Sign in to follow this  
major_upset

Women civilians

ive been really lazy, ive just skimmed the posts.

But we do have a female civ model in arma.

That TV Presenter bird we have to keep rescuing, can't remember her name.

Doesn't she have std anims?

oh and why not have kids, sheep, dogs cats etc?

They're all valid for inclusion in a battlefield. Remember the OFP "Bananna Republic" mod (I can't remember name at mo, but had male /female civs that threw rocks at you).

I think its down to the morality of the player/mission maker to decide how to use em.

Personally, I'd like to have firefights in populated areas, but come mission end, to be "Failed" if i kill a civ, rather than an immediate failureand cessation of the mission, it would really promote decent fire control.

You will ALWAYS get some fool who thinks i'ts c00l to grease civs/kids/pets in game. But we cant be dominated by the lowest common denominator.

rgds

LoK

No we don't,speak for yourself..women civilians fine..military?Lets not go too far..maybe resistance side. Or custom mods sure,to each his own, but the default units should stay the way they are.

I hope this ungrammatical riposte wasn't directed at me!

This pointless argument has been done to death already

in another thread.

why not make it so that children can only feature in cut scenes before and after mission and make it so that they are incvinclible so evem if somebody did find a way to kill them it would not work.

I don't see the point of having them in and then making them invincible. Putting them in just for the point of putting them in is.....well, pointless.

Might as well put hobbits in. At least no one would object on moral grounds to someone killing a hobbit. And on the plus side they are about the same size as children.  wink_o.gif

I dont think they need to be invincible, but it stops those few killing the children on purpose which is why everyone says they don't get put in.

I would vote for adding children.

Nothing makes a war as horrible as corpses of children, and even seeing this simulated should make everyone ponder about the abyss which every conflict represents.

I just fear they'd censor ArmA pretty quickly then.

why don't we just make them as addons? I know we don't have the tools yet, but when we get 'em we can make anything we'd like

No we don't,speak for yourself..women civilians fine..military?Lets not go too far..maybe resistance side. Or custom mods sure,to each his own, but the default units should stay the way they are.

I hope this ungrammatical riposte wasn't directed at me!

This pointless argument has been done to death already

in another thread.

Don't worry the "we want women in ArmA!" thread will resurface on the forum from time to time until BIS/some modders eventualy release women in ArmA.

Then the next thread will be "we want women in bikinis and mini-skirts in ArmA!". biggrin_o.gif

Just kidding.

I want Armed Assualt is more important for me.

A non bugged one you mean biggrin_o.gif You're right. 1.04 wasn't too bad anyway.