Sign in to follow this  
memnoch

Harrier and Laser Designator

SF Recon will switch automatically to Laser Designator when spotting an amoured vehicle. So if you want to do some GBU training, all you got to do is drop a AV-8B(Gbu) as player, an AI recon and enemy amour.

in theory. in practice the harrier has trouble seeing the laser until youve just flown by it, which has been driving me nuts for ages.

Plaintiff1, I can see the beam quite easily without NV unless you are talking about IRL. Point the LD at the ground nearby and you will see a large semi opaque disk of light off centre to bottom right. At 200 odd metres I can make this out on the hull of a BMP.

And regarding SF Recon switching to LD, you are right Dallas, they do. But they keep switching to and from it when they are a member of your squad and sometimes when they aren't, even if you have removed all their gear apart from the LD they will keep using it then putting it away then using it again. I don't know why as they have had no commands given to them and I am stationary.

Once I told him to target the BMP, which he did, spottily. I then told him to Engage and he ran right towards the BMP, which was facing away from him at the time so it didn't spot him. He kept on running until he was in its forward arc and then it proceeded to kill him. I'm not sure what he was expecting to achieve wielding only an LD but it's just an example of artificial stupidity! rofl.gif

AV8B seems crash often while circling for the bombrun, i think this problem need to solve too. Also, I'm guessing maybe the AV8B didn't crash at all, it is because the bomb collide with AV8B as soon as release. (same thing happens on OFP A10) icon_rolleyes.gif