Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA

Some new toys for the next release:

A new scripted targeting HUD with a circle that follows the target when it is inside the HUD boundaries and marks the vector to follow to reacquire the target when it gets out of HUD's area (no more glowing crosses tounge2.gif ).

hud_aa.jpg

SEAD capability for single seat fighters wink_o.gif

hud_ar.jpg

Excellent! you are amazing Mando!

p.s Im having trouble adding SAM's to my mission. If I add the code

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

// Setup 3 weak AI SAMs

_posunit = 0;

_ttype = ["Air"];

_quantity = 24;

_minrange = 100;

_maxrange = 4000;

_rof = 5;

_pos = [0,1,2];

_scan = 360;

_mink = 0;

_enemies = [east,sideEnemy];

_sams = [sam1, sam2, sam3];

for [{_i=0},{_i < count _sams},{_i = _i + 1}] do

{

_disp = _sams select _i;

[_disp, _posunit, _ttype, _quantity, _minrange, _maxrange, _rof, _pos, _scan, _mink, _enemies, false, false, true, true]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_basicsam_unit2.sqs";

Sleep 1;

};

I get the error

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Error in expression <

if (_createtrigger) then

{

_trigger = createTrigger ["EmptyDetector", getPos _>

Error position: <createTrigger ["EmptyDetector", getPos _>

Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected

File D:\Documents and Settings\Fantastic Mr Fox\My Documents\ArmA\mpmissions\co_30_Combined_Arma_v0-2a.Sara\mando_missiles\units\mando_missileattacker.sqf, line 234

I have all the scripts in mission folder, in the correct folder structure, included, exec'd etc.

By the code you have there, your sams should be named sam1, sam2 and sam3. Are these three sams existing and named this way? Note that you may name them as desired, but the indicated units must exist for mando_missileattacker.sqf to not give you that error.

This is the init.sqf of anti_radar.Sara mission without the Su34B line.

Make sire that it is init.sqf and not init.sqs, that your units exist and that you execute mando_missileinit.sqf before any other mando missile script.

It works fine for me.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

// init.sqf

// Mando Missile ArmA initialization

[]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_missileinit.sqf";

Sleep 1;

// Setup 3 weak AI SAMs

_posunit = 0;

_ttype = ["Air"];

_quantity = 24;

_minrange = 100;

_maxrange = 4000;

_rof = 5;

_pos = [0,1,2];

_scan = 360;

_mink = 0;

_enemies = [east,sideEnemy];

_sams = [sam1, sam2, sam3];

for [{_i=0},{_i < count _sams},{_i = _i + 1}] do

{

_disp = _sams select _i;

[_disp, _posunit, _ttype, _quantity, _minrange, _maxrange, _rof, _pos, _scan, _mink, _enemies, false, false, true, true]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_basicsam_unit2.sqs";

Sleep 1;

};

Ah, I moved the code over into my init.sqf. I was origionally calling another script from the init but when I move the code over it works fine. Thanks for the help smile_o.gif

Well great work on the scripts really really cool stuff. tounge2.gif

I did have a quick scan through the pages but may have missed it.

How can I have an enemy tank which only fires upon incoming missiles so I can use it to protect certain areas of the island from enemy missiles. But I dont want this tank to fire upon anything else. Plus how can I make this tank slightly more in accurate so it doesnt always knock the missile out of the sky?

Cheers.

Check mando_missilelab.sara intro (initintro.sqf), there you will find two Strykers (pat1 and pat2) intercepting incoming scuds by their own. In that case the strikers will target any air unit or incoming missile. If you dont want your unit to even attack normal air units, set _ttype = []; You may use any vehicle type, not only strykers, you will need to adjust the firing position depending on vehicle size btw.

In that mission the units are firing missiles configured in mando_patriot.sqs which are quite effective against detectable mando missiles, if you want more inaccurate shots, you may copy mando_patriot.sqs with a different name and change the firing parameters there, so you may have quite unaccurate missiles (decreasing maneuverability, accuracy, acceleration, top speeds and scan arcs).

You may use also mando_basicsam_unit2.sqs, which uses average accuracy and skill missiles.

question is it possible to force one of the missiles target a helicopter for example a blackhawk, want to get one shot down in a cut scene?

feel free to "DUR" me if its a stupid question.

Of course, you may execute mando_missile.sqf script directly, so you may launch a missile from anywhere to anywhere and setting its flight parameters at will.

To help you to construct the parameter list for the script execution you may use mando_missile_lab.sara mission, there you will find a dialog based missile configurator to configure any parameter of a missile and fire it against a set of different target types. Each parameter has its corresponding tooltip explainig how it affects a missile's flight envelop of seeking/tracking characteristics.

The resulting parameters are stored into an edit control from where you may copy them and paste in your scripts.

And remember that this is an sqf script, execute it with execVM.

Thanks for the help so far however got another problem tounge2.gif

I have made a video in fact cause I thought it was easier to see how it was missing as opposed to just missing a bit off or else...

Well as you can see, I selected the area I wished the missile to hit, selected the map mark target and selected fire. The missile was never really on course to hit the target and missed by some distance. The target was only about 700-800m away.

