Sign in to follow this  
DUX0726

Funny Review of ArmA

I know I have to do it, but people with HIGH end machines should be able to run the game at high without huge FPS drops. Guess what, it works for half, not for the other half.

So you would prefer if all the graphics were limited, and normal was the new maximum? The detail is what makes the game demanding, ArmA will be around for a longer time than most games so future hardware will get to push the graphics even higher.

Did you even read my post? I said it works great for one half, not so great for the other half. And that's something that's just strange and shouldn't happen.

Did you even read my post? I said it works great for one half, not so great for the other half. And that's something that's just strange and shouldn't happen.

Yes, I read it. It's not strange, it's what happens with high polycounts, high res textures + normal maps and a huge island. I'm sure an 8800GTX will be able to run the game at very high settings with Vsync just fine. But if he really wants to turn the resolution and AA up he will need to start optimizing things, such as turning "frames to render ahead" down.

The game is not limited to fit current hardware at max settings. As I already said, future hardware will handle higher settings like turning up viewdistance.

I agree.  Feeling good about setting the slider to 'High' will not make this look better, it will limit the visibality or some other feature instead of allowing this game to be seen in all its glory.  'Should' be able to play on High?  This is a bold statement people make that seems to imply they know what and how things are being processed.  The low to high range is not limited to todays hardware.  It is not campaired to other games.  It is the range of capabilities of this engine, period.

BIS gave us a powerful car that does not have the proper tires designed yet.  When the other hardware Mfg.s get to work, we'll have an even better game.

Yet I have a legitimate version and have the same problem.

Turn off VSYNC, tripple buffer in your GPU control software.

Make sure you have a decent FPS.

Don't use POST PROCESS high,  and you can't miss at 2km.

I have an ATI 1300X. Runs the game ultra-smooth at low res. Post process is set to the lowest, triple buffering is disabled on my GPU. I don't know where VSYNC is, but I'm sure that's probably not on either.

Still have the problem of the M4 dispersing it's shots randomly on targets EXACTLY more than 100m away. This problem DOES NOT OCCURR with ANYTHING IRONSIGHTED.

Doesn't look like a hardware issue to me.

Maybe if he had learnt how to press ALT when aiming he could have saved a paragraph or two of hate.

If you're not "LOL-ing" then you've missed the whole point of the post. There was a disclaimer even. You guys who are acting like this post was some sort of question have lost the plot. This post was ment to be nothing more than a belly laugh for those who have that capability. (i.e. It wasn't asking, it was TELLING) If you don't like it...can it...this post was not for you. I'm amazed at how some of you guys will try to turn ANYTHING into a fight. Damn, I'm sorry I posted (reposted, whatever) it now.

btw, for those who don't know--and have even failed to recognise after being told by many here after-the-fact--that whole site is just a COMEDY site. More than likely the reviewer has never even seen the damn game for cryin' out loud. I didn't think it took much of an I.Q. to realize that but I stand corrected.

"Take me now lord!"

One half of users have well run, fully optomised rigs and install the latest drivers and run only software that won't interfere with games. They don't have office on their PC or mcafee internet security etc etc etc

The other half have pirate crap all over there PC's have not defragged there machine ever. Install new drivers over old drivers. Plug in 50 external devices with non XP/vista drivers then moan they are not getting the same performance as power users or review benchmarks.

If you have a top end PC and ARMA runs like crap. Reinstall Windows XP SP2, install just ARMA with the latest hardware drivers and then see if it works. Because for 95% of people that would FIX ALL issues.

Battlefield 2, Far Cry and half life 2 all caused this same issue, for most their PC's did met the spec to run the game ok. But there PC was a mess. PC gaming takes knowledge and hardwork as well as hardware. If you don't agree with that buy a console and have less stress.

If you're not "LOL-ing" then you've missed the whole point of the post. There was a disclaimer even. You guys who are acting like this post was some sort of question have lost the plot. This post was ment to be nothing more than a belly laugh for those who have that capability. (i.e. It wasn't asking, it was TELLING) If you don't like it...can it...this post was not for you. I'm amazed at how some of you guys will try to turn ANYTHING into a fight. Damn, I'm sorry I posted (reposted, whatever) it now.

btw, for those who don't know--and have even failed to recognise after being told by many here after-the-fact--that whole site is just a COMEDY site. More than likely the reviewer has never even seen the damn game for cryin' out loud. I didn't think it took much of an I.Q. to realize that but I stand corrected.

"Take me now lord!"

People get grumpy as people post reviews of ARMA like that on gamespot.com. And they say SH*t GFX, Sh*T gameplay 1 out of 10 I'm going back to "pew pew" Counterstrike causes thats real and has fab graphics and runs fine on my Atari ST!

So even a joke review upsets the fans of ARMA, I see ARMA and see the most stunning technical achievment yet on the PC. Others sit a bitch, that the AI can shoot them through a bush....

Funny vs ARMA would have been saying:

During multiplayer, many online gamers have to go days without sleep or food trying to find were some other cock abandoned a helicopter or Fuel Truck to complete a coop mission.

The woods are rendered so realistic, some players team up to drive in the civilian cars and compete in Dogging competions deep in the foilage while the battle rages elsewhere. hence the demand for realistic female soldiers to be added to the game...

If shot in the leg, you are left crawling looking for a medic to help you, if shot in the crotch, your voice becomes female and high pitched and you lose all skills in driving or parking due to the massive realism implimented in ARMA.

The American side of the island is unlrealistic as there are no drive-through McDonalds, Malls or gunshops (No wonder they were leaving!wink_o.gif

The entire fight between boths side boils down to control of the only toilet on the 400sq km island located in Corazol. Both sides are fed up with crapping in the woods. The absence of toilets and mirrors in the game so far explain the lack of Bikinni clad girls in the beach resorts.

"Take me now lord!"

People get grumpy as people post reviews of ARMA like that on gamespot.com.  And they say SH*t GFX, Sh*T gameplay 1 out of 10 I'm going back to "pew pew" Counterstrike causes thats real and has fab graphics and runs fine on my Atari ST!

So even a joke review upsets the fans of ARMA,  I see ARMA and see the most stunning technical achievment yet on the PC. Others sit a bitch, that the AI can shoot them through a bush....

Funny vs ARMA would have been saying:

During multiplayer, many online gamers have to go days without sleep or food trying to find were some other cock abandoned a helicopter or Fuel Truck to complete a coop mission.

The woods are rendered so realistic,  some players team up to drive in the civilian cars and compete in Dogging competions deep in the foilage while the battle rages elsewhere. hence the demand for realistic female soldiers to be added to the game...

If shot in the leg, you are left crawling looking for a medic to help you,  if shot in the crotch, your voice becomes female and high pitched and you lose all skills in driving or parking due to the massive realism implimented in ARMA.

The American side of the island is unlrealistic as there are no drive-through McDonalds, Malls or gunshops (No wonder they were leaving!wink_o.gif

The entire fight between boths side boils down to control of the only toilet on the 400sq km island located in Corazol.  Both sides are fed up with crapping in the woods.  The absence of toilets and mirrors in the game so far explain the lack of Bikinni clad girls in the beach resorts.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! notworthy.gif