Sign in to follow this  
d3dsh33p

server admin duscussion

Are you hooking right into the exe for the chatlog or are you intercepting the UDP packets in front of the server?

I monitor the packets, monitor the memory. The remote admin has no hooks in it. I am trying to avoid doing that.

Just incase you are curious what it will do here is a screen cap of telnet to it. I decided not to due a true telnet session as some people are going to be using php to communicate with the program for gui front ends.

Here is an update on what is going on so far.

The image in the link below does not show all the commands. I have not updated the language files to reflect some changes. The remote admin supports full IP blocking (Ip address and subnet mask) and it runs at the kernel level not a UDP proxy, so you will cut them off from all services on that server if you ban them. It also shows a list of users in the game along with CDKEYS. The chat commands will also let you monitor the games chatting while logged into the utility. So you can pretty much just turn on the chat monitors and watch the game chatter live.

Quick command list from a telnet session

That is really interesting. I have been trying to get BIS to provide a clean hook by TCP to interact with the dedicated server in order to write a web based utility to administer a box running the game. I have gotten no response whether they consider it. I don't see the base communication protocols changing much so I think your way of doing this would work just fine.

That is really interesting. I have been trying to get BIS to provide a clean hook by TCP to interact with the dedicated server in order to write a web based utility to administer a box running the game. I have gotten no response whether they consider it. I don't see the base communication protocols changing much so I think your way of doing this would work just fine.

Yeah, I doubt it will happen. Would be nice if it was there then we would have a clean method to do some things. The biggest thing missing is just a simple command to kick someone thru the scripts. It was never in OFP (Even without the JIP i think it should have been), so i have a feeling we might not see it in Arma. The player base is just to mixed and without the tools the game is not going to be the hit it should be. That's one thing i cannot understand, them not providing functions like this has more of an effect than so and so gun does not reload correctly.

Oh yeah, if you do it right you can pretty much control the game. You just have to create a client connection to the server. It's a bit of work but can be done.

Great work nutty. Would be very interested to try it out once you have a working version

njice to see your work nutty, can't wait to have a go at it.

Yeah, your all happy now. Just wait until something goes haywire and topples some foreign government and throws that country into chaos and famine. Just cause my application had a bug. Then we see who is happy! Laugh. Appreciate it.

whistle.gif

Need I add anything else huh.gif?   whistle.gif

P.S Nutty, your doing a good job M8..... keep it up, allthough you might get grey hairs........ GJ laddie!! notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]Yeah, your all happy now. Just wait until something goes haywire and topples some foreign government and throws that country into chaos and famine. Just cause my application had a bug. Then we see who is happy! Laugh. Appreciate it.

Nuttys gone Nutty

Anyone has managed to reduce the long distance interpolating of AI?

Any idea how to reduce this in the CFG's?

im gonna assume you mean their ability to pick you off from miles out...

we turned the ai's ability to aim way down thru the server profile

First off Hats off to the guy making this new program.

I would like to add while alot of us may know how to spoof ip or mac it is still a wonderful thing to have and I love to have both. because bottom line is the person banned doesnt know how they are banned and many more people do not know how to beat the bans then people who do know.

We will never get rid of all of the trouble be happy to just get most.

I would like to ask can we add Admin monitoring tools.

I would like to have if possible access level for ban

Example

vip- can perm ban

jr vip can ban for 48 hrs

something to that effect, offers a little flexability to servers and admins needed.

I would also like to see who banned each person as our server is busy and I want to make sure I do not have over active admins.

Lastly Is there a way to log all stats in game for external stat programs to dl data from instead of the constant poll of a web site which just inst working properly

Quote[/b] ]

I would like to ask can we add Admin monitoring tools.

What do you mean by Admin monitor? Aka who booted who?

Quote[/b] ]

I would like to have if possible access level for ban

Example

vip- can perm ban

jr vip can ban for 48 hrs

The program offers several levels of security. This way you can setup who can do what via the admin program. The security flag is a 16 digit key. 0=off,1=on. Then there is a setting file that lets you define the required key to use it. This should allow the server owner to define almost any security levels you want.

Quote[/b] ]

I would also like to see who banned each person as our server is busy and I want to make sure I do not have over active admins.

All bans and actions are logged. You can view the ban listings and see who banned who for how long and why (Least from the admin tool. Inside the game there is no control over it).

Quote[/b] ]

Lastly Is there a way to log all stats in game for external stat programs to dl data from instead of the constant poll of a web site which just inst working properly

The new server has a method to drop some stats. Beyond that this tool will not help you. There are some others that might help but requires some work.

No i mean the fact that enemies very far away just seem to teleport about 5 meters ahead when they move. This can be seen a lot when picking them off with optics.

The old way RN used to do it was add -Log to the server command exe and that would create a 40mb text file we would then have to serch it with Text finder label the text 04/20/07-04/22/07Server.txt http://www.tucows.com/preview/334985 and do key word serchers like "Login" to see who login or "user name" and that would Give you the guys ip. then we hed over to http://samspade.org/ and ban thare ip range

OLE school baby

Btw this still works in Arma to just add -log -server=tkcsucks.config u get it right?

Yeah, but you have to close the game to get access to the file or use a file unlocker. However it does not show joins to the game or IP addresses.

No i mean the fact that enemies very far away just seem to teleport about 5 meters ahead when they move. This can be seen a lot when picking them off with optics.

whats the server fps when they are jumping around, mine ussually has to hit about 8 to 10 fps for people to notice, but most only snipers with the 50 cal

This happens regardless of the server load.

Regardless of ping, packet loss or whatever.

Happens even in LAN.

And i think there's an open MAJOR bug report about this.

sorey not -log but -netlog shows ips serch int he text

I believe there is a setting in the config (arma.cfg, not the server config) that adresses this.

Quote[/b] ]MinErrorToSend=<limit>;

Minimal error to send updates across network. Using a smaller value can make

units  observed by binoculars or sniper rifle to move smoother.

Default: 0.01

It has been a bit quiet around this lately. How is the work coming along Nutty?

It has been a bit quiet around this lately. How is the work coming along Nutty?

Sadly the project was dropped for the moment. While working to do some of the stuff I started loosing interest due to the cheating and other issues in the game. So I decided to shelf this project and dedicate time to my data/plug in project I have been doing.