Sign in to follow this  
deevius

LOD Bug

Please, for the love of all that is holy, PLEASE FIX THIS MOST HIDEOUS AND ANNOYING BUG I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED IN ANY GAME.

everywhere i look i see this disgusting texture bug, it completely RUINS the game. Ever since I bought ArmA I havent had a chance to just play and enjoy the game, every time I start the game i spend the whole time tweaking settings to try and get rid of this bug!!!!!

sc1po1.jpg

I would not have paid my hard earned money for this game if I knew it had such terrible problems like this.

PLEASE make sure this bug is fixed in the next patch or I will want a refund for false advertising of the requirements for this game.

And to those who tell me to its my system, *go away* because I have tried EVERYTHING under the sun to fix this problem and nothing works. And apparently this texture bug never existed in 1.04

signed,

Pissed off customer.  banghead.gif

its already on the bug tracker as far as i know.

Cool, looks like you've got a Lego mod for the game wink_o.gif

That's not just a texture bug!

I see that sometimes in MP after a while. It doesn't last long tho.

Please, for the love of all that is holy, PLEASE FIX THIS MOST HIDEOUS AND ANNOYING BUG I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED IN ANY GAME.

everywhere i look i see this disgusting texture bug, it completely RUINS the game. Ever since I bought ArmA I havent had a chance to just play and enjoy the game, every time I start the game i spend the whole time tweaking settings to try and get rid of this bug!!!!!

img]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/9727/sc1po1.jpg[/img]

I would not have paid my hard earned money for this game if I knew it had such terrible problems like this.

PLEASE make sure this bug is fixed in the next patch or I will want a refund for false advertising of the requirements for this game.

And to those who tell me to its my system, *go away* because I have tried EVERYTHING under the sun to fix this problem and nothing works. And apparently this texture bug never existed in 1.04

signed,

Pissed off customer.  banghead.gif

Well said mate, your not the only one.

Like yourself  I have tried everything under the sun to get this damn texture bug to go away. But it won't, its a problem with the game itself and we should all get a bloody refund. BBfore they actually sold the game to all us 'diehard OFP' fans they should have actually tested the thing to see if it works with their advertised RECOMMENDED SPEC.

Perhaps then they would have changed the recommended spec to:

Intel Core Duo 2

4Gig RAM

£399 512MB Video Card NOT MADE BY ATI, SAPPHIREetc

Then below the spec they should've wrote

This setup will give you a smooth 20FPS on ARMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anything less will give you a slide showa and pretty polygons

The ATI cards run fine.... You just can't have an ati card with an intel chipset and run it for a long time.

Oh, and... erm... don't quote images or the mods will skin you!

This bug seems to be reduced quite a bit since the new beta patch, so it seems that BIS is working on it.

If it still affects you badly, try dropping texture detail.

i have the same after patchin from 1.02 PL to 1.05

i posted many pictures as this on this forum

many people have such problem

after 1.05 i wanted uninstall this game, because performance lowered for many percent

i installed 1.05 + beta patch, i must make some tests too if it help

but belive me , i can post so many screens like this

before 1.05 i wan not satisied with game performance , but after 1.05 huh

err it doesn't matter what setting I drop the Texture Detail to. It's still there no matter what setting I change.

im testing the 1.06 patch and the bug is still present there, just the same if not worse.

and somehow I've managed to make it even worse now, with textures taking almost a whole minute or two just to load in!! argghh.

The ATI cards run fine.... You just can't have an ati card with an intel chipset and run it for a long time.

It's not that simple.

I have an outdated system:

P4 3000mhz @ 3450mhz Northwood (HT off)

i865-PE chipset (PAT/MAM off)

2x512mb corsair matched ram at 2.5,3,3,5 @ 230mhz fsb

raedon 9600XT 128mb overlocked by ~10%

2x 160gb sata (1) raid 0 array

I never ever seen the low LOD bug, nor any performance degradation over time in any version of ArmA.

i thought this was a RAM or V-RAM issue..???

i may be completely wrong though.

but i can say its either that i went to 512 meg video card..or that i went from 1.5 gig, to 3 gig of ram...

or a little of both. who knows,

but i dont get "lego wars" look anymore.

I get this after a while, texture taking time to long, and, at least on my system, it is completely related to ATI drivers handle leak bug.

Problem fixed with Catalyst 6.7, for me.

err it doesn't matter what setting I drop the Texture Detail to. It's still there no matter what setting I change.

im testing the 1.06 patch and the bug is still present there, just the same if not worse.

and somehow I've managed to make it even worse now, with textures taking almost a whole minute or two just to load in!! argghh.

Slow harddrive maybe? Try defragging it. The bug doesn't seem to affect me much with the beta patch. I do see it occasionally for a couple seconds, but not as bad as what you are describing.

Your harddrive may be a problem. It might just be slow and/or old or maybe it needs a defrag.

It probably wont help, but try updating graphics card drivers from the ATI/Nvidia site.

