Sign in to follow this  
Soldaat

bullet travel is doing weird

After updating to 1.5 my bullets fly everywhere, as you if you shoot when moving.

I guess a reinstall?

Ok did a reinstall but it didn't fixed it.

Look at picture.. I made a red dot where bullet impact is, you can see some sand flying there from the impact still.

My crosshair was on the same exact spot when shooting but look where my bullet went!huh.gif

weird.jpg

Use an original version of the game and don't use a no-cd crack.

Using any type of Anti DRM sofwtare cause copy protection to make you Aim like a girl.

Reinstall the original CD with code unistall all virtual drive crap on your pc ;}

now come on matt, u should know better than than?huh.gif??

i/we have that prob and i can tell ya that sometimes the aim is a bit random?

i find especially with the A-COG!

And i bought my-sprocket czech version in November and a 505 version in Feburary! confused_o.gif

now come on matt, u should know better than than?huh.gif??

i/we have that prob and i can tell ya that sometimes the aim is a bit random?

i find especially with the A-COG!

And i bought my-sprocket czech version in November and a 505 version in Feburary! confused_o.gif

There might be a bit of dispersion, but not to the extent that you see in that screenshot. When I played that training mission the rifle shot pretty much spot on.

Agreed!

But for some reason every now and then i get this random inaccuracy(spelling*) especially with the Acog and i think lots of ppl been moaning about the random-ness of the aim since 1.05?

Agreed!

But for some reason every now and then i get this random inaccuracy(spelling*) especially with the Acog and i think lots of ppl been moaning about the random-ness of the aim since 1.05?

Yes the M4 does get pretty inaccurate at longer distances. The problem Soldaat has seems to be more FADE related though.

pistols.gifrofl.gif

All my friends laugh at me when shooting, no fun.

But yes I used a no cd crack.

Thanks for info.

Using any type of Anti DRM sofwtare cause copy protection to make you Aim like a girl.

Reinstall the original CD with code unistall all virtual drive crap on your pc ;}

Not really necessary. I play fine here and I have Daemon Tools and some other bits and pieces installed and I have no problems with Arma or any other software.

I've noticed that if you're moving the mouse when you fire (even if the crosshair is spot-on when the gun fires), it seems like the moving barrel puts lateral inertia on the bullet, and your shots will not go where aimed. It could be all in my head, however; and I doubt you'd get that confused with the issue you're describing (which does sound like an "error"[?] with copy-protection)

i didnt even know if 'fade' has been confirmed to exist by any devs lol... i thought codemasters owned it...

But yeah... why the hell ask for help in the official forums then tell everyone ur ursing a no CD crack.

Jesus spare 20 quid if you wanna play...

i didnt even know if 'fade' has been confirmed to exist by any devs lol... i thought codemasters owned it...

But yeah... why the hell ask for help in the official forums then tell everyone ur ursing a no CD crack.

Just because someone is using a NoCD patch it doesn't mean their copy of the game is pirated. I use NoCD patches for most of my games simply because swapping discs around all the time (I tend to flick between games as most people would with TV channels) it can get really annoying and you'll find your discs get quite damaged rather quickly too.

It's basically just saving on time and effort.

Just because someone is using a NoCD patch it doesn't mean their copy of the game is pirated. I use NoCD patches for most of my games simply because swapping discs around all the time (I tend to flick between games as most people would with TV channels) it can get really annoying and you'll find your discs get quite damaged rather quickly too.

ARMA uses sceure rom which means a No-CD patch virtual drive is about as much use a Chocolate fire hose in an inferno.

Unistall your virtual drive to get ARMA to work.

ARMA uses sceure rom which means a No-CD patch virtual drive is about as much use a Chocolate fire hose in an inferno.

Unistall your virtual drive to get ARMA to work.

That makes no sense, the majority of games available these days use SafeDisc or SecuROM and NoCD patches are available for all those. Give it a week or two and I'm sure there will be one for ArmA as-well.

