Sign in to follow this  
AMA31

1.4 VS 1.5 with E6600 + 8800GTX

Hi all

I have the exact same problem. The game starts fine but then:

- the textures rapidly deteriorate to exactly those pics posted above

- FPS drops

- I can't close ArmA! I have to end up closing it via task mgr as it hangs on closing.

My specs:

E6600

2gig DDR2 RAM

MSI 8800GTS 640mb

22'' LCD

I also run Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit

Hopefully they fix this problem soon.

Hi all

I have the exact same problem. The game starts fine but then:

- the textures rapidly deteriorate to exactly those pics posted above

- FPS drops

- I can't close ArmA! I have to end up closing it via task mgr as it hangs on closing.

My specs:

E6600

2gig DDR2 RAM

MSI 8800GTS 640mb

22'' LCD

I also run Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit

Hopefully they fix this problem soon.

I'm fine in 105, I have a EVGA 8800 GTX KO ACS3, I have a single core CPU AMD 4000, 2 gig VRAM.

Ok, vista and any game, there are so many bugs right now if you mix vista and an 8800, there are prob's right now. both vista and the 8800 are buggy at the moment.

If XP and 8800, with same issues as bove but not previuos versions. Is this a CPU issue, anyone with an 8800 getting the bug and Not running an Intel DUO (AMD x2). Could this is a CPU thing because why would some get it and others not, are you running latest nvidia drivers etc...

There are also known issues with the newest 8800 GTS 320's they won't run some games, nvidia are working ot it.

no problem at all. 505 reliase + 1.5 update.

C2D 6700

EVGA 8800 GTX

2 Gig Dominator 800

Win XP sp2.

C2D 6700

EVGA 8800 GTX

2 Gig Dominator 800

Win XP sp2.

Anymore 8800 GTX users on a C2D also ok, the original posters problem suddenly looks like a Vista Issue?

Thanks for all the responses on this makes me feel better that im not the only one with these issues.

I think it comes down to the vista / 8800 GTX Factor hopefully they'll bring out some better drivers soon so that we can finally enjoy AMA in all its glory.

it's just such a shame lucky stalker is coming out at the end of the month i will be playing that until these issues are fixed.

wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]i have a E6600, a BFG 8800 GTX, 2Gb DDr2 800, 2x320 sata 2 (factory speeds) and i got no problems whatsoever with v1.5, in SP i run the game with everything at high except the HDR thingy which i dislike, at 1650X1080 usually with 2000m VD as inf or more if flying, i average between 40 and 60 fps (V-sinc limit) or more, the lowest i get is above 30 when in forests, heavy firefights, explosions and such, it all depends on the mission, and i certainly have no problems with weird cubic lods. you guys must have some hardware misconfiguration or something, are you running latest drivers?? try the new nvidia 100.87 from www.guru3D.com (read readme as exe is broken, manual instalation required, very simple anyway)

There is no misconfiguration my System is up to date and well tested ArmA was running great with 1.02 every other programm is doing its work as it should on my System. But since 1.05 there are problems with ArmA.

@Bonko the Sane

which ArmA are you running CZ with Starforce or German-EU version with Securom maybe it is related to the copyprotection?

Also can you really max everything out and set viewdistance at 10000m without problems? With 1.02 this was working without any problem on my Sys with 1.05 i can´t touch the settings without crashing ArmA on high settings.

Greets

im running 505 release patched to 1.5 on XP SP2, and no i cant play game at 10000 VD and max settings (honestly, havent tried it yet tounge2.gif ), i seriously doubt that any home pc can do that. but ill give it a shot.

C2D 6700

EVGA 8800 GTX

2 Gig Dominator 800

Win XP sp2.

Anymore 8800 GTX users on a C2D also ok, the original posters problem suddenly looks like a Vista Issue?

OK for me too. But I use high textures instead of very high and low postprocessing. With high postprocessing and very high textures all hell breaks loose.

Any 8800GTX users that do NOT have the "white fog" issue? I have not seen screens yet without it. Regarding LOD issues it seems I can avoid them by lovering the details to normal. That's not satisfactory, but it enables me to play the game.