I am using the scripts as in the Stryker AT demo...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[["Stryker_TOW"], 12, 12, ["Vehicles"], "AT Console", _mcctypeaascript, [0,1,0.5], [0,1,0.25], 1, -1, 0, [], 3]execVM"mando_missiles\mcc\mando_mccallow_by_type.sqf";

Using that in my init.sqf file to call the scripts and all works fine just the missile rarely hits the target. There are times when the missile is perfectly on target but for no reason at last minute deviates of course and misses.

I have not atlered any of the scripts and the demo mission seems to work perfectly fine, I have copied all needed lines from the description and the init file so I cant see any reason for this to happen.

Dont know if it has antything to do with it but there are a LOT of enemy on the map 200+ squads whistle.gif

Thanks for help.

which is the value of _mcctypeaascript ?

"mando_missiles\mcc\mcc_types\mando_missilecontrolon_ag.sqs"; ?

anyway, 200 squads?? and you still have any CPU free to guide missiles? tounge2.gif

EDIT: After reviewing your video I know where your problem is, you are, your missile's seeker range is 600m and you are firing it in inertial mode (just a bit away of 600m), when the missile reaches the target area it is 100m above ground and a bit less of 600m away of the target, with a vertical scan arc of only 65 degrees and low vertical agility (3), the missile is not able to dive in time and lose track of the target.

If you want to fire at these small ranges you may create a custom script from a copy of mando_missilecontrolon_ag.sqs and change there the parameters to increase seeker range and agility. Best way to configure missiles is to use the laboratory.

Well thats the problem the missile still misses far distant targets and I have hit that target before just hits rarely.

However I am thinking it may be due to performance? My computer does run slow when playing the mission since I play with all settings on full, I may make a small test mission and erase most of the squads and then give it a go.

Not sure if it will be the reason, just if the computer is running slow then scripts arent running as fast as they should possibly missing a loop or something in a script. I have noticed at the begining of the mission the music doesnt start at the exact same time since many scritps are being initialised.

Shall have a quick go.

if your mission is too heavy, this will affect the performance of any quick loop based script. You may increase vertical and horizontal skill of the missile from 3 to 5 or 6, which translates into more turn degrees per second.

Mando Missile ArmA 2.2 final will delay a bit while I make sure it will be able to hunt down targets under water as well as being launched below water. Meanwhile here are some clips including what is upcoming in the new version:

Mandoble

You replace standart missiles with this scripts - are there any AI issues about that (bots do not know who shot them. improper ratings etc ) ?

Will the next version be released asan addon so it can be easily used in missions\addons ?

... while I make sure it will be able to hunt down targets under water as well as being launched below water.

COOOOOL !! thumbs-up.gif

bdfy, no issues so far with AI firing ArmA missiles that are replaced by Mando ones. But for some reason ArmA units use their missiles minimally. Anyway the MMA suite has scripts to transform any ArmA unit in a missile launcher, so a script will control when and against what the missiles are fired instead of ArmA "uber-clever" AI.

Gnat, the first underwater firing tests against underwater targets are going quite well, but due the lack of adecuate objects in ArmA I'm using BuoySmall or BuoyBig for torpedo body and submerged fortresses as targets. As these two object classes (Buoys) are water-proff (they dont get damaged underwater) they can be used also as missile bodies for vertically launched missiles underwater. Of course I would like to have more credible p3d models for that wink_o.gif

Mandoble

So is there a way to apply your anti AA missle system for an addon ? I tried (just packed scripts dir in the pbo this time ) - scripts working, but i seee no visual flares...

Mandoble,

bdfy is right, if you could provide some kind of template for addonmakers, your scripts would be used much more.

Cannot be of any help there as I know nothing about addons. Anyway, mando_missileinit.sqf should be executed at the beginning of any mission in order to have flares, launch FX, detonations, interceptable missiles, etc.

In fact, this is a script template suite and while it includes many already configured missiles, warheads, smoke trails, ai launchers and launchers usable by players, the idea is that editors add their own cusmomized ones to their missions.

Basically an editor may change anything there or copy/paste and modify anything there to accomodate it to his mission needs. The scripts are designed to be used with any moveable object acting as missile and any vehicle or object as launcher.

Quote[/b] ]Cannot be of any help there as I know nothing about addons. Anyway, mando_missileinit.sqf should be executed at the beginning of any mission in order to have flares, launch FX, detonations, interceptable missiles, etc.

ok. now i can see flares. just have toplace this into chopper init <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[] execVM "\mando_missiles\mando_missileinit.sqf";

[_this select 0, 400, 1, 3, true] execVM "\mando_missiles\units\mando_missileecm.sqf"

But i want to specify number of flares in one shot, its color and model offser (position from which flares are fired).  Can you add this ? If not how can i specify it? What files shall i edit ?

mando_chaffflaredraw.sqf

10x. it was easy to edit it, but...

to use it in addon there're some options -

1. make addon (pbo with your scripts inc. edited one), but it can conflict with new version of your scripts (ifyouwil once release it as an addon)

2. you define path variable for al your scripts so it can be inserted into any addon pbo.

Anyway the best solution is your own script addon (with a lot more specified parameters), so that it can be easily used and updated by mission/addon makers. IMHO that's the only way to make it popular