Sign in to follow this  
Heatseeker

The weapons thread.

Just too bad I have to keep the disc in the player. I usually use the no-cd's to keep my disc from being killed.

Well, well... I guess I'll have to live with it.

Now it's 2 games I can't use no-cd's with heh.. ArmA and BF2142.

Just too bad I have to keep the disc in the player. I usually use the no-cd's to keep my disc from being killed.

Well, well... I guess I'll have to live with it.

Now it's 2 games I can't use no-cd's with heh.. ArmA and BF2142.

Yeah, I understand that certainly. I do enjoy firing up my downloaded version whenever I feel the urge.

Lavandel

After reading your ranting about how poorly designed the game is because you can't hit anything and then it turned out that it's your fault by using a no-dvd patch...

Don't you think it's time to apologize?

Interesting. See, I still have randomization of scatter with an M4 aimpoint that occurss *exactly* after 100m

Any target under 100m will be hit like a laser with the aimpoint. I try raising my aim for targets beyond this range, but it's not bullet drop causing the misses or a sight zero, it's randomization.

This randomization does not seem to occurr with iron-sighted weapons, and CERTAINLY does not occur with any machine guns (SAW, RPK).

I bought the DL Enlgish v1.05 off of Sprockets, so my copy is legitimate.

Has anyone mastered the M4 aimpoint and figured out how to use it? I've single shotted over 12 rounds to a target 215m away with the dot center-of-mass for every shot without hitting ONCE. My AI squad ended up killing him. And if they weren't distracted, he would've killed me in 4 shots tops. What's the deal? huh.gif

Has anyone mastered the M4 aimpoint and figured out how to use it? I've single shotted over 12 rounds to a target 215m away with the dot center-of-mass for every shot without hitting ONCE. My AI squad ended up killing him. And if they weren't distracted, he would've killed me in 4 shots tops. What's the deal? huh.gif

Can this be issue with that head shot + collosion detection-issue (should be fixed in next version)? Aren't aimpoint zeroed to 400-500 meters (like ironsights) and in 200 meters bullet is at its highest point -> it hits head (if aimed to belly or chest) -> collosion detection kinda deflects bullet from hitting head (so it misses)? I don't know for sure, but it crossed to my mind...

Try aim to it's legs at 200 meters -> bullet hits belly or groin (ouch!wink_o.gif

hmm okay so no cd trigger fade, that might explain how my last coop missions where nothing but slow death.

I tried no cd because suddently after a reboot securom was obstinately refusing to start the game, even having the game cd in the drive, "security module couldn't be activated..."

I had the same problem. All the weapons felt like Star Wars stormtrooper rifles. crazy_o.gif

I'm glad I visited this thread because I was just assuming it was the v1.05 patch. A quick restoration of the original exes and the guns were feeling much better, like how they did in the ArmA demo and in OFP.

The whole FADE idea is an interesting one.

On one hand it works really well, crackers will make a crack and quickly try running around in the game. Seems to work fine, they'll release their crack, but in reality the game is unplayable.

On the other hand it can be bad because many people wouldn't expect no-cd cracks to be the problem's cause. They might badmouth ArmA (and maybe drive away a potential buyer or two) because of terrible weapons, without ever knowing it's their own fault.

Like most things, there are pros and cons.

On a side note it I wonder how it works multiplayer? How many good players out there are banging their heads trying to figure out why they're always getting beaten by novices? banghead.gifrofl.gif

Is there a way I can scale back my ArmA to a previuos version? I DL'd the English version which is stock 1.05, but it's so bad it is basically unplayable. I've been playing OFP and basically ignoring that I even spent money on this until they drastically improve it. It feels like the FFUR/SLX mod for OFP. For some reason people really hate that aimpoint and are under the impression that it is horribly inaccurate.

I heard it's zeroed at 400m, but if I aim low at the ground it ends up hitting EXACTLY where the dot is. It's like the game calculates certain shots at a target as a miss, but if you just fire at the ground they hit dead center. Kind of stupid if you ask me. I like the way they had it in OFP better. I've been complaining about this alot, but this "feature" or bug or whatever it is really makes the game feel like a roll of the dice as opposed to a tactical FPS.