Ok, i dont got those mentioned problems with following rig:

DUO E6700 * MSI 8800GTX * 2Gb Corsair RAM * 0.8 Terra HD * EVGA 680i SLI

Version: German Morphicom 1.0-1.5 never had it.

depending on what i'm doing i have settings from low to very high. everythink on normal without postprocessing seems the best setting for me without having to low fps.

my problem is that my mouse isnt accurate, it just jumps 1-2m over the target every 3th -4th time i'm moving it to the side, but who cares...

guerilla @ Mar. 13 2007,15:49)]Ok, i dont got those mentioned problems with following rig:

depending on what i'm doing i have settings from low to very high. everythink on normal without postprocessing seems the best setting for me without having to low fps.

my problem is that my mouse isnt accurate, it just jumps 1-2m over the target every 3th -4th time i'm moving it to the side, but who cares...

Try triple buffer and vsync off in nvidia control panel. that did it for me.

Also I got rid of the mouse float issue, was handy for some things pain in the butt for a BF2 player ;}

guerilla @ Mar. 13 2007,15:49)]Ok, i dont got those mentioned problems with following rig:

Try triple buffer and vsync off in nvidia control panel.  that did it for me.

Also I got rid of the mouse float issue,  was handy for some things pain in the butt for a BF2 player ;}

hmm ill have a look at report back.

AMA31 I HAVE SAME EXACT PROBLEM AND SYSTEM

Hi all,

I live in the US and ordered the European Version hoping it would work okay here in the US. After installing it, I was extremely excited. Version 1.04 worked flawless in every way. Now after installing 1.05 I get ALL SORTS OF PROBLEMS including:

- Crash to desktop with multiple errors

- Horrible textures that look like they're from atari 2600 era

- Disconnect from server

The only way I was able to play was with all settings high except textures at 'very low' and anti-aliasing at 'low'. But it doesn't look good at all. I zoom in with a scope and it has to redraw everything.

I am and have always been running Vista with an 8800GTX at 2560x1600 and Forceware 100.65. I have tried other driver versions including 100.58, 100.59, 100.64 and nothing changes. I tried both upgrade files to 1.05, the European version and the Worldwide version(you have to re-install game to switch upgrades). I even switched back to 1.04 and everything works great again but no one plays online with 1.04(obviously).

Yes shalati i feel your pain,

Im in Australia and we seem to be having the same issues ill report back here if i find anything new out.

I can only play on 1.4 also but alas i pretty much bought the game for MP.

Hopefully we'll get an emergency patch or something i bet it a memory leak that they can fix pretty easily. pistols.gif

Yes, I bought the game for multiplayer too. It is funny, we have almost the same system.

Core2Duo E6600

P5B Deluxe

eVGA GeForce 8800GTX

2 Gig 800mhz Corsair DDR2

WD 150Gig Raptor 10k rpm

WD 320Gig Caviar 7200 rpm

750watt Thermaltake PSU

SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer

Just to add some numbers, I also get those horrid looking textures in 1.5

If i set everything to normal with low post processing, i get normal textures, for a little while, but it will crash either the first or second time it loads a mission/map.

at least i can play it a little biggrin_o.gif

dont remember power supply, i think its 550, its either that or higher.

e6600 Core 2 Duo

XFX 8800GTX

Intel 965P chipset

X-fi fatality

2 gig 800mhz corsair ram

2x 250 gig seagate sata II drives (7200 rpm i think) raid-0 striped.

Windows Vista home premium x64 =(=(=(

If i set everything to normal with low post processing, i get normal textures, for a little while, but it will crash either the first or second time it loads a mission/map.

e6600 Core 2 Duo

XFX 8800GTX

Intel 965P chipset

X-fi fatality

2 gig 800mhz corsair ram

60 FPS stable with

AMD 4000, EVGA 8800 GTX, XIFI, 2 GIG RAM.

Everything set to normal, bar text high and shadows v high.

AA set to normal Post P set low.

XP SP2

changed cfg file to 16 HDR and to use 1024 ram, set vsync and triple buffer off.