I get this after a while, texture taking time to long, and, at least on my system, it is completely related to ATI drivers handle leak bug.

ive tried catalyst 6.7 - problem was still there.

im currently using the latest ATI Catalyst drivers (and i dont get process handles going over 257 so i CANT be the memory leak)

and it definately CANT be the ATI memory leak because people with Nvidia cards are getting this texture problem ffs

my hard drive is completely defragged. When these texture bugs happen, my HD doesnt even seem to be loading anything...

ITS A BUG PEOPLE, ITS NOTHING TO DO WITH SYSTEM SETTINGS

"

fasad wrote:

I have an outdated system:

I never ever seen the low LOD bug, nor any performance degradation over time in any version of ArmA.

"

the same voices in my country

people with low computers have no problems

i have PC bought for arma premiere in PL in december 2006

AMD X2 3800, 2*1GB corsair extreme, Nvidia 7900 and i have a lot of problems with graphics, i wanted uninstall and throw game to trash

now i have all on "low" :/

i made HDD tests and people here told that i have fast HDD

in Poland we observed that problems have people with new PC huh.gif?

all hi,

i have this "lego mod" problem since i installed the 1.05 beta patch.

high res textures disapear from time to time, but the higher view distance by same performance is incredible.

system: x2 5000, gf 7800 gs+ 512MB, 2gb infineon ram

evrything runs fine on mid to high settings@ 1280*1024 but this lego problem is still resistant. with 1.05 evrything is good without viewdistance

im currently using the latest ATI Catalyst drivers

Does it happen right at launch or after playing for a while?

In the later case, could you monitor the number of system handles and see if it raises dramatically (> 1000 handles used after you launched ArmA)

In which case it is the ATI driver bug kicking in.

Still on my system, the more quality I put in settings, the faster the issue arised. When it arised, the higher I had set texture quality, the worst it was (texture being veeeery long to load).

I still have it in specific occasion, which are complete drawing of a scene for the 1st time, when the mission use a setPos to relocate me, the scenery must be changed all at once, and then, it is too hard for my graphic card to follow, it loads all the textures slowly.

Typically in Berzerk at some respawn, for example the first respawn, the main base takes a long time to load. But after this initial scenery loading, all is fine. Unless ofc I respawn to another spot far away and never rendered by my PC (for example, 1st respawn into a forest area, when the engine has loaded nearly zero tree and bush before because I was fighting in urban area).

These are 1 time appearance of said bug, and for specific reasons. I don't get them anymore like I used to before reverting to 6.7, when I had it (+ HDD working like mad) after 1h or so of playing

no, as I just said i do not have handles going up - i checked the other day.

so its not the ATI memory leak.... i dont get decreased performance over time... the texture bug is present from the very first moment I start a mission...

it doesn't just happen when I respawn or load a new map, it happens all the time - if i just move my head to look the other way suddenly all the building become ugly lego blocks

im currently using the latest ATI Catalyst drivers (and i dont get process handles going over 257 so i CANT be the memory leak)

and it definately CANT be the ATI memory leak because people with Nvidia cards are getting this texture problem ffs

my hard drive is completely defragged. When these texture bugs happen, my HD doesnt even seem to be loading anything...

ITS A BUG PEOPLE, ITS NOTHING TO DO WITH SYSTEM SETTINGS

The last thing I would do is to put everyone in the same basket.

You can very easily have the same symptoms (which are simply textures loading slowly) for COMPLETELY different reasons on 2 systems.

So, of course, my descriptions are completely unrelated to the issues seen on NVidia-based systems.

Nonetheless, I had the same symptom, but for a completely different reason that said NVidia users.

It's not a single issue, if you ask me. It's different problems, bugs, or sometimes bad settings and PC setup, triggering the same effect.

From the reports, there's definitely something dodgy from 1.02 to 1.05 for 8800 users (and probably also other NVidia cards). There's also the ATI handle leak bug. And there are probably numerous other reasons for these issues to appear.

It could very well be the 8800 issue impacting other cards, but it doesn't impact everybody.

if I may ask, deevius, what GC are you using, and what settings did you put in game?

Well, either way it's a CRIME for these game companies to be releasing unfinished games with so much problems.

I guess thats one of the things that makes the BIS crew pull their hairs out while trying to find a solution for everyone.

Its not like they wouldnt know about this since a good while but obviously its not that easy to fix.

I for myself also encounter it but normally only when i switch from a soldier to another unit that is far away from me, takes a few seconds till everything looks ok again.

For me the grass still is the frames killer even if i have it on lowest ( lowest with grass visible ) setting.

if I may ask, deevius, what GC are you using, and what settings did you put in game?

GC?

and i wont bother telling you what settings i use, because ive tried 10 million different combinations of video settings and nothing works

edit: if you mean specs...

AMD Athlon 2800+

VIA MS-7061 botherboard, Integrated AC'97 Audio

1 GB RAM

X800 Pro 256mb AGP videocard

120gb SATA harddrive

i do plan on upgrading soon when i can afford, but i want to atleast be able to enjoy the game until then sad_o.gif