Sign in to follow this  
McShaka

Arma will not launch/ load/ start

Hope you left room in the bin for my copy. What a complete waste of my time and money banghead.gif

Hope you left room in the bin for my copy. What a complete waste of my time and money  banghead.gif

Yeah mate,the help you get here is just far too good.....NOT,alot of farking crock and bull.

hi people, i solved the problem, it was the realtek ac97, i unistalled the driver, played the game and after that i installed the last drivers for realtek and work ok

smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif thanks for advices

hi people, i solved the problem, it was the realtek ac97, i unistalled the driver, played the game and after that i installed the last drivers for realtek and work ok

smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif thanks for advices

Doesn't work for me banghead.gif

mcshaka unistall the driver from start/control panel/add-remove programs after that you try run the game whithout installing the audio drivers

mcshaka unistall the driver from start/control panel/add-remove programs after that you try run the game whithout installing the audio drivers

Did it all....doesn't work huh.gif

Posting cracks and other types of piracy work arounds is strictly forbidden.

Posting cracks and other types of piracy work arounds is strictly forbidden.

To add to the above it seems if you have ever installed anti DRM software:

Alchol 120

Clone DVD

Any DVD

(basical Virtual drives and DVD region protection removal etc etc)

ETC ETC ETC,

Then secure-rom the copy protection for ARMA will kick in and ARMA will have all sorts of problems on your machine. This was rasied and tested in another post. Its most probable you need a Hard Drive FORMAT reinstall and DVD/ CD rom bios change to fix what the above ANTI DRM software does. As unistall (even from a trial version) may not fix the damage.

So if you have installed anything like the above in the past and even unistalled it then it's time for a new hard disk and a fresh install of XP.

I would like to note ARMA is NOT the only game that won't play because of this issue.

So although some people have had issues with drivers and hardware runnign Arma it also appears alot of people can't run ARMA as they have installed anti DRM software.

Read about secure rom here on there website

I just bought a SATA DVD drive (ASUS DRW-1814BLT) and it won't read my ArmA dvd. No firmware updates available and setting it to region 2 does nothing.

Anyone have this drive, and how did it work for you?

I try to start mine up but it just shows up in the toolbar for a millisecond and doesn't do anything useful. Im frustrated. banghead.gif  

the specs I know of are:

Graphics card: GEForce 7800

Sound card: SoundMAX HD Audio

help would be much appreciated.

I try to start mine up but it just shows up in the toolbar for a millisecond and doesn't do anything useful. Im frustrated. banghead.gif

the specs I know of are:

Graphics card: GEForce 7800

Sound card: SoundMAX HD Audio

help would be much appreciated.

Micro' same as above if you have any anti DRM software. There is a good chance that secure rom is saying no to arma running.

process explorer has been noted as an issue as well in other threads.

Ok it works now, after 2 weeks. I've added another clean windows xp installation at another partition (dual boot). Installed all latest drivers and installed ArmA. It's not the best solution but I can play now wink_o.gif

Tnx all

Cool, at least u'll get much better performance McShaka! Less windows processes biggrin_o.gif

And micropope, try creating another partition, install windows + necessary drivers and try installing ArmA. If it works. u've used something like Alcohol etc