shots...

very nice, starting to look like iraqis. Do they have bmp's and tanks there IRL?? I have seen only a iraqi jeep, in movie clips and news shots...

Personnel 129,760(01/11/06)[2]

131,800[3]

~120,000[4]

Tanks 22 T-55 [5]

77 T-72 [6]

Armoured Personnel Carriers 300 Spartan[5]

39 BTR-94[5]

44 MT-LB[5]

0 M-113

100 M1114 [7]

167 M1151 [7]

Armoured fighting vehicles 22 DZIK-3[5]

72 Defender-110[5]

Infantry Fighting Vehicles 50 BMP-1 [5]

And they also have C130

Ahh, I was waiting for an iraq mod smile_o.gif

It will have crazy insurgents right?

excuse me "crazy" insurgents?? oh you mean crazy americans..lol rofl.gif

Inshallah the resistance in arma will end the occupation of the cruel American opressers.ALLHU AKBAR!

anyway don't give a political message by your mod even if you are supporting the mujahideen.

in your mod you should add al-qaeda units al-mahdi, and the Iraqi resistance. what would be awesome if we actually make the rockets and prepare an I.E.D by drilling it and putting gun powder in it and so forth.

in the Resistance side add a verbal commands. like "ALLAHU AKBAR", "bismillah","assalamu alaikum"alaikum salam", and some sort of script so that can make them prey. remember if you aim for realism then you must add prayers. and add some of the verbal commands to the coalition side as they often mock the mujaheddin by screaming out ALLAHU AKBAR when in combat.

What will be awesome is the prayers time will trigger civilians to prey. anyway i hope you can use vbs1 as a guide on how to make an urban fighting realistic and awesome.

Edit: use the modernwar sounds as they are awsome andadd some nice glowing orb tracers