Sign in to follow this  
bravo 6

Default Radio Sounds

A minor flaw in all versions so far.

BIS released officials version to the stores but in the terms of sounds there are lots that are missing so far.

Since 1.02 we have missing some default radio sounds.

When leader command players/ais there are some command sounds that miss.

Why is that?

Will BIS complete this sound list?

per example:

the old sounds from OFP "All, keep low." not present any more, only the "All, crouch" text but no sound.

We now have more players in our command, why there's no sound for these players/ais 13, 14 ,15 ,16, 17, and so on.. (will they exist btw?)

Why can't we have all command sound's present in our version.

Will they fix this for the 1.06?

I know there are more important matters to fix first but the most used commands shoud be present.

Is it just a matter of time so we can have all default sounds in our version?

note: there might exist some other sounds that are not present, please mention them.

Just as a note to the "We now have more players in our command, why there's no sound for these players/ais 13, 14 ,15 ,16, 17, and so on.. (will they exist btw?)" : AFAIK, group sizes are unlimited or nearly so in ArmA, and I don't think we need something like "467, move to, that, TREE, at, 6 o'clock!" as a sound file wink_o.gif

Regards,

Wolfrug

Just as a note to the "We now have more players in our command, why there's no sound for these players/ais 13, 14 ,15 ,16, 17, and so on.. (will they exist btw?)" : AFAIK, group sizes are unlimited or nearly so in ArmA, and I don't think we need something like "467, move to, that, TREE, at, 6 o'clock!" as a sound file wink_o.gif

Regards,

Wolfrug

that said, close this thread and call me stupid.

the game is perfect, no flaws about that concern.

sorry to disturb. mad_o.gif

What's the point of posting this here? You would do better to put it in the bug tracker. There's nothing to give feedback on here, it's a bug - post it accordingly.

What's the point of posting this here? You would do better to put it in the bug tracker. There's nothing to give feedback on here, it's a bug - post it accordingly.

its not a bug.

its a flaw

edit: i once tryed to use that bug track. Should be simpler to use it.

I would rather the command voice say something along the line off, "squad get over there" instead of "squad"..... "move to"..... "tree".... "4 oclock"

Afterall, if you are the leader, you know where you have just told your team to move to, also if your just a grunt in a team, you have the waypoint marker, or just follow everybody else.

I just think the current way sounds stiff and silly.

its not a bug.

its a flaw

edit: i once tryed to use that bug track. Should be simpler to use it.

Well, you're wrong. It's a bug, and it should be reported as such. The fact that certain commands produce no sound is CLEARLY a bug, the fact that certain numbers are not said is also CLEARLY a bug.

You can fight reality and tell me they aren't, or you can post it as a bug and potentially see something done about it.

Also, if you can't figure out how to use Mantis for bug reporting... that's surprising. It is not a difficult system to use by any means.

Having 50 a.i. units replying to: "All, report status" would be a problem biggrin_o.gif .

But some comand sounds are indeed missing, like changing weapons in vehicles, etc.

Quote[/b] ]

that said, close this thread and call me stupid.

the game is perfect, no flaws about that concern.

sorry to disturb. mad_o.gif

I carefully did not, I believe, comment on anything else you said in that thread, all I gave was my own personal hypothesis on why BIS did not include sound files for units after the old OFP group limit of 12, that it simply was a matter of time, space and efficiency, as you certainly realize. I apologize if it sounded like I was calling you stupid.

Regards,

Wolfrug

Having 50 a.i. units replying to: "All, report status" would be a problem biggrin_o.gif .

But some comand sounds are indeed missing, like changing weapons in vehicles, etc.

Those sounds where never in OFP and I assume they are simply not in ArmA. Only major commands actually have radio speak, for instance telling an AI to pick up a weapon merely shows the command on the radio, there is no voice for it and that's the way it was designed ... as it was in OFP smile_o.gif