SSAA set off or on depending on mood. Running at 1600x1024

EAX and Hardware acce' set off, Im sure Opeanal stuff aint perfect yet.

e6600 Core 2 Duo

XFX 8800GTX

Intel 965P chipset

X-fi fatality

2 gig 800mhz corsair ram

60 FPS stable with

AMD 4000, EVGA 8800 GTX, XIFI, 2 GIG RAM.

Everything set to normal,  bar text high and shadows v high.

AA set to normal Post P set low.

XP SP2

changed cfg file to 16 HDR and to use 1024 ram,  set vsync and triple buffer off.

SSAA set off or on depending on mood.  Running at 1600x1024

EAX and Hardware acce' set off,  Im sure Opeanal stuff aint perfect yet.

tahst the diffrence though you are using XP SP2 Vista messes everything up.

Should have stuck with XP a few more months crazy_o.gif

Hey everyone, I'm new here and from what I have played till know I'm pretty sure I'm going to like this game but like many other people here I have the same problems with textures after a sertain amount of time playing and random crashes most of the time after loading a new mission. I tried different settings but nothing works. At least not for long. I have also the 1.05 patch. I can try without the patch (European retail version with 1.04) bit I'm going to miss the improvements then and can't play online then when I'm ready to it. Anyway, with those crashes and texture problems it's not so funny anymore. I personally think it has something to do with the drivers available for our cards right now and in combination with Vista. I hope there's coming soon a new patch and/or better drivers for us 8800 users and Vista because there are problems with other games to. A shame...

My system:

ASUS P5W DH DELUXE, Sk775, PCIe

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600

Corsair 2048MB, DDR2, 64MX8

1 bootdrive WD 36GB, Raptor en 2nd hard drive WD 250GB, RE, SATA 16

ASUS EN8800GTX/HTDP/768M DDR 3

Cooler Master PSU, IGreen, Power 600 Watt

A Case Twin Engine Blue Fan

Windows Vista OEM Premium 32bit

Btw. Forgive me for my bad English. I'm Belgian and the writing is not as good as I wish it would be. smile_o.gif

Hey everyone, I'm new here and from what I have played till know I'm pretty sure I'm going to like this game but like many other people here I have the same problems with textures after a sertain amount of time playing and random crashes most of the time after loading a new mission. I tried different settings but nothing works. At least not for long. I have also the 1.05 patch. I can try without the patch (European retail version with 1.04) bit I'm going to miss the improvements then and can't play online then when I'm ready to it. Anyway, with those crashes and texture problems it's not so funny anymore. I personally think it has something to do with the drivers available for our cards right now and in combination with Vista. I hope there's coming soon a new patch and/or better drivers for us 8800 users and Vista because there are problems with other games to. A shame...

My system:

ASUS P5W DH DELUXE, Sk775, PCIe

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600

Corsair 2048MB, DDR2, 64MX8

1 bootdrive WD 36GB, Raptor en 2nd hard drive WD 250GB, RE, SATA 16

ASUS EN8800GTX/HTDP/768M DDR 3

Cooler Master PSU, IGreen, Power 600 Watt

A Case Twin Engine Blue Fan

Windows Vista OEM Premium 32bit

Btw. Forgive me for my bad English. I'm Belgian and the writing is not as good as I wish it would be. smile_o.gif

yer it is a shame, i simply cant play 1.5 i am currently finshing out the single player missions and the campaign under 1.4

NO MP for me until they get another Patch out whistle.gif

It just bugs the hell out of me that there is no word from the developer what so ever, saying something like 'hey guys...we know about the problem and we're working on it.' It can't be that hard to figure out, I mean .... 1.04 works so well, even under Vista.

Sam

Hi ... i have the same system and the same problem as AMA31 :-(

I use the german version of arma and i cannot play Arma with this bug at the moment. My system crash after the texture problem.

I hope the next patch is better ...

Chris2110

I dont even play the game much anymore couldnt be bothered till they fix it so i can play multi.

Stalkers out now so BYBY AMA for now goodnight.gif

Stalker? Prepare for disappointment on a scale Arma could never hope to achieve. It's a tight little game, but nothing like the concept we all fell in love with so many years ago.

1.4 VS 1.5 with E6600 + 8800GTX?

This looks more like a XP vs Vista problem to me.

Why install Vista in the first place? Honest question.. I cant se one reason for that, maybe in the future but not now...