Sign in to follow this  
chinch123

back to OFP!

just bought OFP Geame Of The Year edition via amazon, already installed it and patched it to 1.96 - now, before i screw things up by installing a bunch of mods over each other, can you please help me out:

back then i used to play with a mod called ECP, which was REALLY GREAT as it added a lot of immersion and better graphics to the game. is there a new version of it, if yes, where to get it?

or do you recommend another such "all-in-one mod"? what about that ffur/slx i read about in the forum? is it similiar to ECP? better?

thanks for giving me some help and sorry for the naive questions...

confused_o.gif

Cant say I ever played ECP much, but FFUR is definitely the best total conversion for graphics and effects (excluding Nation specific mods).

ECP with GRAA is really good, ECP is much more advanced in content and improvements to the AI

thanks, do you know where i can get the newest version of ECP and GRAA?

Check the addons & mods: complete part of this forum for GRAA 3.0. Download it and then when you have extracted it to your OFP folder, check the ECP config folder in it. There should be a readme in it with a download link and how to install it. wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

got it. it is wonderful, no chance to get me to ffur/slx ;-)

man, OFP is so much way better than ArmA! Its just no comparison...

Also try out DXDLL (search forums) shall help your OFP look that bit extra nicer. biggrin_o.gif

Take a look at this site for Flashpoint mods & Addons:

Http://www.ofp.info/

ECP is one of my favorate mods, I prefer it to the FFUR style mods there are about, mainly due to the sizes but also because I like the old OFP style game.

Got to say though, create mod folders. A lot of things are not compatible with certain mods, such as ECP etc. To avoid clashes, use mod folders.

Check this: http://andrew.nf/OFP/BedtimeReading/modfolders.htm

and for those who wants to pimp up the OFP there's quite a few similar threads here, just browse a bit and you'll find them. Personally I recommend ECP backed with some visual and playgame enhancements (dxdll, modul sky, nature pack, some of the Sanctuary's anims pack ... )