I'll stick to using the disc because having a 4GB file on my HD for no real purpose is almost as annoying, heh.

secuROM stops nothing. There are noCDs but they aren't even needed, the game runs as is with virtual drives. I say this not to encourage piracy but to urge publishers not to bother with secuROM. The only thing it does is *try* to take away fair use rights. I'm glad it fails, as it is nice not to wear out my disk. CDs sometimes seem as sensitive as iPod cases :D

Now, the existence of noCDs doesn't mean pirates win. BIS is very effective at thwarting pirates by blacklisting keys and such. The game can't be run by pirates (you can see their frustration on cd backup forums, from which they are promptly banned for attempting to run an illegal copy instead of a backup). They are thwarted, and secuROM has nothing to do with it, so I don't mind blasting secuROM a bit. It's just an inconvenience to legal owners. I wish the publishers would rely on BIS's effective methods instead of tacking on secuROM crap.

Fazit: no need to uninstall virtual drives. Only requirement is a legal copy and the key that came with it. Props to BIS for succesfully protecting their investment and I hope it stays that way.

secuROM stops nothing. There are noCDs but they aren't even needed, the game runs as is with virtual drives. I say this not to encourage piracy but to urge publishers not to bother with secuROM. The only thing it does is *try* to take away fair use rights. I'm glad it fails, as it is nice not to wear out my disk. CDs sometimes seem as sensitive as iPod cases biggrin_o.gif

Now, the existence of noCDs doesn't mean pirates win. BIS is very effective at thwarting pirates by blacklisting keys and such. The game can't be run by pirates (you can see their frustration on cd backup forums, from which they are promptly banned for attempting to run an illegal copy instead of a backup). They are thwarted, and secuROM has nothing to do with it, so I don't mind blasting secuROM a bit. It's just an inconvenience to legal owners. I wish the publishers would rely on BIS's effective methods instead of tacking on secuROM crap.

Fazit: no need to uninstall virtual drives. Only requirement is a legal copy and the key that came with it. Props to BIS for succesfully protecting their investment and I hope it stays that way.

Sorry MamiyaOtaru, the reasons you give for circumventing secure rom in ARMA are not justified. And sound like the excuses pirates give. Just buy buying a nocd software you have given money to people who want to HURT the games industry.

HUH?

Wear your CD's out, I played 2000 hours of BF2, DVD in drive, neither DVD or drive had any issue? I think DVD can be played nonstop for 10k-50k hours before it even starts to "wear out".

To lazy to put a Cd in a PC then remove it, fine I accept you use a virtual drive for that. But wearing your discs out by playing them (bollox), and if your worried about scratches on your disks. Look after them FFS, what to use a gaming PC? your first test is, can you look after you disc software...

Yes, of course you can use a virtual drive. And hope for patches to run the latest games without having you original CD/DVD in the drive BUT then when a game gets patched it can all stop working again. So that's a bit daft.

All virtual drives (nocd's) do is encourage Piracy, 10% of Virtual drive users may be using legal copies of their own games. The other 90% are running pirate copies and taking the pi*s. PC games are much cheaper than Console games and compared to DVD films very good value at £30 a game, they can provide 1000's of hours of entertainment. The Average Blockbuster Film DVD for £15 you watch once or twice.

I don't like secure rom or star force etc, they are known to be buggy and can cause issues even for legimate users. But the industry has to protect itself.

I want to play the game, i understand these comapnies want to protect their investment so I'm willing to install DRM software.

When you installed Arma they asked you NOT to run hacks/cracks/anti drm/reverse engineer the software etc etc. If your running a virtual drive you are doing this and should uninstall ARMA.

The amount of Arseholes who will spend 3000 dollars on a PC then refuse to pay 50 dollars for a game amaze me.

And of course virtual drives are what make the World Of Warcraft business model so atractive to games companies. No CD required in drive, as you need an account and you pay them £10 a month to play on a credit card and £30 for the game.

So games pirates be warned, carry on and the entire games industry will be demand your credit card details and a montly fee to play and they will be happy to let you run the game from the hard drive.

That's right games pirates get nowhere with World Of Warcraft copies do they?

Sorry MamiyaOtaru, the reasons you give for circumventing secure rom in ARMA are not justified. And sound like the excuses pirates always give. Just buy buying a nocd software you have given money to people who want to HURT the games industry.

fave pirate excuses:

I dont want to wear out my CD.

I change games often and find it a chore to swap a CD.

I'm a idiot and scratch my CD's so it saves me money.

