Sign in to follow this  
-CS-SOBR-1st-I-R-

DXDLL

Hi there!

Ive recently installed ChernMOD but couldnt get along with it.

Now I want to play normal Res again but DXDLL is activated. I didnt find any way to remove it... and I dont feel fine by deleting the folder off my flashpoint installation neither.

Do I have to disbale every option using App Key + H or how can I delete dxdll that causes that bloody blurry effect.

thanks in advance.

[bQMS] SOBR

The fastest way is, move the d3d8.dll out of you`re OFP dir.

Instructions for doing this are in the readme file of dxdll... does this ChernMod give you no dxdll readme?

Quote[/b] ]To uninstall dxdll, remove the d3d8.dll file from OFP directory.

Just move the file away from that location if you want to just disable it temporarily.

afaik you just delete the dxdll files from their current location, if you want to save transfer the file to somewhere else on your PC. But the bottom line is not having it in the OFP Addons directory smile_o.gif

I've tried cutting it out of the directory and starting the game... which didnt work as ofp said "some dxdll file could not be found".

I'll try now to remove that dll file as said above.. see if it works. smile_o.gif

As long the .dll is in the OFP dir it will try to start with OFP.

It`s this file, that has to be moved out, erased or whatever so that dxdll will not work anymore.

As long the .dll is in the OFP dir it will try to start with OFP.

It`s this file, that has to be moved out, erased or whatever so that dxdll will not work anymore.

Yeah tried that now and it worked. smile_o.gif

Thanks guys, now I can have a look into some old but nice spetsnaz "behind enemy lines" missions. wink_o.gif

cheers!

If "the bloody blurry effect" is the only problem with DxDll, you can of course always fiddle around with the blur and flare (Was it flare? Or Gamma...?) effects in the configurator, or just press App+P. To be honest I don't even have DxDll postprocessing actually on when I start the game...

Thanks for the advise but I rather have standard Red + ECP back. You know after getting used to something for years you can hardly accept anything new or different, even if its better.

Ive taken that dll file and the whole dxdll folder out and now it works smooth as before.

Or are there any really great advantages why I should stick to dxdll ?

The night vision effect is most excellent, and if can use high resolution the postprocess looks very good. In lower res, 1280x1024 for example, the anti alias is really needed but not possible with dxdll.

I use it for the FPS counter and the shader that maintains color at night ... I don't care for the rest.