Sign in to follow this  
sirex

trackir, when player attached problem

sorry for the dodgy title, i didnt know what else to call it.

Basically this is my problem. Trackir is working fine when im running about, or piloting a jet, or driving a humvee. right ? ... ok.

now when i get on a ladder, or sit in the back of a humvee, or chopper etc, my trackir snaps to the left of it's x axis, so im looking over my left shoulder when climbing the ladder for instance.

it works fine again once i exit the chopper or get off the ladder, and trackir still works when im on the ladder -- its just i have to look about 75% to the right to get my soldier to look forward.

does this happen to anyone else ? anyone know how to fix it ? its been driving me nuts.

- Si

well, i only got trackir after the update so i dont know if it existed before (and i really dont want to find out the hard way if possible).

when in a situation where its snapped to the left, centering does nothing (hence why i think its ArmA at fault).

to clarify, trackir works fine at all other times, and in all other games where i use it. its just climbing up ladders with your head at 45 to the screen its getting annoying fast.

it happens offline and online by the way. (i think, check tonight when i get home).

bump - yeah it happens both offline and online.

centering the trackir does do nothing for me, when on a ladder

bump - yeah it happens both offline and online.

centering the trackir does do nothing for me, when on a ladder

Glad you brought this up, just about to get a track IR, so for now stay off ladders and only pilot, or instant broken neck ;}

I need trackir as using triple head asect ratio when flying makes me fele ill in about 10-20 min's lol

ill download fraps and upload a video of it tonight.

i was thinking maybe i've double bound something, but i checked and i havnt.

hmmm...weird. I have TIR4 pro and version 1.05 of the game - certainly don't get this problem. You mention you checked to see if you had double-bound something and you said you hadn't. Be sure to be really sure about this because I've found that normally you have your trackIR on when you're setting up your keys because well...you're probably about to play! The problem here is that when you're assigning keys (and this has happened to me but luckily I noticed it), one small movement of your head or body will assign a TIR function to the key you were adjusting. Something that could easily go amiss! Anyway - something to try.

Vincent - when you send that message, PLEASE put in a word about the head movement in ironsight/zoom mode discussed here

Would be so much appreciated.

yeah they show up red if their double bound. so im pretty sure.

- also im using trackIR with just X and Y axis in ArmA, so i disabled the others in the profile editer of trackir, and this happens both when using the track clip pro and the hat (using clip pro and vector mode, respectively).

its driving me potty ;p tempted to reset all my binds and do em again, but that'd take ages due to arma's poor bind interface.

edit: typo

have you tried to pull your crosshair around and center it?

well, you wont have a crosshair, but sometimes when i get in as co-pilot, my view is jacked hard right, and i have to move my mouse to pivot my view back to center then it works.

have not had any issues on ladders though.

Hmmm, I can't seem to reproduce with my version of the software - anyone else have this issue in the 1.05 software?

Nope, I don't see this activity at all. Using TIR3 with 6DoF, latest drivers and ArmA 1.05

fixed !! (yay)

the problem was actually a bit more complicated than i thought. i use a nosromo hand controller and a joystick at the same time in armed assault (well, one for flying obviously)

(if anyone says armed assault cant do two controllers, their wrong. Just unplug the nostromo and plug it in after the game starts, anyhow)....

i played a min ago to fraps this and nothing happened, due to me rushing into the house sitting down and starting armed assault without the joystick which i normally never do, and the problem went away.

turns out the joystick had a double bind, not trackIR, which caused the guy to look left. i dont know why it only affected my man when on ladders and such, but when i recalibrated my joystick the problem vanished so i had a clue to look for. Removed the second bind now and it works a treat.

thanks all smile_o.gif happy camper again. spilt loads of beer trying to look to the right 80 degrees while climbing long towers.

Quote[/b] ]Vincent - when you send that message, PLEASE put in a word about the head movement in ironsight/zoom mode discussed here

No issues..... biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]fixed !! (yay)

Coolio, glad to hear it. Now you don't have to avoid ladders..... wink_o.gif