Sign in to follow this  
bravo 6

AI natural Artillery, without script.

I don't care what they said either, but what I do care is that endless crap about "They Promised this" and "They Promised that" and all that other crap. I'm sure half of the options that get labelled as "Promised but not Delivered" were probably never said, or never said that way, more like... "We are thinking about implementing a well laid out artillery system" "We are aiming for a full multiplayer campaign" etc. etc. gets read and remembered as 'promises'

Semantics smile_o.gif

Source 1: " Both sides will have artillery pieces available to them at certain times during the campaign."

Source 2: "We want to create an even more intensive combat experience in Armed Assault. Besides photo-realistic graphics, larger numbers of troops, and more complicated battles, new combat aspects, such as artillery, will be introduced to make the experience even more intense."

No cry-cry here. Simply wondering what they have been doing that they never implemented some things they planned to. For all I know we'll see working artillery in the US release.

Anyway, this is getting off-topic so last post on my end.

Besides D30 is a high velocity anti-tank gun not an indirect fire artillery piece.

An anti-tank howitzer? That would be the first..

Sure D-30 has HEAT-FS, fin stabilised ammo though. Capable of penetration about 460 mm to 580 mm RHA and PG-1M Panoramic Telescope for direct fire.

Even standard HE ammo with full charge causes trouble to MTB, we tested it against T-72. Tank was not (ofcourse) destroyed but every prism (for view from tank) was broken, tracks broken, and the crew would have been at least incapable for some time.

For BMP, standard D-30 HE would go through armor right away and explode inside. After that no recognizable BMP anymore...

I know also that this has gone way offtopic, sorry for that.

Sorry, one of my stupid squad mates told me that the D30 was a high velocity anti tank gun and NOT an artillery piece and I just repeated what I said. Clearly I misspoke.

It will be better to have self-propelled howitzer like PzH 2000.

Nice to have some Counterbattery (CB) fire... maybe BIS is working on this too? smile_o.gif

Sorry, one of my stupid squad mates told me that the D30 was a high velocity anti tank gun and NOT an artillery piece and I just repeated what I said. Clearly I misspoke.

Most likely mixed with 125mm AT-gun (What was it: 2A46 or older?), which basicaly the same that russian tanks use.

Infact Sahrani seems to be more suitable for mortars, than artillery. Expacely northern and easter areas on northern Sahrani and western and central areas of southern Sahrani. Lots of mountains and forrests.

EDIT: There are reports that 125mm HEAT has compelitely penetrated BMP's side armors and BMP would be operatible, if nothing vital would been in the way of HEAT's jet. HE then again compiltely destroyed BMP. BMP had not enough armor to spread HEAT's jet, if i may say. And if i recall it was BMP-1, which armor is bit thinner than BMP-2s.

Quote[/b] ]For all I know we'll see working artillery in the US release.

Is this confirmed or is it just loose rumors?  crazy_o.gif  I mean - Holy S*** this is VERY good news then....  smile_o.gif

I really want bump this up, cos I am artillery fanatic smile_o.gif

And again, you may to see one Finnish (Arma) army video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SZ56tAcLRPY

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hGmJOfHiGV4&mode=related&search=

Dont ask, we do no have F-16, only F-18 wink_o.gif

Old propaganda but anyway wink_o.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE8aLLh6ntY

I do not wonder why Sweden wants to quit normal military service. Last 1000 years we Finns have protected Sweden anyway wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]For all I know we'll see working artillery in the US release.

Am I missing something in my version 1.07 or do I need to buy the US version 1.06??

mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif

There isn't any 1.07 artillery. Rumor.

Also 1.07 isn't out yet.

Quote[/b] ]Am I missing something in my version 1.07 or do I need to buy the US version 1.06??

Don't hold your breath. For BIS, I suspect it isn't as simple as lobbing a shell from A to B. They are breaking enough ground as it is, my suggestion is, give them a break smile_o.gif