Sign in to follow this  
fer

BAS f

Hmmm. The only place you should see that script being called is within the INIT line of a unit from one of the ShackTac platoons (found in either mission_ShackTac_ACE_MARPAT.sqm or mission_ShackTac_ACE_MARPAT_D.sqm).

yup thats what I used as my start point, I never get the error in game/editor just when I finsh for the day and exit out to the start screen so I can quit to desktop, even in the arma.rpt it only appears just before the start of a new log entry (indicating its only occuring just before closing ArmA)

Last few lines from the file

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">String (1476.76) ace_sys_network_opd - Player Disconnected: [3PARA]LCpl Desrat[1P2S], UID: scalar bool array string 0xe0ffffef, IDX: -1 not found

File description.ext, line 3: '.ShowGPS': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 4: '.ShowWatch': Missing ';' at the end of line

File Dialogs\RecruitSoldierDialog.hpp, line 32: '/RAI9_RecruitSoldierDialog/RAI9_Background.h': Missing ';' at the end of line

File Dialogs\RecruitSoldierDialog.hpp, line 41: '/RAI9_RecruitSoldierDialog/RAI9_Frame.h': Missing ';' at the end of line

File Dialogs\Support.hpp, line 32: '/SPI9_RecruitSoldierDialog/SPI9_Background.h': Missing ';' at the end of line

File Dialogs\Support.hpp, line 41: '/SPI9_RecruitSoldierDialog/SPI9_Frame.h': Missing ';' at the end of line

File Dialogs\RecruitSoldierDialog.hpp, line 32: '/RAI9_RecruitSoldierDialog/RAI9_Background.h': Missing ';' at the end of line

File Dialogs\RecruitSoldierDialog.hpp, line 41: '/RAI9_RecruitSoldierDialog/RAI9_Frame.h': Missing ';' at the end of line

File Dialogs\Support.hpp, line 32: '/SPI9_RecruitSoldierDialog/SPI9_Background.h': Missing ';' at the end of line

File Dialogs\Support.hpp, line 41: '/SPI9_RecruitSoldierDialog/SPI9_Frame.h': Missing ';' at the end of line

MPMissions\MP21_C&H_60.Porto: string @STR_MP_M21n01 cannot be localized client-side - move to global stringtable

MPMissions\MP22_Coop_6.Porto: string @STR_Mission_Name cannot be localized client-side - move to global stringtable

ca\buildings\bouda_garaz.p3d: house, config class missing

Warning Message: Script f\common\@ShackTac_assignGear.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script initlinehq.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script initlinea.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script initlineb.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script vehi_respawn.sqs not found

String (0) MachineCheck: [false,false,false,true,true,true,true,false] (Player: <NULL-object>) not found

String (0) InitDone: [false,false,false,true,true,true,true,true] (Player: <NULL-object>) not found

@ Desrat When you exit out of ArmA, was the BAS/ShackTac f the last mission you were editing? I'm not sure why you're getting that error, but have one theory. Try creating a vanilla ArmA mission, with a standard WEST soldier placed (nothing in the INIT line etc.). After you have finished editing the BAS/ShackTac f mission, load the vanilla mission, then quit ArmA. Would be interested to know if you see the same error message.

@ DesratTry creating a vanilla ArmA mission, with a standard WEST soldier placed (nothing in the INIT line etc.).

Will give it a try as soon as I have a chance..

Yep - you don't have to use ACE at all - there are mission.sqm files for vanilla ArmA, ACE and FDF.

smile_o.gif

Just wanted to say a big thank you.

This tool is really useful for me as a novice mission maker.

Thank you very much for all your hard work.

<span style='color:red'>UPDATED INFORMATION</span>

BAS f v1-4-2 RELEASED (for ACE v1.04 + ACEIP v1.12)

For more information and download links, please see the biki page:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BAS_f

Will there be a update of the BAS f framework for ArmA 2 and if yes how long you think this is gonna take?

Will there be a update of the BAS f framework for ArmA 2 and if yes how long you think this is gonna take?

Yes. It will be called F2 and you can expect to see a first release in July 2009.

Whilst the team works on it, it would be useful to hear from anyone who has suggestions / requests. We may not be able to accomodate them in the first release, but like BAS f the plan for F2 is for development to be ongoing.

Good to see this will be continued. Hopefully mission designers notice that... :)

Yes. It will be called F2 and you can expect to see a first release in July 2009.

Whilst the team works on it, it would be useful to hear from anyone who has suggestions / requests. We may not be able to accomodate them in the first release, but like BAS f the plan for F2 is for development to be ongoing.

Great to hear of a F2 release :)

Suggestion / Question:

As a lot of people are running with digital-bought german copies with english language-mod - but you still get german text with the mission condition/AI skill selectors. Is there any way to force the stringtable to use the english lines? If not, that would be a nice feature for F2 :)

Is there any way to force the stringtable to use the english lines? If not, that would be a nice feature for F2 :)

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a dynamic way to do that - even if we could detect the presence of the language mod, stringtable.csv is never explicitly called by init.sqf or description.ext. The game simply knows its official language, and draws string values from stringtable.csv automatically.

The only thing I can suggest is that mission makers writing for non/semi-public servers where a lot of players are in this situation manually edit out the whole German column from stringtable.csv. The game should then automatically use the English strings (column #1).

Roger that Fer - I'll make a pure-english stringtable one of the days then. Would you like a copy of it?

Roger that Fer - I'll make a pure-english stringtable one of the days then. Would you like a copy of it?

Sure. Please send me a copy.

FYI - The official ArmA 2 version of BAS f, F2, has just been release into public beta. Find out more in the new thread. Please use this thread for BAS f (ArmA) discussion only.

I would just like to say thanks as this will prevent a lot of migranes on my part. Damn good work. Im just getting into mission editing and scripting and this will make a major contribution to anything I do. I do have a possible suggestion for you to perhaps include a script that prevents ppl fk TKing if they are within 50m or so of an MHQ by having their weapon jam instead. I have no idea how to do it but it would maybe nice if there was one available to use on maps like Domination that could be added to public servers and stop a lot of the crap tht goes on. once again guys thanks for the work sofar

I would just like to say thanks as this will prevent a lot of migranes on my part. Damn good work. Im just getting into mission editing and scripting and this will make a major contribution to anything I do. I do have a possible suggestion for you to perhaps include a script that prevents ppl fk TKing if they are within 50m or so of an MHQ by having their weapon jam instead. I have no idea how to do it but it would maybe nice if there was one available to use on maps like Domination that could be added to public servers and stop a lot of the crap tht goes on. once again guys thanks for the work sofar

Droogs, glad you like BAS f and find it useful. Sadly, no further development is planned; the team has moved on to develop F2 (for Arma2). Follow the link in my sig for more details.