Sign in to follow this  
ROBOTB9

Training- Combat Pilot Course

Well, so far i´m complete every training mission before. My english is not my native language and excuse me for that.

My problem is about pilot Super Cobra. Over a previous mission with Blackhank i don´t have any trouble with joystick and flight control.

But in mission above i just can not pilot the super cobra, i can´t touche in joystick and the chopper turn all around (left or right). when i gain some altitude (q) and i try to manouver to right or left, or go ahead or back, he super cobra comes to unplayable, i don´t know exactly what i have to do to keep it in course.

My joystick is a thrustmasters usb joystick. and any single touch to right or left, or ahead or back make my chopper "crazy" (just like i have make a all right movement, but consider the same thing to all directions).

I´m playng the game campaign and cam play with no troubles, only when i have to fly a super cobra, it´s for me is out of control, the joystick not response corretcly. Any tips or hint i will apprecciate(or maybe problems). With Blackhank i have no problems in control.

thanks in advance

i don't have joystck but i have the same problems fliying the cobra , is too hard , the blackhawk is far more easy to fly , but that damn cobra is a flying nightmare , but for the pilot not for the enemies ...

well, after your response i can´t imagine how can someone could control this baby. Could anyone control it ?

Indeed I can ... They are a touch sensitive but are perfectly flyable with practise smile_o.gif I use a PS2 controller and have configured all the buttons so I can use the two analogues to steer and look at the same time, and also the D Pad to control the rear propeller, works great!

I have no problems flying them aswell, even though my joystick is already a bit old and sometimes doing what he wants (Sidewinder Precision Pro). You just need to practice, sooner or later you'll get the hang of it wink_o.gif

Try changing the joystick sensitivity.

It's quite a handful. One small visual aide for judging pitch in flight is that at there is a red marker on the front of the canopy on the left - this is the horizon marker for hovering flight.

Shame that the mod developers haven't included one for the Apache. huh.gif

Is there anyway to do that ingame? I can't find a way to do it in my joystick settings.

Is there anyway to do that ingame? I can't find a way to do it in my joystick settings.

Yes, same here... i can change the joystick sensitive and so far i´m having hardware issues (hard drive locks).

It´s happen only with ARMA....

the game has many bugs.

i give up from it

Refer to this thread for how to change the joystick sensitivity ingame. And sorry I didn't reply sooner, I have been caught up with my study and other things.

I'm using the THRUSTMASTER FIRESTORM DUAL POWER too but with no problems at all. In fact, I find the cobra very easy to fly.

If you have the dual analogue joysticks on your pad like I do I assigned the left one to Nose up/down and the right one to Bank left/right. This avoids any slight accidental banking when flying. The shoulder pads are the rudders.

Are you certain you haven't got the left and right controls confused with 'RUDDER'. Trying to rudder above 50 causes real problems.

Thanks,

I just find what are wrong.... It´s just the Auto Hover on feature. I turn it off.... and no more problems.

But thanks for the tips.

I just find what are wrong.... It´s just the Auto Hover on feature. I turn it off.... and no more problems.

Heh - you silly sausage. smile_o.gif

I find Auto Hover quite useful to stop sometimes.

While I've been too scared to try the joystick out with ArmA I've become decent at politing the cobra with ym mouse.

sounds like your sensitivity is up too high