Sign in to follow this  
rainbow

Grand Theft Auto 4 (GTA IV)

yey nice smile_o.gif

wohoo can't wait for the old GTA 3 times.

I remember back on the day when I first played GTA 3...first time full 3d graphics...getting out of my car, shooting some cops...getting away by their car and listening to riders on the storm - the doors.

you just have to love this game inlove.gif

You know that GTA SA, LCS, and VC both ran on the GTA3 engine?

Finally, a new engine. :P This is going to be a great game. Hopefully they get a PC one out so we don't need to spend money on PS3s.

Quote[/b] ]Hopefully they get a PC one out so we don't need to spend money on PS3s.

Thats exactly the point! They dont plan a PC version of it, (well they initially didnt plan one for the last either). And I am realy not into consoles. If a game has no editing and modification capabilities then it doesnt attract me at all.

How stupid is it, to release GTA IV only for the PS3 or other consoles?

When they don`t release it for PC, i will not buy it.

In a short time we outperform the Next Gen consoles with DX10 hardware.

I will not use an expensive, not upgradeable piece of hardware to run games.

I wont mind waiting a few months to play this one on the PC.

No PC then no IV for me, it wont kill me... i bought SA and it was a fun and lenghty game.

If a game has no editing and modification capabilities then it doesnt attract me at all.

Just the same position.GTA4 looks like Driver now.Smoothly!

In a short time we outperform the Next Gen consoles with DX10 hardware.

I will not use an expensive, not upgradeable piece of hardware to run games.

Erm, I have an xbox 360 and a PS3, they have some nice DX10 style shaders we don't yet have in DX9. But as for polygons, res and AA performance even a 7800 card with a dual core AMD 3800+ kicks the living shit out of either console. Hardware we already caught up 12 months ago its software we have lacked.

With the 8800/R600 and intel/amd Quad cores, in the next 12 months PC's catch up the consoles in every respect with DX10 (we get fancy shaders and effects) And games like Crysis will leave us PC gamers laughing (yet again) at the consoles.

Supreme Commander would implode either console, i think ARMA would unless you switch off aa and shadows and REALLY tone down the texturing and visual range.

The mere fact that PC's are about to hit the 1 gig VRAM barrier should mean something. COH at 512 meg texture is aweinspiring.

Just imgaine GTA 4 in about 12 months in DX10 with 1 gig textures.... running on a 9800...

I love my consoles, but I really love my pc, difference being both my coclsoles cost less than i sepnd on my PC each year. But like with cars if you want performance you have to spend some cash.

To be honest I'm somewhat dissapointed so far with teh GTA4 trailer, it doesn't look much better than Saints Row.

Damn...Imagine good old Mafia game with this engine inlove.gifwow_o.gif

Damn...Imagine good old Mafia game with this engine inlove.gifwow_o.gif

Yeah, Mafia was... refined, i would rather have a Mafia sequel than another GTA, imagine having the detailed interiors all loaded in there and a more dynamic and interactive world inlove.gif .

AFAIK GTA3 and all it's successors were planned for consoles first. Only when they see that they have a good profit, they release a PC version. I suppose the same scenario will happen this time.

I like Mafia more too. It had a much better story. GTA was always a fun game (a good one). When I finished Mafia, it was a huge satisfaction (regardless the ending). It's like a very long, good movie. Well, with you in the main role.

Mafia was weaker in the area of side "quests", there wasn't much to do except the main story. There was, but all that felt empty for me. IMO in GTA it was better connected to the main game.

AFAIK GTA3 and all it's successors were planned for consoles first. Only when they see that they have a good profit, they release a PC version. I suppose the same scenario will happen this time.

I like Mafia more too. It had a much better story. GTA was always a fun game (a good one). When I finished Mafia, it was a huge satisfaction (regardless the ending). It's like a very long, good movie. Well, with you in the main role.

Mafia was weaker in the area of side "quests", there wasn't much to do except the main story. There was, but all that felt empty for me. IMO in GTA it was better connected to the main game.

If you like GTA or Mafia, Saints rows on the xbox 360 has similar GFX to GTA4, but much better missions, travel, gunplay, etc etc, even a GPS nav system to guide you to where you want to go. In fact they just made GTA better.

It's gunna be intresting to see if GTA 4 robs some ideas from SR ;}

Is GTA4 taking place in a real city?

What's with the new "character?"

Will be interested to see how this develops. As some have mentioned, the bar that was originally set by the franchise has been bumped up.

I look forward to seeing what directions they go. Hopefully it will be more than new things to do with hookers.