It's legal I can do what i want*

*Generally in most countries it isn't anymore and 99% of the time the user agreement for a game asked you NOT to do this. I would love to see a games company write a patch that unistalls a game if it detects its a pirate or hacked version.

Hi all

There appear to be a lot of pirate whiners about.  wink_o.gif

Evertime BIS patch ArmA the pirates have to re crack ArmA it is amusing seeing their whining posts after each patch. A few of them are even stupid enough to post here.

With BIS having a policy of regular patches pirates are out of the game for a couple of months at a time everytime there is a patch. They then whine about the patch; hoping people wont patch as that leaves them with no servers to play on, patching also helps with the TK queens as a lot them are crackers too.

As to the persons in the post a No CD hack is against the EULA you agreed to when you installed ArmA; whether you have a legit copy or not; from the point you use one BIS and and the publisher owe you nothing and you are legaly required to unistall ArmA.

And since many No CD hacks have spyware, rootkits and include ID cloners you are not very safe using them but hey if you want viruses, malware and crackers using your computer that is your lookout I think such action is that of someone crazy_o.gif

Regards walker

Wow, a few of you seem to be on right high horses today. There are valid reasons but apparently you seem to want to dismiss them immediately as "stupid pirate excuses" so bothering to reply to anything in particular will probably just get torn apart, so I'll just let you both sit on your pedestals and look down on everyone else.

fave pirate excuses:

*Generally in most countries it isn't anymore and 99% of the time the user agreement for a game asked you NOT to do this.  I would love to see a games company write a patch that unistalls a game if it detects its a pirate or hacked version.

I bought my copy.... I don't use a crack but if there was a decent one out there (which there will be soon) I would use it.

Because regardless of the guys in here spouting crap from their mouths....

I DO get sick of switching CDs since my tower is in an awkward place.

My original OFP got messed up from being used so much meaning I had to buy a second copy. (The patches that removed the need for the CD were a godsend).

Accidents do happen and a fair few of my game cds DO get scratched.

I DID pay for my copy so I would have no moral conflict whatsoever using a crack which simply allows me to play without putting in a cd.

So far STEAM has been the only successful deterrent to piracy and even that has been worked around. Copy protection really does nothing but add a week or 2 to the time it takes for crackers to make the game available on the net and hurt us honest consumers who pay hard earned money, $99 I paid for my copy here in Australia.

Do you really have such a huge problem with us honest consumers making CD images then just mounting them with Daemon or using a NoCD crack so we can play while our $100 peices of shiny plastic sit safely in their packaging on a shelf.

fave pirate excuses:

*Generally in most countries it isn't anymore and 99% of the time the user agreement for a game asked you NOT to do this. I would love to see a games company write a patch that unistalls a game if it detects its a pirate or hacked version.

I bought my copy.... I don't use a crack but if there was a decent one out there (which there will be soon) I would use it.

Because regardless of the guys in here spouting crap from their mouths....

I DO get sick of switching CDs since my tower is in an awkward place.

My original OFP got messed up from being used so much meaning I had to buy a second copy. (The patches that removed the need for the CD were a godsend).

Accidents do happen and a fair few of my game cds DO get scratched.

I DID pay for my copy so I would have no moral conflict whatsoever using a crack which simply allows me to play without putting in a cd.

So far STEAM has been the only successful deterrent to piracy and even that has been worked around. Copy protection really does nothing but add a week or 2 to the time it takes for crackers to make the game available on the net and hurt us honest consumers who pay hard earned money, $99 I paid for my copy here in Australia.

Do you really have such a huge problem with us honest consumers making CD images then just mounting them with Daemon or using a NoCD crack so we can play while our $100 peices of shiny plastic sit safely in their packaging on a shelf.

thanx barry. i agree with you 100%.

it does seem to be a cheap way of getting an extra 5% volume to pump up the numbers. my ofp cd was scratched as well, and you should have heard the publisher (codemasters) when i tried to explain to them, why i needed a second disk.

and yes, i will be using a no-cd crack for my 100% legitimatly purchased cd when i feel it is up to pare.

Locking topic. Discussion about piracy and other workarounds are forbidden here. We'll start handing out PR's if this talk continues.